shape
carat
color
clarity

A Collection of Halos

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Winks_Elf » 24 Aug 2011 10:00
I lost my 1.61 carat round back in 2003, when I was newly pregnant with #3 and suffering from pregnancy brain. I never replaced it until now. After years of drooling over the Crafted By Infinity ideal cuts, I'm the proud owner of a .67 carat, I color SI1 clarity diamond set into a Vatche "Grace" halo. I know it's no where near as big as some of the incredible diamonds we all like to drool over here, but it's mine and I love it. I wanted something low set so that I can wear it comfortably every day, and this fits the bill perfectly. Finger size is 6.75, and the ring is between a 6.75 and a 7 since my fingers swell in the summer.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/finally-my-own-high-performance-diamond-t164760.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/finally-my-own-high-performance-diamond-t164760.html[/URL]

Attachments

• winks.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 55,683

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumping for more!!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
APbody1224 » 15 Nov 2011 13:18
I finally proposed this past weekend in Central Park and wanted to share pictures of my fiance's ring by Mark from ERD. The setting is the Emily and diamond is .90 ct OMB cushion (specs in previous post). My fiancé has been enjoying all the complements and cannot stop staring at her hand. Thanks again to Mark and Engagement Rings Direct.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-cushion-search.165573/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-cushion-search.165573/[/URL]

Pics are from my Iphone so not the best quality.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-omb-cushion-halo-by-erd.168278/#post-3063308']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-omb-cushion-halo-by-erd.168278/#post-3063308[/URL]

Attachments

• apbody.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 75,137

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsBettyBoop » 18 Nov 2011 10:36
I am the extremely proud new owner of Frankie’s previously loved SK halo! I may never have sprung for it if I hadn’t seen it here first. I have experienced many rings in person since finding PS, quite a few “designer” rings as well… I have never seen anything like this before. I can never go back. Never. The smile I’m wearing now is priceless, or so DH says. So, about 10 years from now o_O when I get that 3ct honker… He’ll call up Steven (I want this same setting again!)

I received this masterpiece and shipped it off to SK for setting and resizing. He was so gracious and happy to help. I wouldn’t trust anyone else to take care of this baby. He fixed it up brand new for me! He took very special care of it… and FAST too! Seriously fast.

Next thing I know, Boom! FedEx is at my door. My 3 y/o DD hovered over me while I opened up the box. I took one look and fell out on the floor. DD says, “What happened Mommy?” I showed her the ring and she put her little hands on either side of her face and said, “Wow, that’s an AMAZING sparkly!!” Seriously, from the mouth of babies… they don’t lie. Then she gently fell out on the floor right beside me. We laid in awe for a minute to take it all in and then we had a DANCE PARTY!

JbEG sourced the diamond: 2.03 GIA L SI1 OEC. Grace was so awesome to work with. She helped me find a dream stone. Her connections and good eye are priceless.

And a big ‘ol Thank You PS for the ...r so perfectly for me, as fate would have it.

betty.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor » 19 Nov 2011 12:26 Though I've posted photos I've not introduced my baby properly. This is Gypsy Rose, made for me by Diamonds by Lauren for my 10th wedding anniversary. I'm in love!

center stone specs per GIA cert:
Pear Shape Diamond, Loose

WEIGHT: 0.76ct
SHAPE: Pear Shape
COLOR: M
CLARITY: SI2
MEASUREMENTS: 7.83 x 5.34 x 3.04 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 56.9%
TABLE SIZE: 60%
POLISH: VG
SYMMETRY: VG
FLUORESCENCE: MEDIUM BLUE

she's set in an 18k rose gold ring with a platinum halo. The melee is F-G VS. I LOVE the contrast between the white diamonds in the halo and the buttery warmth of the center stone. The diamond is a sparkler and just throws light around like it's going out of style. The setting is perfect and to die for. The 18k rose gold is subtly pink, and divine. The ring has suprise stones under the head on buttresses as well as on the sides of the shank, which flash at me all day long. This is my second DBL piece and I can't say enough good things about working with them.

Attachments

• mrstay.bmp
    224.1 KB · Views: 75,127

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
anne_h » 20 Nov 2011 21:51
Hi everyone,

Thanks to those who have followed my journey and expressed interest in seeing the finished product.

To recap - I did my stone hunt this spring, found one in early summer, Victor finished the ring ~July and I've been wearing it since. I've put off showing it here as I wanted time to do "proper" photos - but that's never seeming to happen so we finally just took some this weekend and are going with that!

