shape
carat
color
clarity

A *forever* home for my vintage RB thanks to IDJ!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl, so glad to hear you are doing well. What a strong woman you are! Continued good health and healing vibes coming your way!

Now please do tell more about that beautiful new Gabriel & Co setting? It is so gorgeous on you! And HUGE!!! Were you able to try it on ahead of purchasing the setting? Does IDJ have many of their settings in house?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A perfectly beautiful ring and earrings for a beautiful lady! Sounds like you've been almost to the end and back - who could deny you anything? So heartwarming to know that you have a terrific husband that loves you enough to take excellent care of you and buys you beautiful things - just love that!

I too remember Mariposa's journey and it's so appreciated to hear and remember her.

On to the new necklace and new wedding reset! I truly think you picked a winner of a setting for the original stone and I'm not always a halo fan. Yours fits with that stone so well and I love the addition of the sidestones.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Gem girl! I love the jewels! All of your choices are so beautiful. Congratulations and wear them in good health, your story is so touching and inspiring.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations - such a lovely reset! In fact, all of your jewelry is beautiful and very tasteful, so complimentary to one another. :bigsmile:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
You are really strong and that I love that you manage to did all these through the help of IDJ. Brilliant and take care.
The diamond is perfect.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1359845855|3370751 said:
Enerchi|1359831998|3370612 said:
gemgirl|1359831734|3370610 said:
Enerchi|1359830909|3370600 said:
They look awesome on your ears!!! Wonderful collection - thank you for sharing your jewels!

LOL! Just wait until next month. It will be my birthday. And I happened to spy something absolutely lovely on Julia's neck (Yekutiel's Mom) when I was there in December and I thought.....hmmmm, I DO have a birthday around the corner. Hers was a 2 ct. circle pendant with a gallery that is unique to IDJ. The gallery is a beautiful scallop. So while Luann is up to her ears in paperwork, taking the orders and filling the envelopes with all of the stuff for my new e-ring and earring jackets, I ask to see Julia's pendant..... Ohbaby! Can I have one? I ask? Well, we do have the one in the window that's a one carat. Oh let me see, I say. I take a look and of course, the damned thing is gorgeous! So cha-ching! Let's start another envelope! AND...... you're going to laugh...... when I was there a few weeks ago picking all of this up, I ask to see my pendant. Beautiful. Yes. But isn't it really a LOT smaller than Julia's? Well yes, Luann says. Hers is twice as big. Oh nonono! Don't you have one in between, say.... a carat and a half? No, not in stock right now, but we *can* have it made for you. And so..... in a month or so, I will be picking up my 1.5 ct. circle pendant with the I.D. scalloped under gallery. :bigsmile:

And we're resetting my real wedding set later this year, as a combo fifteenth anniversary and Christmas gift. A whole HEAP of trouble!!!!!!
Holy cow!! That does sound like a fantastic year ahead!! I'm jealous!! Can't wait to see the new necklace!
Criminy, you're keeping them in business!!!

But I'd say it's well worth it. You've had a hell of a year.

I don't know that I'm keeping them in business, but I'd sure like to give that thought an honest try!!! No, you know what the truth is? They are a family of really lovely, honest people, who know their business inside and out, who treat their customers (especially Psers) like we are family too. I actually *enjoy* being there!

Now Miss Bliss...... *she's* helping to keep them in business! Hey Bliss <<<wavewavewave>>> LOL!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
04diamond<3|1359852540|3370814 said:
May I first say that you are such a trooper. Big hugs and prayers your way. I have always loved that gem in your avatar and now your blingy new 3 stone!! IDJ really did do a fantastic job with all your new bling! Congrats on every level :appl: :appl: :appl:

I have a beautiful Gabriel & Co. mounting all picked out for that Tanzi from Gene. It's on my "to do" list as soon as I get through a few other projects first. IDJ is setting a pair of CS dangle earrings for me and making me a halo-ed pendant of my Barry pink tourmy. I'm *always* in trouble....... ;-)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1359857129|3370838 said:
Gemgirl, so glad to hear you are doing well. What a strong woman you are! Continued good health and healing vibes coming your way!

