shape
carat
color
clarity

? about pendants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
I am in the process of buying a pendant. I would like to know if those of u that have something like WF's 4 corner pendant could tell me any pro's or con's about this mounting. Like does it stay in place or travel around your neck? Is it comfortable to wear 24/7? Would u pick this mounting again? Do u think the bezel setting would look better or make the diamond look bigger? I am looking at 1.0 ct stones and want whatever will make the stone stand out the best.
Please tell me what u think! I have a necklace now that the catch stays in the front more than in the back and don't that to happen again.

Thanks,
cwj

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
There are several happy customers with bezel pendants and martini pendants from WF that have posted recently. I have recently bought one of each and love them. The martini flips around a little, pointing up or down depending on my movement. It moves a little to the left and right, too. It's attached to the chain so the catch would never end up in front. The weight of the stone keeps it straight. Some people have the kind where the pendant is separate from the chain. That way you could switch pendants but that's also the kind where the catch moves all around.

Do a search for pendants and see the variety on PS. Do you have your stone yet?

I never sleep in my jewelry. You can crimp the chain or get your hair stuck in it and one good yank could weaken the links.

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Thanks swing girl,

I still can''t decide on the WF 4 corner setting or the bezel, full or half. Any suggestion?

cwj

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
They are all lovely. The bezel adds a bit of size. I picked the bezel for my daughter because I thought it was more contemporary. I got mine with prongs because it looked traditional and more like my original ering (that''s where the stone came from). I actually like the bezel more and could have gone for the half-bezel just to keep our two pendants looking different. And I considered a halo but my stones weren''t the right size.

The bezel has a flat back which keeps it hanging straight and flat. My martini has a smooth but pointed back where the 3 prong ends converge so it doesn''t lay flat against my skin. No real problem just things to consider. The bezel Mara, cpster and I just got is a thinner version than the one WF has on their website. The 4 corner pendant is very pretty too with a basket that has a flat back.

So I am no help!! I like them all!!

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 2:23:03 AM
Author: swingirl
They are all lovely. The bezel adds a bit of size. I picked the bezel for my daughter because I thought it was more contemporary. I got mine with prongs because it looked traditional and more like my original ering (that's where the stone came from). I actually like the bezel more and could have gone for the half-bezel just to keep our two pendants looking different. And I considered a halo but my stones weren't the right size.

The bezel has a flat back which keeps it hanging straight and flat. My martini has a smooth but pointed back where the 3 prong ends converge so it doesn't lay flat against my skin. No real problem just things to consider. The bezel Mara, cpster and I just got is a thinner version than the one WF has on their website. The 4 corner pendant is very pretty too with a basket that has a flat back.

So I am no help!! I like them all!!
sg,
The one u got for your daughter is why I think I want the bezel. If its not the one on the website, what do I tell Jamie I want? I am leaning toward the bezel because I want to highlight the diamond as much as possible.
And yes u are being very helpful!
cwj

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I told WF that I wanted one like Mara''s, thin bezel and small attachments. They knew exactly which one it was but I also grabbed the photo off PS and emailed to them just to make sure they knew what I was refering too. Good luck. I really love the bezel myself!

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 12:17:55 PM
Author: swingirl
I told WF that I wanted one like Mara''s, thin bezel and small attachments. They knew exactly which one it was but I also grabbed the photo off PS and emailed to them just to make sure they knew what I was refering too. Good luck. I really love the bezel myself!
Thanks swingirl,
I ordered my new pendant tonight from WF, I love your thin full bezel so thats what I went with!

Thanks again,
cwj

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results