This dream upgrade project was made possible by a great stock pick of DH's that (finally) paid off. So thanks P for that!!

My original e-ring stone was a 1.5ct modern cushion from ERD. Although I worked with a number of great PS vendors to try to find my OEC (shoutout to Grace of JbEG, Adam at OWD, SingleStone and Jon at GOG), in the end it was Mark again at ERD who pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat (for awhile it felt like I'd *never* find something).

Anyways! And then it was onto Victor Canera, whom I cannot recommend highly enough!! Not only was he so lovely to work with as a person and vendor, but he really knows his stuff, technically and artistically. The final product was delivered on time (pretty quick to boot!), and I found his pricing very reasonable, considering it's all custom and 100% hand-made & casting-free. I am a convert!!

So - forgive us for the pics, they did not turn out as nice as we'd hoped, we may do more later, but for now we are just too busy.

I am *loving* this ring. It's sparkly and gorgeous, and I love having an antique stone!

Oh, the stone stats for those interested:

3.92 ct
I SI2 (GIA)
~9.4mm x ~9.9mm
Shape: Roundish / cushion-y

Although "eye clean" to most people at 12", I can usually spot the white crystal inclusion under the table. Personally, this does not bother me, I really like this stone. I also like the Kozibe effect in the end (never used to think I would!)

To top it all off, Victor requested and was enthusiastically granted permission to name this halo split-shank style after me. So yes, on his website, you can now find the "Anne Marie" offering (!!) I was so tickled. I will be thrilled if/when another PSer ever orders this setting.

Oh yeah, I guess I should put the setting specs for those interested:

- 1.8mm halo
- 2.0mm shank (~1.6mm where it splits)
- Shallow u-cut pave
- Wire-based design (vs plate/tube)

The setting itself has ~0.87ct in it. So all together, the stone plus setting is a little under 5ct. I wear a size 4.5 ring.

One word of advice - I find having the ring wire-based makes it *feel* larger than 4.5 (slides up and down the finger so easily - so comfortable), so I will need to have it sized down a little at some point. Victor has strongly suggested laser welding, so I will have to go with that.

And without further ado, here is my ring!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-my-3-92ct-oec-victor-canera-split-shank-halo.168492/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-my-3-92ct-oec-victor-canera-split-shank-halo.168492/[/URL]

annemarie.jpg

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Here is my one and only halo - 20th anniversary gift. Just received it about a month ago

Custom-Halo-Pink-Sapphire-WG-2a.jpg

Custom-Halo-Pink-Sapphire-WGa.jpg

pink sapphire hand shot.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

iluvcarats|1257973135|2275664 said:
I didn''t see Lovey''s asscher in here. It''s an all time PS favorite
30.gif

Lovey's is one of my all time, I'd trade for it, favorites. Do we know what she got for a wedding band?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
warmfuzi » 14 Aug 2011 22:58
Because I've received so many great tips from others on this forum, I decided I had to give back and let everyone know about my new setting created for me by the great Steven Kirsch.

First of all, Steven was truly a pleasure to work with. He was professional, knowledgeable, and of course, quite charming! I went in looking for a halo for my round 1.56carat diamond similar to what others have had done on this forum. When I actually went a second time to drop off my ring, I had changed my mind and wanted a more complicated design. I discussed my changes with Steven, who instead of getting annoyed by my changes, was very excited about them! For about an hour, we discussed in detail exactly what he could do. Basically, I asked for petals (made of marquis diamonds) to be incorporated into the design and that would visible from the side. Steven went one step further and said he would outline the marquis petals with melee!

The final product is a work of art--it is so perfect!

I would highly recommend Steven Kirsch to anyone looking for something that only an artist and master craftsman can create!https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-steven-kirsch-creation.164351/

Attachments

• warm.bmp
    718.2 KB · Views: 75,042

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
I Luv my halo! Sometimes I catch my fiance checking it out instead of listening to me LOL

IMG01063-20111212-1100.jpg

IMG01017-20111122-1800.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
LoveMeDo » 07 Dec 2011 16:20
Hi everyone! I decided to take my RB center stone from its original 3-stone setting and reset it into a cushion halo for our 5 year anniversary. My tastes have changed, and I never really "took" to my original setting. Since I know that there are a lot of halo lovers here, I wanted to share some pics and also get some advice. First, the pics!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-halo-reveal-need-advice.169178/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-halo-reveal-need-advice.169178/[/URL]