Now please do tell more about that beautiful new Gabriel & Co setting? It is so gorgeous on you! And HUGE!!! Were you able to try it on ahead of purchasing the setting? Does IDJ have many of their settings in house?

Thank you so much for the good wishes!

Gabriel & Co. makes this setting in five different sizes that I know of, starting with the smallest halo for a half carat center and up from there. Mine is for a 7mm stone and has .60 pts. of lovely F/G SI melee in it. IDJ does have some of G&Co.'s settings in house for ladies to try on. Luann had the one carat/6.5 mm size for me to try on when I was there. G&Co. will make anything to order. Mine took 2 1/2 wks. to get but it went very quickly!

This is my setting: http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER6992W44JJ
but you can go through the G&Co. website and choose anything you want and Yekutiel or Luann will get a sample of it for you asap.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cushioncutnut|1359851913|3370807 said:
you got me out of lurking mode! All your pieces are stunning! I pray that you wear them in a great health! YOu so deserve it! Take that you stupid cancer!!!!!!

Oh my sweet sapphire friend, thank you so much for de-lurking and thank you for the good wishes. You *know* I couldn't have gotten through all this *stuff* without you and our circle of wonderful PS ladies! You guys ARE priceless! Love you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are doing well! I, too, remember and miss Mariposa. :((

The new setting is just beautiful and so are the jackets! :appl: (I cannot believe that person took your family heirlooms, though! Was there any way to report them for stealing?)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! We simply must have a family picture of all your lovelies when you have a chance. Sounds like an incredible collection!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

mimi123

Rough_Rock
gemgirl I have to say I feel you have a terrific (healthy) outlook especially given that a family member robbed you of your heirlooms :angryfire: I don't know if I could or would forgive that. On a brighter note what a collection! I don't always love a halo on a mrb, but in this case, I do! And I think your diamond jackets are the best! Let's see if I can wrangle something here - ummm, I have a pair of black diamond jackets - Wanna trade?? 8-)

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Gemgirl congratulations on your gorgeous re-set and on your health!! That's the first halo/3-stone combo I've seen and it really is beautiful. Your studs w/ the jackets are unique as well, and I have a feeling that you have one AMAZING collection of goodies!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl- gorgeous reset :love: and all your new bling is just beautiful! I really love your halo 3 stone-so unique!

I am so happy to hear you beat the (pre)cancer and that you are doing well!! I remember Mariposa and still feel so sad when I think of her and what she endured. :((

Enjoy all of your gorgeous gorgeous bling in good health always!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love your new setting gemgirl, that halo is absolutely stunning!!! :love: Your gorgeous ring is making me think I really need to add a halo to my very limited jewelry collection! I adore your earring jackets too, they truly look perfect on you!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1360029645|3372388 said:
I really love your new setting gemgirl, that halo is absolutely stunning!!! :love: Your gorgeous ring is making me think I really need to add a halo to my very limited jewelry collection! I adore your earring jackets too, they truly look perfect on you!

You know, I wouldn't have believed it myself, what a difference a halo can make. I was so dissatisfied with the look of that round diamond in the solitaire mounting that I seriously considered selling it and starting over. This halo does something to detract from the body color of that J. The solitaire mounting brought out the yellowish tinge.

I can't wait to reset my actual wedding set, my pear. (My original mounting is kind of dated) She's going to look drop dead gorgeous with a face lift!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mimi123|1359988131|3371854 said:
gemgirl I have to say I feel you have a terrific (healthy) outlook especially given that a family member robbed you of your heirlooms :angryfire: I don't know if I could or would forgive that. On a brighter note what a collection! I don't always love a halo on a mrb, but in this case, I do! And I think your diamond jackets are the best! Let's see if I can wrangle something here - ummm, I have a pair of black diamond jackets - Wanna trade?? 8-)

