shape
carat
color
clarity

After a long absence, I return to PS with...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Lesco, it''s just stunning, and absolutely perfectly proportioned!
36.gif
Wow, I love it.
30.gif

So good to see you back, and with bootiful bling to boot. You and your ring have come a long way. Congrats!
face23.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
What a purrrrfect ring
9.gif

It looks fab on you.

*edited to add; I looked at the old thread for your first ring setting and I have to say that while I'm sorry you had to deal with issues with the old vendor, this certainly turned out to have a happy ending. You must be thrilled with the new look
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic! LM did a great job creating an unobtrusive halo, which does a wonderful job enhancing your stone. I am so glad you are pleased with the final product, enjoy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful, congratulations!!
36.gif

HSC

Rough_Rock
For the newbie lurkers on this forum, what exactly is LM? This ring is gorgeous!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and perfect!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everyone! Thank you so much for all of your comments. Yes Ellen, my ring and I have come a long way. For the newbies, LM stands for Leon Mege, the designer of my ring. I have to say that this time around, Leon did a magnificent job understanding what I wanted. I did not give him any measurements per say but described the final product with words such as delicate, well -proportioned, suitable for everyday wear. My main concern is that the halo could overpower the stone. It turned out quite the opposite. He met my expectations and more.

I''m a sentimental fool, I''m really happy !!! I know it is not a ginormous piece of bling but it suits me... what else can I ask for!!! Now off to the wedding bands, I''m thinking a plain plat ( maybe novo) band could be nice.

As a side note, my FI is so relieved I can finally laugh at this whole thing. He was so skeptical coming in. I am glad it turned out so well. I leave you with another picture...

PRICES47364.JPG

HSC

Rough_Rock
Can you zoom in so we can see the settings on the diamonds on the side of the band? Amazing!

HSC

Rough_Rock
I should mention that I am trying to get quotes on an almost identical ring, but with a center diamond of about .75 carat. Center Stone excluded, what do the readers of this forum think is a reasonable price range for this setting in platinum?

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 11:53:30 AM
Author: HSC
I should mention that I am trying to get quotes on an almost identical ring, but with a center diamond of about .75 carat. Center Stone excluded, what do the readers of this forum think is a reasonable price range for this setting in platinum?
Hi HSC I will try to zoom in so you can see the details on the band... I''m on it.

As far as quotes, I know prices vary depending on the size of the center stone, at least as far as Leon goes. I priced similar settings and they were as low as 2,900 to as high as 3,600. What is reasonable is mostly a personal call. I think what we spent on this ring is worth every penny. I don''t mind others chipping in to answer HSC.. So, go right ahead!!!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It''s stunning! I love how the halo just hugs the center stone! Gor-ge-ous!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
G
30.gif
RGEOUS!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring. I love the halo and of course Leon''s work is stunning. Enjoy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s simply beautiful! Welcome back!

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Simply stunning.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

chitownj

Rough_Rock
I was looking at the getting the same Adrianna style, as I dont think I would want anything different. Did he ask how large you wanted the pave etc. or did you just trust his eye for that stuff. I know she wanted about a 1.8 shank, but I was thinking he would just know what to do on the other stuff. Also, how long did it take him to complete this wonderful ring? Any feedback would be appreciated greatly.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 2:14:00 PM
Author: chitownj
I was looking at the getting the same Adrianna style, as I dont think I would want anything different. Did he ask how large you wanted the pave etc. or did you just trust his eye for that stuff. I know she wanted about a 1.8 shank, but I was thinking he would just know what to do on the other stuff. Also, how long did it take him to complete this wonderful ring? Any feedback would be appreciated greatly.
Hello Chitownj,

No, I did not give Leon any measurements at all nor did I specify the size of the pave. I gave him an overall description of how I wanted the ring to look like. I used words such as delicate, in proportion to the center stone, suitable for everyday wear.I basically told him to adjust the dimensions of the halo and band to be aestetically pleasing and in proportion to my center stone.

The only things I asked for were:
a- no diamonds in the donut so I can wear a wedding band and,
b- I wanted the smallest, most delicate prongs.

The ring took about 7 weeks to be completed. Thank you for the compliments. Holla! back with as many questions as you like.
35.gif

ETA: I also requested that the donut be modified so I can wear a wedding band as close as possible.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful, congrats!

cheers--Sharon

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! I am glad Leon got it to your specifications. The prongs blend right into the stone/setting! It''s all in those little details!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
WOW.... spectacular!!!

It's stunning on your hand.

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
Had to log on just so I could reply to this thread ... it is stunning!!! So glad you are happy with it!
1.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, gorgeous!! congratulations!

HSC

Rough_Rock
One more question - how wide is the band?

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 5:08:38 PM
Author: HSC
One more question - how wide is the band?
I'm trying to measure.... ummm it should be about 1.6 mm. The overall ring is quite petite.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Congratulations!!
36.gif

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
ditto the complimentary halo remark! your halo is totally 2nd fiddle to that gorgeous center stone, and makes it stand out front and center!!!! love it! so many halo''s are overpowering, and i just love how this even rests behind your diamond. many congrats and happy wishes to you!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow.....where to start. I love it
30.gif
. The porportions are just perfect, everywhere. The diamond, the shank, the halo, and the prongs....all so well done. And it looks great on your hand. Very well done. Congrats, and enjoy wearing that beauty.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooh...that is LOVELY - the halo looks like a beautiful, dainty flower or something, and I love the proportions on your hand - Nice!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
omg - i think i just saw my dream ring!!

that is just sooooo....

too wonderful for words!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t add anything that hasn''t already been said - IT IS GORGEOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results