Attachments

• lovemedo.bmp
    798.8 KB · Views: 74,909

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
eh613c » December 11th, 2011, 12:54 am
Hello,

I'm a long time lurker and this is my first time posting about my ring. Several months ago, my husband agreed to have my e-ring reset. So everyday, I would look at rings after rings in this forum to get some inspiration. Finally, I found one that spoke to me and it was Frankiextah's ring. Thanks to Frankie's detailed posts (stats, comparisons, etc), it led me to know what I want. Also thanks to all the PSers who raved about Victor's work and craftsmanship, it gave me the confidence to pull the trigger. So I contacted Victor via his website and I received a quote within 10 minutes.

Victor was beyond amazing. He was very attentive to my needs, detail oriented and knowledgeable. He was also gracious enough to allow me to bring my 2 sons (3 y/o and 7 mos) in his office when I picked up my ring. When I saw the finished product, I was so excited and giddy inside (obviously I had to keep my composure as not to embarass myself). After I picked up the ring, the boys and I went to my huband's office (which is a couple of miles away) to show him the ring. Not only did my husband want to see it but he wanted to show his co-workers the ring. Needless to say, he LOVED the ring. I think he was more excited than me because that night he just kept looking at it with a smile.

I love love love my new ring. I love the simplicity, daintyness and of course the finger coverage.

And Victor, if you're reading this...thank you! You made my year!

My ring stat:

Centerstone: 1.03 ct RB, E, VVS1
Melee: F-G, VS+
Size: 4.75

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-victor-canera-emilya-ring.169314/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-victor-canera-emilya-ring.169314/[/URL]

Attachments

• eh.bmp
    441.1 KB · Views: 74,876

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit » 09 Dec 2011 18:54
As you may remember, a few months ago I took advantage of the PS preloved forum and managed to snag a gorgeous 3.24ct. pink tourmaline from FrekeChild with the intention of turning it into my new right hand ring.

I shipped the stone off to the wonderful Brian Gavin and had the pleasure of working with Jamie again on this project. She sent me these glamour shots today and I am so in love!!! Brian outdid himself again! The ring is absolute perfection and I cannot wait to get it on my hand to stare at all day long. However, since this is my anniversary present, hubby says that I cannot have it until then (February), so you will have to wait for the hand shots.

Without further adieu, I present to you -- "Pinky"! (Yes, I named her! LOL)
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/glamour-shots-of-my-bgd-pink-tourmaline.169270/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/glamour-shots-of-my-bgd-pink-tourmaline.169270/[/URL]

lilmisfit.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• mikeny.bmp
    819.2 KB · Views: 74,890

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
J_Rock » 13 Dec 2011 10:40
So here are some specs on the ring:

Single-Cut vs Full Cut
- Single cut, 1.4mm

Going into this project, I knew I wanted single-cut stones because of what I read and saw here on Pricescope. However, when I asked Victor what he thought had more fire, he recommended full cut. I was confused because it conflicted with everything I learned about on here. I asked Victor to send me one of each stone in the size that would be on shank so I could evaluate the cuts in different lighting and determine which one I liked best.

I put together an apparatus to evaluate light-performance side by side. I used the bottom of a Styrofoam cup and created seats to hold the diamonds. This allowed me to view the diamonds face up next to each in the same angle. This was a lot of fun to do in the bathroom lighting. My immediate observation is that the full cut gives you a lot of fast, tiny, glittery sparkles, but not a lot of bold fire. Rotating the cup slightly, my eyes are attracted by the activity on the full cut, but once you rotate and tilt, the fire from the single cut outperforms the pin sparkles of the full cut. The other thing I noticed is that the full cut stone went black when I brought it outside. This didnt happen with the single cut. In the meantime, I did go back and forth between single and full, because I struggled making up my mind about what type of effect I wanted: fast and glittery sparkles, or slow, bold rainbow flashes. In the end, it was the single cut that won and I am so glad I chose single cut. They are worth the premium. Vanessa told me that she trusted my judgment on this.