mimi, you're so adorable and thank you for your kind words. Having everything taken from my mother after I took care of her for thirty years was quite a shock, to be very honest. But this person waited until my mother was years into dementia and then legally had my mom sign everything over to her. My mother was frankly conned. It IS hard to forgive but I am working on that everyday, and when I hear my husband remind me that "I cheated death twice in the last three years", well ....... then "things" don't look very important when compared to "life"! That's how I'm getting through this.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roxy|1360025231|3372327 said:
Gemgirl congratulations on your gorgeous re-set and on your health!! That's the first halo/3-stone combo I've seen and it really is beautiful. Your studs w/ the jackets are unique as well, and I have a feeling that you have one AMAZING collection of goodies!!

I'm very lucky in that I've always been a good squirrel who was disciplined enough to save her *nuts* many times over the last twenty something years for things that I wanted. I look at it all and sometimes think "whoa!". I know a lot of people have asked me over my ten yrs. on Pricescope to post pictures of my collection, but in good conscience, I can't. It would be way too much for a public board. But it's definitely been fun! A hell of a lot of fun!

Many many years ago, a lovely lady on PS posted a pic of her new e-ring and it was a novel ring by Tacori that had a halo of smaller stones that partially tucked under the center stone and then a small side stone on either side. That idea stayed with me and when I was browsing through the G&Co. website before I went to IDJ, I knew I wanted a halo that had bigger stones than what we usually see (half pointers and one pointers) especially since I fell in love with a ring that Yekutiel had on his pointer finger when he was showing a young man e-rings to choose from. That ring was an H. Daussi and the halo was made up of five pointers. I was IN LOVE! Instantly in love....... My husband was with me that day at ID, helping me choose a pair of small, fully pave'd huggy hoops for my Christmas prezzie two years ago. I looked at my husband, then looked at Yekutiel and said quietly "we'll talk about resetting my wedding set the next time I come in", and my hubby, doing his normal "she's killing me thing LOL"! rolled his eyes. Sooooooo, I like halos with bigger stones. The melee in this ring's halo are .025 pts. each (maybe even a tad more) but my pear will be getting bigger ones :). I'm going to dig up that Tacori pic and post it.

tacori_2623rdmd_multi.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
First off i'm so sorry that your family jewellery was stolen. I know you, and I know that your faith and your recovery are far more important than material items, but still... I am appalled at this person. Couldn't you have reported them to the police for what they did? Surely your mother wasn't in a fit state mentally to sign anything legally binding?

Now thats said lets talk about your new jewellery! I love the ring! Its perfectly beautiful and looks gorgeous on your hand! And the jackets are fabulous too. I am looking forward to seeing your new necklace too! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1360084109|3372823 said:
First off i'm so sorry that your family jewellery was stolen. I know you, and I know that your faith and your recovery are far more important than material items, but still... I am appalled at this person. Couldn't you have reported them to the police for what they did? Surely your mother wasn't in a fit state mentally to sign anything legally binding?

Now thats said lets talk about your new jewellery! I love the ring! Its perfectly beautiful and looks gorgeous on your hand! And the jackets are fabulous too. I am looking forward to seeing your new necklace too! :appl:

You're right. I could have gone after this person legally but this person befriended/buttered up an attorney through her occupation that would have made it possible for her to stay in a prolonged legal battle for free or for little money and it would have wiped me out financially and emotionally. For me, it's better to leave the situation to God and karma (both of whom make all things right). This person also cleaned out a safe deposit box I had years ago. Thank God it was a newish box and I hadn't filled it yet.

I think I'll have my necklace within the month!

jillts

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely beautiful!! I gasped when I saw that pic. :love:

I'm new here but after reading this I wanted to pop in and wish you continued good health. You have been through a lot and I know these beauties of yours will help add a twinkle to your days. My father battled CC and last year I battled breast cancer myself. Diamonds do help. Ha!

