shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT A breath of Spring- my Merelani Mint Garnet ring

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Last year I bought this precision cut cushion Merelani Mint garnet from Peter Toracca. It is a beautiful, sparkly bluish green that reminds me of a green diamond. In fact the manager at a well known jewelers asked me if it in fact was a green diamond!!! I had thought of putting it in a rose gold halo, but it would need to be custom to fit quite right. With my bling budget already in overdraft with the purchase of my pink diamond and the RDG setting for it coming shortly- I knew this setting would need to be on the back burner. Yet, it sat in its little gem box in begging me to set it. Soooooo, a couple of days ago I went by my favorite B&M jewelers as they were having a huge sale on settings. I didn't really think I'd find one to fit this- but I did- AND in a price I could justify!!!!!!

This weekend it finally has warmed up and I took my little minty out for a photo shoot this morning- it just looks like Springtime to me.

Stats on the Merelani Mint garnet cushion are 1.28ct and 6.18 x 6.19. the setting is 18kt white and rose gold with .40cts diamonds.

merelani_mint_garnet_ring_1.jpg

merelani_mint_glow_3.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
more pics- profile views

merelani_mint_garnet_ring_profile_2.jpg

mint_garnet_ring_profile_.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
and a couple more... :bigsmile:

merelani_mint_carribean_reflection.jpg

merelani_mint_garnet_ring_5.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh- and here's the little guy who came to visit while I was shooting photos!!

bumble_bee_visits_photo_shoot.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this ring.. so pretty.. love the color.. The bee is nice too! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous. The color is beautiful.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thank you so much Mayk, fabulousfindk, and marcy!! I really love the soft color combination!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful color and a majestic setting!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Great find on that setting, I think it suites your garnet perfectly. A mint garnet is on my wishlist. Your stone looks beautifully cut and I love the color. Enjoy!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
So gorgeous!! that is a fantastic setting - I love the RG ribbon portion! and that garnet --- :lickout: --- its awesome!!! I love how it changes hue's depending on its mood!! a little aqua/ a little mint/ a little yellow green.... beautiful!!! :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A breath of spring, indeed! The setting looks quite regal in profile. :praise: I am so glad you kept the stone, and found a nice setting (on sale, to boot!) for it. Enjoy! :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very pretty!!! Great pics, too! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a unique setting and love the color of the stone! Definitely looks like spring!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Cool pic of the bee .. it's one fat bee!

The stone is lovely .. it feels like such a happy stone.

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
I love the color of your garnet! It really glows. I'm glad you were able to get it out of a box and onto your finger where it belongs!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo pretty!!!! :love: I cannot WAIT to see your RDG ring! I only wish Mike was getting to LV a day earlier so we could see it in person!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring! How pretty and springy!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I LOOOOVE everything about this ring!!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! What an amazing ring :love: :love: :love: :love: The color of the stone is to die for and the setting absolutely gorgeous, very appropriate to showcase beautifully the center stone...Ohhh...i'm in love!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
SOOOO pretty! That's on my list still, a must have. The setting is perfect for it too. Your pics are super!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous ring - love the profile shot!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby- thank you so much!!

Woofmama- yes, I was so excited to find a stock setting that wouldn't break the bank that worked so well for my stone AND you need to get a minty- they are so beautiful and sparkly!!

Enerchi- thanks!! although it does have many moods, mostly it is the perfect bluish green mint!!

NKOTB- thank you! I adore this stone- I can't believe that I even debated keeping it when I first got it!! It really does have an incredible sparkle factor!

canuk-gal- thank you for the compliment to my photos!!

MissGotRocks- thanks- I really feel like it is Spring, especially when I look at my ring!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! I love the color of it and the setting.........and the bee........ :bigsmile:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Charmy Poo- glad you enjoyed the bee photo. I think it was early enough in the morning that it was moving a little slow- because it let me get awfully close to it to snap the photo!!

alisonia333- it just kept calling to me at the bottom of my jewelry box that it needed to be on my finger!!

motownmama- thank you!!

DS2006- thanks!! I can't wait for my pink diamond ring either!!!!!! I'm still hoping he may change his plans and come a day earlier-fingers crossed!!

Laila619 and YT- thank you so much!!

natyLad- thank you for all the nice comments!

minousbijoux- I'm so happy you like it!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Kathness- thank you! glad you like the setting! I thought it gave just the right amount of contrast to compliment the stone.

JewelFreak- You really have to get one,too- they are sooooo beautiful! Also, glad you enjoyed my photos!

misskittycat- thank you so much!

Catmom- thanks!! The bee was fun to photograph as I think it was still a little groggy!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful colour! And the setting looks like it was designed especially for it - what a fabulous find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results