shape
carat
color
clarity

A small beauty...bezel set ACA pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My youngest sister is my godchild and this weekend she is getting her Catholic confirmation. As her sponsor and godmother, I am supposed to get her a present to commemorate the event.

I hemmed and hawed over various things and thought about getting her a few fashion fun jewelry items I came across, as she and I have pretty much similar tastes...but then I thought well this is supposed to be her making the committment as a burgeoning adult to be Catholic (rather than just taking on your parents religion when you are a child) and she is 15 now...so maybe it's time for a REAL diamond.
5.gif
Plus as we all know I will take any excuse to buy a new sparklie.
9.gif

So I had WF create a small bezel set diamond pendant for her. It's on a 16" white gold thin cable chain, I wanted it stationary with a very thin bezel since the diamond is so small, I did not want the pendant to overwhelm the stone. The stone is a .15c ACA melee.

They shipped it today and it will arrive tomorrow. They sent me two cute pictures of it, it's adorable. I think she will love it and I can't wait to see it in person and on her neck. I think it's the perfect size for a young girl who is slowly walking the long road to adulthood.

Anyway, just in case anyone else is considering a similar project, here are the pictures and I'll try to take some tomorrow when it arrives. It looks so cute I am contemplating getting one for me too.
31.gif
But maybe bigger.
12.gif

mara_pendant.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif

mara_pendant2.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! She will adore it! Congratulations and best wishes to her.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Mara, good choice she''s going to love it. Best wishes to her and to you on this very special milestone in her life!! I love the chain too, it''s perfect!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s delicacy is its perfection. I am sure she''ll be delighted to receive this gift, on this special occasion.

cheers--Sharon

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a sweet gift! wow...you are nice!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a special thing to do for your sister Mara, it is just lovely! I''m sure she will be thrilled to have her very own super sparkly ACA diamond!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is the cutest thing ever. I''m going to have to get my girls each one when they get older. It''s absolutely perfect for a 15/16 year old.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Man I wish someone would have given my 13 year old self a diamond pendant when I made my Confirmation! Its gorgeous!

Mara I still want you and Greg to adopt me :) Best wishes to your sister on this very important event in her life!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute! She''s going to love it. What a great big sister you are!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
wonderful choice! not only is it beautiful, it''s so nice to get a piece of jewelry for a special occasion.

my daughter is not AT ALL a jewlery lover, so I gave her a trip as a graduation present. But at the last minute, I picked up a sterling silver pendant on a rubbery choker, and I had it engraved with her initials.
Even she loved getting a piece of jewelry to commemorate the day.

Since your little sister has similar taste to you, i bet it will go over REALLY well!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful present Mara!
36.gif
I''m sure she''ll cherish it!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
The pendant is lovely. I''m sure this is bringing us all back to memories of our confirmation, those of us who are Catholic. I agree, I wish I would''ve gotten a diamond back then!!!!
21.gif

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful and thoughtful gift for this special occasion! It''s just lovely.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so sweet of you! It reminds me of a mini of the one that Audrey wore on the last season of 24! I''ve been coveting on like it for quite some time!

She''ll love it!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, it''s beautiful, I''m so glad you shared pics! One of our nieces just made her confirmation two weeks ago and my husband and I and one of my SIL''s went in on a Tiffany bracelet. Wish I''d had the good sense to search out a beautiful diamond something like the necklace you got for your sister!!! Unfortunately none of his family knows about my diamond obsession, lol! Congrats to your sister and I hope she wears her new pendant in good health.
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful!!!!!! Congrats! Hopefully you don''t fall in love with it too much and decide to keep it for yourself!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 12:38:14 AM
Author: Jelly
Just beautiful!!!!!! Congrats! Hopefully you don't fall in love with it too much and decide to keep it for yourself!!
HA HA I totally have thought about it....but this one is for her!! I can always have a twin made to it in the future!
31.gif

Thanks so much for your comments ladies...I hope she loves it as much as you all do!!

Belle...
12.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Mara you are such a trendsetter! I''m thinking that kind of necklace would be perfect for my Jr. Bridesmaids. I''m calling WF tomorrow to get a quote.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara she will LOVE it! How sweet.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL re wishing that we had gotten this for OUR own confirmations many years ago...I was talking to my Mom tonite telling her about the gift and I said I think you guys gave me a rosary for mine!! And it surely wasn't diamond studded.
9.gif

What a cute idea for your J.BM's, Jelly!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
What a great gift Mara! Congrats to your sister. And to think that throughout this journey to becoming a woman, she can also upgrade this stone on the way! Just perfect!
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mara it''s lovely. Your little sister is so lucky to have you. I''m loving the pendant and have been thinking of one similar for myself! I actually not so subtley hinted it to my BF earlier this week that I would love a diamond pendant, which is cheaper than diamond earings, right!?, cause you only need one stone
31.gif
Congratulations to your sister
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, your BF is so lucky to have such a smart woman! hehe

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 3:04:55 AM
Author: Jelly
Sunkist, your BF is so lucky to have such a smart woman! hehe

3.gif
hehe, Good thinking huh, Jelly? hahaha. I thought it was pretty smoooth!
3.gif
The funny thing is I think I got him half way convinced!! Who knows maybe someday I'll talk him into it
37.gif
I'm trying to let him recover from this last diamond purchase, but I don't want him to cool off too much!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Mara - that pendant is super-cute! Your lil sis is gonna love it! What a beautiful and thoughtful confirmation gift...it is something she''ll be able to cherish for a lifetime.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely wish I had gotten something like that for MY confirmation!!!! What a beautiful gift - she is going to LOVE it so much more than any trendy thing you could have picked out. So elegant and simple, perfect for a young girl.
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a thoughtful gift

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results