Halo
- Flower shaped halo
- Tilted 25 degrees to give the halo more depth and organic look
- Shallow u-cut pave

The halo is the focal point and Victor executed this flawlessly. Of the rings I have seen, almost all floral rings are done with round brilliants or round OECs. I took a leap of faith by attempting to design this ring around a square cushion. I got the idea of tilting the halo from Frankie's posts and some info I gathered from JBeG's site. The tilting really compliments the high crown angle of the stone. I was really intrigued by how he was going to give the petals the rounded look I requested and I was very pleased with the use of different sized melee. Very little metal is shown on the halo, and on the ring in general. When I first contacted Victor, I requested fishtail pave, but then changed it because he recommended u-cut and also because I had never seen fishtail on a 3-row pave ring, and I wanted the same type of pave on all parts of the ring. I really like the u-cut, its elegant and doesn't take away from the profile of the ring.

Stems/Doughnut
- Curved stems
- Pave on stems and doughnut

I requested curved stems to compliment the floral theme and I love the way this part of the ring turned out. I initially didn't want a doughnut, but Vanessa insisted on this. The trade-off is that I don't think she will be able to wear a wedding band next to this ring.

Shank
- 2.6mm
- Pave stops at 5 and 7 o'clock
- Shallow u-cut pave

Vanessa and I have been to a lot of jewelry stores this year and the one thing we both agreed on was that we wanted the shank to be more substantial than your typical 2mm. I think the shank on this ring looks phenomenal and doesn't overpower the halo/center stone. Victor recommended not to go thicker than 2.4mm, but he agreed to make it 2.6mm. i am glad I stuck to my guts. We saw rings that were ~3.5mm that had 5-row pave, so I kinda knew what I was getting into with this width.

Metal
- 18K yellow gold

Because the theme of this ring is a mix of vintage and floral, I wanted to do something different from the platinum look. Victor told from me from the very beginning that he didn't recommend gold for various reasons, and I had this same conversation with several jewelers, but Vanessa and I love the way yellow gold looks on our skin. We plan to have our rings matching in the same metal, so platinum/white gold weren't an option for us here. Given that, I do understand that this ring will require even more delicate handling because of the fact the gold wears away over time. I plan to only soak the ring in a mild solution and steam clean. Victor recommended that brushing the pave with a toothbrush should only happen a couple of times a year. I don't think I am going to brush the pave at all.

Center Stone
- 1.524ct AVC
- K color
- SI2
- 1.018 ratio
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8213/

The key to this ring was my selection of the center stone. I fell in love with AVCs through Pricescope and I spent months watching those videos on Vimeo. I decided the pull the trigger on the stone back in April once I noticed that prices were climbing daily. I am SOOOOOO glad I made that decision when I did, because GOG hasnt gotten any more stones in these specs, and at the price I paid. The K color really works with the yellow gold and the stone is completely eye-clean. There is a feather in the corner and even that is hard to see with a 10X loupe. I think Jon uses 20X magnification on his site. As any AVC owner can attest, the light performance of an AVC is mesmerizing.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-flower-halo-featuring-a-1-52-avc-3-row-pave.169374/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-flower-halo-featuring-a-1-52-avc-3-row-pave.169374/[/URL]

jrock.jpg

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
marchesa6989 » 07 Dec 2011 19:45
thanks to PS i learnt how to be an educated and selective customer, but that didn't make for the easiest ring journey as certain vendors can't handle the amount of questions and details we discerning peeps require! that being said i did my research, used the PS diamond search and individual searches on each vendor sites religiously, updated those at least twice a day to look for new stones and played the patience game until the perfect stone came along.

and boy oh boy did it! after a harrowing journey of emails to and fro between various vendors, i finally found a round AGS000 1.23 H SI2 (eye clean with twinning wisps) through Union Diamond, and Tony Rixom there was a refreshing change from the other people i had spoken to previously. i suddenly felt like i wasn't walking on the journey alone and after 2 months of searching to finally talk to someone who understood what i was going for and gave me a stone about 0.2-0.3cts bigger than others could for the same price point was amazing. i think the persistence in searching really paid off as even Tony was surprised at my find and said that if this one sold, he couldn't provide anything remotely similar.

so without any further commentary, may i present my sparkly!! (as i have fondly nicknamed it). its icy white and has amazing light return, fire and brilliance.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sparkly-is-in-the-building.169195/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sparkly-is-in-the-building.169195/[/URL]

IMG_1940.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
catdee » 28 Dec 2011 17:14
my engagment ring!
1.45 center stone I, .92 pave on the side and halo.