I also wanted to let you know that your five stone ring was the inspiration for my new five stone that I had made this month for my five year anniversary. There are so many amazing pics and photos here but I absolutely fell in love with your ring pics (and they got me into a bit of trouble, actually). I noticed later that the day you received your ring (or the day you posted pics) was on our actual wedding day of 4-5-08. That was an old post but I keep dragging it up. Anyway, I thought that was quite a coincidence!

Cheers and enjoy all those gorgeous pieces!

NanWard

Rough_Rock
Love the story, I had the same experience you had, it was painful.i am trying to replace every things that wear stolen.,became to be a person obsessive with jewelry.

I love your ring, I think it is gorgeous, very beautiful. Love it.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jillts|1366691249|3432722 said:
Your ring is absolutely beautiful!! I gasped when I saw that pic. :love:

I'm new here but after reading this I wanted to pop in and wish you continued good health. You have been through a lot and I know these beauties of yours will help add a twinkle to your days. My father battled CC and last year I battled breast cancer myself. Diamonds do help. Ha!

I also wanted to let you know that your five stone ring was the inspiration for my new five stone that I had made this month for my five year anniversary. There are so many amazing pics and photos here but I absolutely fell in love with your ring pics (and they got me into a bit of trouble, actually). I noticed later that the day you received your ring (or the day you posted pics) was on our actual wedding day of 4-5-08. That was an old post but I keep dragging it up. Anyway, I thought that was quite a coincidence!

Cheers and enjoy all those gorgeous pieces!

Thank you for the good wishes. I am so sorry that your Dad had to deal with CC and that you yourself, waged your own war against the breast cancer beast. I hope you're OK now. These frightening situations tend to turn us into warriors. Health/medical warriors. Prayer warriors. Positive thinking warriors. A bit of a silver lining of sorts. Stronger people.

Oh my, what a very sweet compliment on my ring! I can't believe that it's already five years since I made my five stone. That was for our tenth wedding anniversary and I still *love* my ring. In a week, we'll be celebrating our fifteenth! It's so hard to believe. Time sure flies by quickly. My plan is to begin work in earnest on my original wedding set reset, but that will have to wait until I go for my annual tests, scopes and (hopefully not) scans. We're keeping our fingers crossed that everything will still be fine (we're praying very hard because I had a complication a while ago), and I will celebrate by bringing my pear e-ring to Yekutiel to start the conversation with the Daussi people about my halo.

Have you started a thread for your five stone? I'd love to see it!

This is the old linky to my five stone anniversary prezzie if anyone would like to see it-
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-baby-has-arrived.82495/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-baby-has-arrived.82495/[/URL]

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NanWard|1367056330|3435521 said:
Love the story, I had the same experience you had, it was painful.i am trying to replace every things that wear stolen.,became to be a person obsessive with jewelry.

I love your ring, I think it is gorgeous, very beautiful. Love it.

Nan, I'm really sorry that you had that happen to you too. It was extremely hard for me to deal with. It's really not something that I can talk about in a public forum because it hurt too much. You just have to find a way, in time, to move on and past it.

Thanks for the compliments on my ring, and if you ever want help shopping and choosing new things, you know just where to come and who to ask! ;))

jillts

Rough_Rock
gemgirl|1367072269|3435594 said:

Ummm, yes, I've seen this thread... as have my husband and my jeweler! :cheeky:

I received my ring last Saturday and I'm in heaven but I haven't started a thread because as of now I only have iphone pics. I haven't had time to do a real photo session yet but I did pop on this morning to possibly post a pic on the 5-stone thread.

I will say a prayer that your upcoming tests come out fine. I loved what you said... yes, we are warriers! My very very best to you.

slperan

Rough_Rock

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have so much respect for your story, beating the pre-cancer disease. You really deserve these beautiful jewelry pieces to help you celebrate life!
Your new set has just this WOW factor. It's sooooooo pretty. Love the pendant they are making for you as well.
What are the specs on the engraved ring? It is gorgeous in combination with the bling and gives that pretty vintage feel.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Love the new home for your RB, but honestly your engraved wedding band makes me want to SWOON!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the new setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results