shape
carat
color
clarity

A small beauty...bezel set ACA pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
That is such a nice gift Mara!!! She will love it I''m sure! It really is a perfect gift for the occasion.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay first off MAN this pendant is hard to take pictures of! it looks lovely in person...but capturing such a small stone''s personality is sooo hard!!! i can''t help but compare it to how easy my 2.32 photographs. i didn''t even manage to get crisp arrows even with digital macro on, i will have to dig out my loupe!

but here are a few images, sorry they are so bad but it gives you an idea of the scale/size of the diamond, it''s perfect for a young girl!!! i showed it to my coworker and she was like ''i need to get one of these''...pendants for everyone, yay!

little beauty ACA pendant.jpg

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
i absolutely love it! :)
she is very lucky!! yay pendants!

approx. how much was it? (like was it custom made etc??)
how long did you have this project in the works!
I''m curious all around!! ahaha

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Mara I love the pendant! More pics please! Plus some mandatory neckshots.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
A perfect choice, if I do say so myself!
31.gif
31.gif

Nicely done. I''m sure she''s going to love it!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
That is such a nice and thoughtful gift, I am sure she will love it!!!
Hmmm, it gives me an idea for a gift for my daughter, Kayla, when she is a bit older, of course!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so just an update to the thread, my sister LOVED the pendant and it looks SO CUTE on her....absolutely PERFECT for her (she''s very small) and her age, it looks totally appropriate. i totally zoned out and left my battery for the camera charging at home so i didn''t get a neck shot on her but i did take some pictures last nite on mine, to come. so here is the last batch of photos for this little darling pendant....as now it''s home is with her!! she said she would take great care of it and bring it to me for cleaning...haha.

here it is against my boulder of a ring stone...if i am ever feeling shrinkage i can just look at this picture.
6.gif

little beauty a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i finally got some better arrows but those tips were SO elusive, even with my loupe AND the camera.

little beauty b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
neck shot! so here it is with my .38c regent (all lit up!) 4 prong solitaire pendant..the bezel on the small one really makes it look larger!! i actually loved the stacked look like this so much that i was mulling over a project with like a 2 or 3 tier bezel set necklace like this with small stones, how fun would that be?!

little beauty d.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more neck shot a little closer, hopefully my pores aren''t too visible here...magnification is icky that way!!

little beauty e.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

little beauty f.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

little beauty g.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one!! another neck shot but with no flash, shows a little bit more of the colors going on inside the stones.

little beauty h.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Mara. I''m so glad she loves it, I knew she would!!! Great pics BTW. I see lots of pretty arrows!!!
30.gif
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow Mara, I love it and I bet she will too!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Mara, it''s gorgeous! That''s exactly what I want...maybe I''ll get one as a wedding present?
31.gif
I love, love love classic pieces that can be worn daily.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mara, What a beautiful sentiment to be a constant reminder of her faith. Two things are forever...diamonds and Catholic guilt. (I can say this..as I am one--recently baptised my son too)..

but she''ll always remember you, and why you gave her this gift for all her life. Its beautiful enough to be passed down someday to her own daughter on her confirmation/wedding/other momentous occasion.

Wow...you "rock" girl!

Jeannine

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Mara! I''m so happy lil sis loved it. That tiered looked is very appealing! I think you''re on to something
31.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYWORDHOWADORABLEISTHATIJUSTLOVEIT!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What a thoughtful, generous and sweet sister you are!!! The necklace is charming - a perfect gift for a 15 year old (15 points/15 years old... I bet that wasn''t a coincidence!!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
) I LOVE it!

Adorable, lovely little necklace! Simply perfect!

NOW -- do you have any SPECS???! Color? Clarity? Do those little ACA melees have any numbers???!!! Chop chop!!!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha the melee doesn't have spec numbers at that small (i think they start at .25 with AGS certs or something?) but it is a typical ACA melee in that it's E/F VS. and it definitely has arrows, i just can't capture them that well with my camera! also someone else asked how much it ran, the total came out to be about $400 and it wasn't a 'custom' job persay, but they used elements of stuller pieces to create it and i just stressed super thin bezel so that it would not overwhelm the stone.

the interesting thing is that WF carries melee in many more sizes now which i didn't know, so i could have chosen from a .10 to a .15 and a .14 was about $50 cheaper, but i liked the symbolism of the whole .15 / 15 years old thing and figured what was $50 in the scheme of things. it's really cool how the bezel adds width to the stone, which i knew but it's interesting to see in person, it almost looks as big as my .38c!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! xoxox

Now wouldn''t something like that be a DARLING addition to my own jewelry collection.... it would EXACTLY match my little Tiffany bezel-set studs!!!!!!!!!! *thud* (That''s my DH falling to the floor.)
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I know what you mean about the bezel adding so much "size"... my little baby studs are only .05s each but bezeled like that, they look just as big as my .17 martini set stud.

AMAZING! And again, let me say, what a generous and VERY thoughtful sister you are!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
awesome pendant! I love it! Great way to start the young girl off with "diamond obsession", LOL!!!! And thanks for all the eye candy pics!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ya, it is amazing they do look very similar in size. Do you know what diameter the .15ct is? Just think how yourr .38ct pendant would look bigger in a bezel setting
31.gif
I''m realllllly liking that bezel.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is sooo pretty. I''m amazed at how WF can make the Peretti replica so well.

It looks exactly like mine -- most replicas look different in some way but this one''s perfect. I think the only way to know would be looking from the side since Tiffany''s bezel has less platinum. But I like WF''s better because the Tiffany style has it so the diamond POKES you! Seriously, the cutlet pokes me! Ouch!

Amazing how the .15 looks nearly as big as your .38. Time to bezel your .38??????
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif

So pretty. What a generous sister you are. She''s going to treasure that forever and wear it well into her adult years.

Beautiful gift.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehee Julian, this one looks like the Peretti from the front but from the side it''s a flat metal...the culet isn''t exposed...but I loved it..I think that the exposed culet would bug me because it does poke you. Esp if the diamond is bigger and the culet is larger etc. I wouldn''t bezel my .38 since it''s a Regent and it''s not round...but I do want a larger pendant aka .75c or so but if I could bezel it, maybe I could get away with a .50c or so. That means I could get it sooner!
31.gif

Lynn this pendant would be FAB with your Tiffany earrings, you sneaky girl!

The diameter of the .15 is 3.4mm I think...so with the bezel I think it''s about 4mm...not bad at all huh!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2006 5:41:29 PM
Author: EBree
Mara, it''s gorgeous! That''s exactly what I want...maybe I''ll get one as a wedding present?
31.gif
I love, love love classic pieces that can be worn daily.
I got one almost exactly like Mara''s sister''s necklace as a wedding day gift from my hubby.
9.gif
Here''s to hoping you get one, too!

Mara -- I''m loving that layered look.
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
2 or 3 tier necklace.....yeah!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Lucky little sis!! You are starting her on a very dangerous road of diamond-loving! Love the shots, just a perfect little necklace!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, what a lovely gift.

And if she develops a diamond obsession starting with such a great stone at this young age, well, she''ll be in good company!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooooh, I love the last shot without the flash!

Ebree, you may be onto something. Maybe I''ll forward this thread to Sam....and maybe I''ll have a little neck bling to wear after the wedding...Heehee.
11.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sweet! Another thing to add to my list, u diamond-buying-enabler
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results