shape
carat
color
clarity

A Different Kind of Bling-- Jessie Kuruc

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely fantastic idea! Great way to remember your diamond!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are just beautiful! I would love to have one of my OEC!

Pink Floyd can find a new home...

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually really love this. I wonder if she does the setting too. It looks spectacular!

Eauphelia

Rough_Rock
I follow her on Insta and it seems like she does do settings too!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1459947403|4016106 said:
Sphene|1459928962|4016052 said:
madelise|1459865952|4015658 said:
Sphene|1459840428|4015583 said:
It doesn't seem in proportion and couldn't it be any old diamond - up close and personal photographs of the actual facets would be a better investment IMO

You're rude. They aren't of "any" diamond. They ARE of my diamond. The proportions may not be exact, but you go find the million "any other diamonds" with a facet pattern like mine.

So on this site your only allowed to so googoo eyed over everything - wow insular thinking

This is SMTB, not insult the art I just voluntarily paid for because you deemed it isn't a good "investment". How sad of you. Do you walk around judging everyone's purchases? Then way of thinking?

You must be so darn happy with your own life.

It is irrelevant whether I am happy or unhappy lol I was referring to "artistic investment" I felt the watercolors did not sufficiently capture the reality of your diamonds that up close and personal photographs of the facets would more intensely capture their truth.

I was judging the merits of your art work not you. Art is very subjective beauty is aonly ever in the eye of the beholder

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sphene|1460011120|4016490 said:
madelise|1459947403|4016106 said:
Sphene|1459928962|4016052 said:
madelise|1459865952|4015658 said:
Sphene|1459840428|4015583 said:
It doesn't seem in proportion and couldn't it be any old diamond - up close and personal photographs of the actual facets would be a better investment IMO

You're rude. They aren't of "any" diamond. They ARE of my diamond. The proportions may not be exact, but you go find the million "any other diamonds" with a facet pattern like mine.

So on this site your only allowed to so googoo eyed over everything - wow insular thinking

This is SMTB, not insult the art I just voluntarily paid for because you deemed it isn't a good "investment". How sad of you. Do you walk around judging everyone's purchases? Then way of thinking?

You must be so darn happy with your own life.

It is irrelevant whether I am happy or unhappy lol I was referring to "artistic investment" I felt the watercolors did not sufficiently capture the reality of your diamonds that up close and personal photographs of the facets would more intensely capture their truth.

I was judging the merits of your art work not you. Art is very subjective beauty is aonly ever in the eye of the beholder

Absolutely agree. Op I don't think sphene's first post was rude at all, you seemed to take it very personally. Not everyone will like what you like and it IS ok for them to say so, this is what Internet forums are about; sharing your opinion. I didn't think it was shared in a rude way and just because someone thinks it wasn't worth it shouldn't make you feel defensive or doubt your own thoughts about it.

I do personally like the sketches however when you put the sketches next to the actual pictures in my eyes it highlights just how 'lifeless' (???) The sketches are.

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
Wow, absolutely gorgeous. :love:

Please post another photo when they are framed and hanging on the wall.

My suggestion would be to hang them in a powder room. I think the smaller scale of a powder room would be beautiful and all your guests would see them!

Edited to add: I don't want to get in a pissing match but I think SMTB thread is one place where you either gush or say nothing.
Rocky Talky is for opinions WHEN ASKED. I do think it was rude to post an opinion in SMTB especially when the poster is sharing her excitment and not asking for opinions. Peace.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh well I defo didn't know that unwritten rule about only gushing in here, it does put a different perspective on things

That's the problem with unwritten rules, if it's not fact not everyone will pick up on it! And those that do pick it up...will do so at different rates.

Maybe this should become a written rule...a rules a rule whther written or not especially if it's enforced.

I hate rules.

