shape
carat
color
clarity

A Never ending addiction!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
DH says I need help.

Well, I''ve thoroughly enjoyed this place, all the advice, all the photos, all the dreaming, btw none of which has helped me stick with a ring or set, or combination for more than a few months. At first I wanted something simple, then I wanted something old, something modern, something flashy, substantial, something petite, something Leon, something WF, something Juan, good grief. I''m literally almost the point that I can make decison on "the ring."

Did I mention I''ve been married 2 1/2 years now! I keep going back to w-ring number 4, a platinum, 1920''s prong set eterntiy ring with 23 single cut diamonds ~ 1.03cts, very clear, very white, very sparkly. I love it. After drooling over all the eternity ring sets I decided to find a matching ring to mine, no easy task either but I think I may have a winner. It appears to be a very close match except that it has full cut diamonds and a slightly higher diamond weight at 1.15 ct from the 1950''s. (on ebay of all places)

I should get it in a few days then I''ll take it to the jeweler and we''ll decide which ring gets modified to hold the head and the larger diamond. I know marquises are not in favor currently but I also keep going back to them as they are less and less common. Since my rings are old and I love the look of old stones with some color I was lucky enough to land my hands on a light yellow, very nice shape and brillance uncerted stone. It was just a gut feeling on this one that worked out. I completely intend to have a leon, ritani inspired type halo ring made eventually but I want to enjoy this one for as long as it lasts, hehe.

I don''t have picture of everything yet but you''ll get the idea if you''ve followed along this far.
Here''s a picture of the eternity ring I''m waiting for.

Oh yeah, the diamond

1.36 S/vs marquise
10.8 x 5.6

eband2.jpg

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry those are huge, they''re also from the ebay seller melanypino if anyone is interested. I read good things about her except she does not except returns.

Bratz_615

Rough_Rock
What an interesting band... I absolutely love it!
Good pics too!!!
30.gif
30.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both. The pics are from the seller, nice details. The profile design is not so prominate in person and they''re fairly dainty from the top. I hate to modify one with adding the head for the diamond but I can''t come up with a better way to do it. I don''t really want to wear three rings, as it is the two together will be 6mm.

Which would you sacrifice, the older single cut stones or the full cut stones?. I''m guessing about two stones from either band will have to be removed to accomodate the head.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results