shape
carat
color
clarity

am I allowed...

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
to make show-off threads for custom rings with moissanite center-stones? what if there are diamond side-stones? what if it's a diamond center-stone with moissy side-stones? hope I don't get banned for asking this question!

well last year I had a ring custom-made by Mark Morrell, and I really wanted to gush about it here since Pricescope was how I found out about Mark in the first place. his workmanship is every bit as superb as it's been hyped up to be! however, I went with a moissy center stone so I've always been a bit hesitant to post anything.

I have nothing against diamonds, my husband's father does jewelry stuff so sometimes I go visit him in his shop and he has a bag of diamonds sitting around. in fact he's offered to switch out all my moissies for diamonds, but 1) I don't trust anyone other than Mark to work on this ring, and 2) I have nothing against moissanite anyway. I do own other diamond rings and pendants (FIL is generous with his stock, lol), just none custom-made hence haven't felt the urge to show them off.

currently I am having a pink moissanite & diamond ring custom-made by my FIL's contacts, and I'd love to post the result (from drawings to wax to finish!) and find out more about what kind of work was involved. since I don't know much about the making of jewelry, but am fascinated by what goes into it, there's always stuff to learn. and I've always valued the insight of the people on this forum.

buuut I know it's a slippery slope so if it's simply not allowed I will just go back to lurking.

p.s.
Mark Morrell does FABULOUS work. truly. and he's so great to work with! a whole year later I still get flutters when I look at my ring. highly recommend him.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We are sorry, but at this time we do not allow simulants to be posted on the forum at all. But do not worry you will never be banned for asking a question. :))

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please come back and show us your diamond stuff!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with you about Mark Morrell. I'm sure your ring is lovely.

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thanks for taking the time to answer! well, at least now I know for sure. ;-)

@AprilBaby: I'm not as attached to non-custom projects, so all my diamond jewelry (so far, anyway!) don't inspire me to pick up the camera. or maybe I just haven't met the right diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results