Upon furthur thoughts, I would prefer people just take critical comments with a bit of maturity (just say 'ok' and leaving it at that wouldn't have generated so many furthur posts to the 'critical' one) rather then trying to gag people.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That particular poster has posted very rude comments multiple times in the past. I don't need to react in any other way than how I want to react. I'm ignoring said poster from now on. I think he/she feeds off of being rude. Don't feed the troll.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just found out she will be selling prints of my stones at some event this weekend. I'm excited to hear my stones are pretty enough for people to want to hang in their own homes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise, I LOVE these works of art and it is a gorgeous complement to your GORGEOUS bling! :love: :love: :love:
And I am not surprised people want prints of your bling. All your diamonds are :love: :love: :love:
Just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing these with us. :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1460119492|4016913 said:
Just found out she will be selling prints of my stones at some event this weekend. I'm excited to hear my stones are pretty enough for people to want to hang in their own homes.

Are you getting a cut? :bigsmile:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel|1460101599|4016869 said:
Oh well I defo didn't know that unwritten rule about only gushing in here, it does put a different perspective on things

That's the problem with unwritten rules, if it's not fact not everyone will pick up on it! And those that do pick it up...will do so at different rates.

Maybe this should become a written rule...a rules a rule whther written or not especially if it's enforced.

I hate rules.

Upon furthur thoughts, I would prefer people just take critical comments with a bit of maturity (just say 'ok' and leaving it at that wouldn't have generated so many furthur posts to the 'critical' one) rather then trying to gag people.

Here is the "Community Agreement" that we all signed to...see bottom of your account page.

I agree to help and respect each other, stay positive, considerate, and supportive.
I agree to not participate in rudeness, personal attacks, or any unethical behavior
I agree to not sell things, shill or post ads, promotions or spam.
I agree to respect moderators: they're in charge to remove any post or cancel any membership as they see fit.
I agree to not post any private information including emails, personal pages, and usernames or IMs from other sites.
I agree not to post about cubic zirconia (CZ), moissanite, and any other diamond simulants.

Here is the definition of the SMTB forum...

Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)
Brag shamelessly about your Bling, engagement, anniversary or any other ring here. Pictures are mandatory! No simulants please - only genuine gemstones. No Pearls either.

While I do understand that ALL the above is open to interpretation, I* feel like when you combine the two, the gist of
the SMTB forum is pretty clear. If posters want helpful opinions on something they bought, or might buy, they should post in the
Rocky Talk forum. Some posters do post in the SMTB forum and ASK for specific opinions which sort of blurs the fine line.

While I have no intentions of being a net-nanny (really :)) ), it's just plain hurtful when a newly engaged person comes on this forum to show off their engagement ring and gets negative comments about something that is sooo emotional. OK, gettin' off my soap-box.
I hope this post helps to clarify things and is taken in the spirit is was intended (helpful). :wavey:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1460120198|4016920 said:
Madelise, I LOVE these works of art and it is a gorgeous complement to your GORGEOUS bling! :love: :love: :love:
And I am not surprised people want prints of your bling. All your diamonds are :love: :love: :love:
Just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing these with us. :appl:

:wavey: hi missy! Always good to "see you" on PS! Thank you!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
charleston1|1460064641|4016702 said:
Wow, absolutely gorgeous. :love:

Please post another photo when they are framed and hanging on the wall.

My suggestion would be to hang them in a powder room. I think the smaller scale of a powder room would be beautiful and all your guests would see them!

Edited to add: I don't want to get in a pissing match but I think SMTB thread is one place where you either gush or say nothing.
Rocky Talky is for opinions WHEN ASKED. I do think it was rude to post an opinion in SMTB especially when the poster is sharing her excitment and not asking for opinions. Peace.

The guest bathroom would be where guests can see it, but then *I* would rarely see it :( and I rarely have guests over.