Attachments

• card.bmp
    896.3 KB · Views: 74,680

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kitskats » 29 Dec 2011 13:41
This is my new halo setting, I came over to the white gold side from a yellow gold solitaire with platinum head. My saga of improper setting woes are detailed on PS in the why can't my ring be set right thread.

You can see the warmth in photo of my GOG H&A center stone, I was worried about that with brighter sidestones but the ring looks amazing. I love the delicacy of this ring! Looks very youthful to me (I was youthful...once, now just in my head). I love the profile and the trio of tiny diamonds on side next to curlicues. I may have a wedding band made and wear it over the ring, as in first one on is ering then the wedding band. I just love the side view of the triangle. Then again I really like the look of it alone and my 5 stone wedding band is now a right hand ring so may wear this alone.

The setting was designed and made by Matt, owner of M.K. Winston in Newburyport MA. If you're in MA or NH or Southern Maine, visit Matt and enjoy the charming seaside town too. Some details on his shop are in the setting thread. Not only did he have a setting that filled my requirements (halo, pretty side view with stones) but he promised it in 4 days and delivered in 2! He's a GIA grad and designs and casts in house, repairs, he's the rare one-stop jeweler and he was right in my backyard practically and I didn't know it! M, if you're reading this: I LOVE my ring, you're awesome, and our new family jeweler!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring-finally-set-right.169990/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring-finally-set-right.169990/[/URL]

Attachments

• kits.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 74,676

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
aljdewey » 28 Dec 2011 22:31
and I think it holds true for a nice red stone, too! I've promised Diamondseeker that I'll periodically add some of the things I've been working on in the past few years, so making good on my promise.

Gene from Precision Gems had a gorgeous Lindi garnet up on his blog some months ago that I just missed out on......but with very good fortune, he had two more pieces of rough left. One of them would cut another concave stone, and this was the end result.

A bit over 3.6 carats, and just incredibly cut. The setting is from ID Jewelry in NYC. I stopped into Yuketiel's store with Mara in September, and he couldn't have been more pleasant to work with. Not to mention, his bench staff has SERIOUS talent as you can see from the exquisite prong work he did. I have to also give props to his fantastic customer service; I didn't decide on this setting until the end of the day, and he had it set and shipped for me the very next day. I know I'll be working with him again for other projects.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/red-sky-at-night-sailors-delight.169970/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/red-sky-at-night-sailors-delight.169970/[/URL]

Attachments

• alj.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 74,678

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bagOtrix » 04 Jan 2012 03:08
Engaged! Tiffany Soleste Diamond Ring

Attachments

• bag.bmp
    586.9 KB · Views: 74,678

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boatshoes » 04 Jan 2012 22:06
Hello Pricescopers, after purchasing her ring back in August, I finally proposed to my girlfriend (now fiancee) on New Year's very very early morning and I came here to brag, and post ze, bling. The ring is:

Specs: .82 E SI2
Cut: Excellent
H&A (wish we had asked for some photos since we realized only after it had been set that we wouldn't be able to see the hearts anymore)
Setting: Vatche Grace
Purchased from Yekutiel at ID Jewelry (who is awesome).

You may or may not remember my post back in August and we ended up sticking with the original stone:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/size-trumps-all.164510/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/size-trumps-all.164510/[/URL]

We're so thrilled that we made the right choice and that Yekutiel was right all along. The ring is so stunning and my fiancee hasn't been able to stop staring at her finger.

Big thanks to Yekutiel, Vatche, and this website! My fiancee and I have definitely found a jeweler that we will be going back to. And now on to the PICS:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-years-bling-from-idj.170198/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-years-bling-from-idj.170198/[/URL]

Attachments

• boatshoes.bmp
    894.4 KB · Views: 74,668

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
neli » 06 Jan 2012 18:58
Frequent visitor and student of PS. Wanted to give back and share my experience and brag a little.

Center stone purchased as loose diamond (2.72 ct, H, VS1, ex polish, sym, cut, cushion modified) from Adiamor

Setting purchased from Eternitydiamonds.com (http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Cushion-Halo-Ring-(.62-ctw.......)-355.htm). It is a custom made version of the cushion halo ring.