I really think I'm going to be moving the Pink Floyd hahaha! Poor fiancé. He thinks he said no to me. The living room would be a place I see daily and guests would congregate at. We're getting a new couch soon that is those "L" shaped sectionals to replace a couch my engagement ring tore up (OOPS!) so the living room can benefit from a face lift!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1460123806|4016932 said:
madelise|1460119492|4016913 said:

Are you getting a cut? :bigsmile:

Hahaa! I would forgo the cut to keep current prices (I'm sure she'll demand more as she gets busier, as they all do), and maybe a permanent spot on the front page of her wait list :naughty: I thought her ring drawings would make wonderful bridal shower or engagement gifts for girlfriends.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1460119233|4016911 said:
That particular poster has posted very rude comments multiple times in the past. I don't need to react in any other way than how I want to react. I'm ignoring said poster from now on. I think he/she feeds off of being rude. Don't feed the troll.

Apart from expressing the opinion that Jessie Kurucs art work did not do justice to the beauty of your diamonds my 607 posts contain no rudeness whatsoever which any PSer can read and observe for themselves, in fact many PSers I have thanked me for my kind, praising and helpful comments.

Moderators if you deem my posts rude or offensive in any shape or form please remove me from the site as I now feel I have time travelled back 50 years to the school playground. At my age I never imagined I would be called a troll, in my day that would have een a hairy beast who lived under a bridge. Thats given me a chuckle So thank you "Madelise" for brightening my day.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I adore the finished product! I hope you share how you frame and mount them - I look forward to seeing it! I did contact her and she is completely sweet and affordable, so I'm now on the waiting list. :naughty:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love this. So excited that you posted your treasure madelise. It's lovely.
This is such a cool idea and so unusual.

This inspired me. I draw and have been looking for something I love enough to draw.
I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1460207897|4017221 said:
I love this. So excited that you posted your treasure madelise. It's lovely.
This is such a cool idea and so unusual.

This inspired me. I draw and have been looking for something I love enough to draw.
I know what I'll be doing this afternoon.

Post pics, post pics!!!! :appl:

ihy138 said:
I adore the finished product! I hope you share how you frame and mount them - I look forward to seeing it! I did contact her and she is completely sweet and affordable, so I'm now on the waiting list. :naughty:

Yay!! Just curious how long the wait is now?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise,

I love your new art! Absolutely beautiful! :love:

I've never seen a piece of art (painting, sketch, etc.) of just a diamond. Its a wonderful idea and the artist, Jessie Kuruc, has done a gorgeous job! Using watercolours as a medium can give such a dreamy, timeless quality. And I love the simplicity of the diamond as the sole subject, which puts the focus on the shape and cut of each diamond.

I'm not surprised that Jessie Kuruc has wisely chosen to produce prints of this work. I have no doubt that the prints will appeal to a much wider audience than you might expect; certainly broader than as engagement or bridal gifts.

Add my voice to those who want to see these mounted, framed and hanging all together in a high traffic area where you'll see them everyday!

All three of the actual diamonds are yours! Wow! You have an amazing collection of diamonds and great taste!

Thanks for sharing with us!

:wavey:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ihy138 said:

Yay!! Just curious how long the wait is now?[/quote]

She quoted me about two months - well worth the wait if you ask me! I will just be staring at yours until then. :love:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CravingDiamonds|1460137302|4017019 said:
madelise|1459795028|4015326 said:
Actual photo:
screen_shot_2016-01-03_at_1.png
Love this!

That stone is absolutely to die for! I wish the drawing included the sparkle of the stone... then it would be great enough to eat :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be one little expensive appetizer! :lickout:

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
What a great idea! So pretty.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so want to be on her waiting list.... I would love to have two of these of my diamonds.... Super fabulous! Loved that you shared.. it's a different way to appreciate our baubles!!! :appl: :love: :love: :love:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She had prints available yesterday on Etsy and I bought the OEC - I think it's your stone! I can't wait to get it.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love these! I am especially fond of the colored stones. How lovely. I do wedding gown sketches (for love, not money!)- so naturally I love these sort of mementos. I would've never thought to paint a stone! Love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results