At first my fiancé and I were really nervous about sending my loose diamond to New York. But in the end it was well worth it. Yoni is amazing to work with. He communicates with you every step of the way and is super easy to get a hold of. Most importantly, he is trustworthy and keeps his word. The work his company does at the price is unbeatable. I will work with him again in the future.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-engagement-ring-from-eternitydiamonds-com.170277/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-engagement-ring-from-eternitydiamonds-com.170277/[/URL]

Attachments

• nel.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 74,669

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ovalissimo » 20 Dec 2011 13:34
I wanted to post the final product from my recent process of finding an engagement ring for my fiance. The PS community has been very helpful to me so I thought it important to share the end result.

The ring is a 2.30 H VVS2 oval with 0.82 carats of diamonds in the setting. The entire setting is 100% handmade, and as you can see in the photos I asked for the halo itself to be cut out on the bottom to reduce metal and allow more light into the halo diamonds.

I worked with a truly excellent jeweler on 47th street, SH Zell. I cannot recommend these guys highly enough. They were both extremely patient with me, willing to invest a lot of time in education, and willing to spend multiple cycles iterating on finding the perfect stone. They also have very competitive prices on stones due to their relationships--I did a detailed spreadsheet analysis of their pricing vs. all the online PS vendors as well as some merchants I spoke with, and their prices were always at the bottom end of the range. For the setting, they can work with some of the named micropave folks listed in PS, but they also have another metalsmith they work with who does excellent work, and is a bit cheaper. The overall price of the setting you see here, completely handmade, was $3600. I really recommend going to see SH Zell if you want a full service experience.

The pics the jeweler took are below, I'm going to also try and post some that we took.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fiances-oval-halo-ring.169682/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fiances-oval-halo-ring.169682/[/URL]

Attachments

• oval.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 74,745

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• chupie.bmp
    649.6 KB · Views: 74,667

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• chupie.bmp
    649.6 KB · Views: 74,665

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such gorgeous new additions! I love Alj's Linde ring.......... but they are all gorgeous in there own unique way!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
lonixo » 10 Jan 2012 00:49
hi everyone! i've been a lurker for the last few months and since i got my wedding band in today i thought i would post!

ering: diamond purchased on blue nile before discovering pricescope:

pear brilliant
gia certified

cut: very good
clarity: si1
color: E
carat: 1.15
metal: 19kt white gold

the setting we had done locally here in vancouver. it has 0.45 carat in the setting and the melee is f-g color. katherine heigl's ering was my inspiration (although hers is much bigger!)

wedding band: purchased from ID jewellery

carat: 0.40
color: f-g
clarity: si
metal: 14 kt white gold

the melee in my ering looks brighter and more sparkly to me but for $650 (wband price) i am very happy with it! thanks to luann at ID!

wedding is set for may 10 2012 in mexico! thanks for looking!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ering-and-new-wedding-band.170404/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ering-and-new-wedding-band.170404/[/URL]

Attachments

• lon.bmp
    793.2 KB · Views: 74,588

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
FuturePsyD » 08 Jan 2012 20:37
Hi Ladies!!!

So sorry for the delay, but I wanted to finally share that I am ENGAGED!!!!!!

My fiance took me to Napa Valley for over a week during the holidays and it was absolutely perfect and amazing!!! We stayed in the picturesque area of Yountville in Napa Valley at the Hotel Yountville and it was magical.

We visited dozens and dozens of wineries and created so many amazing memories. The highlight of our trip was, of course, Christmas Eve when we returned from a full day of visiting wineries and walked into our gorgeous suite. The fireplace was on, music in the background and Champagne waiting for us. He had evidently been in cahoots with the hotel concierge!! My then boyfriend got on one knee and asked me to be his wife.

The remaining 4 days of our trip was even more wonderful as we continued our vacation as an engaged couple. It is so far my absolute favorite vacation and Christmas EVER!!

I've included a few pictures of my ring. These pictures were taken on Christmas Day at the gorgeous, famous restaurant The French Laundry, which was just steps away from our hotel. We rode our bikes, provided by our hotel, throughout the gorgeous area and stopped by The French Laundry for a photo shoot with my ring!

I wasn't able to post some of the photos as it appears they are too large, so once I figure out how to post those, I will include more.

My ring is a HW inspired Micropave Halo with a cushion cut center stone.

The specs I know of are:

G color
VSI Clarity
2.11 Center
.72 carats total weight of diamonds in the setting
G color and VSI clarity diamonds throughtout the setting

Ring size is: 5.5

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-on-christmas-eve.170349/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-on-christmas-eve.170349/[/URL]

Attachments

• future.bmp
    795.1 KB · Views: 74,591

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
so many beautiful halos :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results