shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone diamond U-prong band...ALL MINE!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I just snagged this beautiful little ring! It''s 3/4 total carat weight, .15 pointers. VS-2 , H in color.
BRAND NEW, never worn.
Of course it was another wonderful find on E-bay (for under $500).
Can''t wait to get this puppy on my hand!!

160135128_o.jpg

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS, Beau!! How on earth do you do it? It looks wonderful, but doesn''t buying on Ebay scare you a little?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay! It looks lovely!
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 9:50:10 AM
Author: ButterBean
GORGEOUS, Beau!! How on earth do you do it? It looks wonderful, but doesn''t buying on Ebay scare you a little?
Why would it? You are protected as a buyer when using paypal. I try to keep purchases under $1000. I usually buy from vendors that I have bought from before, and have excellent feedback. This particular vendor has some amazing pieces at prices that simply can''t be beat (if I were to shop locally). The quality of the diamonds are always as described, and the pieces usually look much better in person! I''m sure I''ve bought at least 15 diamond rings from E-bay over the past 5 years and have never had a problem yet.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
What a fantastic find! Sounds like you''ve found yourself a worthy e-bay seller.
1.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t that called bar set? Looks pretty.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful Beau, don''t forget to post hand shots when you receive it.

Linda

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 12:59:39 PM
Author: Upgradable
Isn't that called bar set? Looks pretty.
I think it's called "beautifully set"
emwink.gif

Bar set, sure..although profile view shows a more "U" prong setting. I will post hand pics once it arrives (showing the side view). I was just so excited to get this fabulous ring, and post the pic, I didn't really care what it was called!! My 5 stone Diamond band..that's what I'll call it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/23/2008 10:02:57 AM
Author: beau13

Date: 8/23/2008 9:50:10 AM
Author: ButterBean
Why would it? You are protected as a buyer when using paypal. I try to keep purchases under $1000. I usually buy from vendors that I have bought from before, and have excellent feedback. This particular vendor has some amazing pieces at prices that simply can''t be beat (if I were to shop locally). The quality of the diamonds are always as described, and the pieces usually look much better in person! I''m sure I''ve bought at least 15 diamond rings from E-bay over the past 5 years and have never had a problem yet.
Instead of telling us who the seller is, do you still have the link to your ring?? If you''ve bought a number of different things from the same seller, I''m curious.

I think it''s very pretty and I''ll bet it has a very pretty profile. I''m very excited for you! Every girl needs a five stone the same way every girl should have an eternity band. They''re classic styles that we can wear forever.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, congrats!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Awesome.....congratulations!!!
36.gif

I would love to know who the ebay vendor is, too, please and thank you!

Lori

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a great find. Can''t wait for hand shots!!!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I cannot wait to see your pictures once it arrives!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely, and what a bargain!!! I''d love to see a profile pic when you get it.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice find. I''ve never bought jewelry off of eBay just because I am so skeptical, and I think that is the case with many of us. Of course, truth be told, there are probably several honest, legitimate sellers on eBay. It would be cool if we could do a "trusted sellers" thread or even a "buyer beware" thread. This would help avoid eBay horror stories, and help us recognize which sellers are reliable.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
This particular ring comes from MaxHenri, and I have bought 3 from DoverJewelers (they both sell some estate pieces, as well as brand new "older stock" jewlery. My bezel diamond band (avatar) was purchased from Dover. Max Henri had a beautiful 5 stone (1.0 carat) band a few months ago selling for about $650 but I passed on it to buy a 11 stone diamond band from Dover instead. I''m still kicking myself for NOT going with the larger 5 stone! I even contacted the winning bidder to tell her if she decided to sell it, I''d be interested. She told me she will NEVER part with it since the stones checked out as being VS-2 and F color stones (.20 each) 18K white gold (for $650)..unheard of in most cases! If you have time to check E-bay every few days, there are some great deals to be had!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always like Dover. They have even more good stuff on their real, non-ebay website.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Love it - it''ll look great with your ering!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 10:35:17 AM
Author: Addy
I always like Dover. They have even more good stuff on their real, non-ebay website.
OH?? I wasn''t aware of thier other site...I couldn''t find anything when I googled Dover..can you please give me the link?
Thank Addy!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking it will likely be my right hand ring (I don''t wear anything on that hand), but if it does look good with my solitaire..I might just have to wear them together occasionally!
Date: 8/25/2008 1:39:23 PM
Author: vespergirl
Love it - it''ll look great with your ering!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:59:05 AM
Author: beau13
This particular ring comes from MaxHenri, and I have bought 3 from DoverJewelers (they both sell some estate pieces, as well as brand new ''older stock'' jewlery. My bezel diamond band (avatar) was purchased from Dover. Max Henri had a beautiful 5 stone (1.0 carat) band a few months ago selling for about $650 but I passed on it to buy a 11 stone diamond band from Dover instead. I''m still kicking myself for NOT going with the larger 5 stone! I even contacted the winning bidder to tell her if she decided to sell it, I''d be interested. She told me she will NEVER part with it since the stones checked out as being VS-2 and F color stones (.20 each) 18K white gold (for $650)..unheard of in most cases! If you have time to check E-bay every few days, there are some great deals to be had!

Beau-Thanks for the insight! I''m sure it will be valuable to many.

BTW, just google Dover Jewelers, it should be the first link.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I won''t be able to post hand pics for about 12 days. I hate waiting for items to be shipped. I bought this ring last Friday, however, the seller informed me it won''t ship until tomorrow. I know it will take almost 2 weeks to get to me here in Canada..so hand pics won''t be posted anytime soon. The upside is I will hopefully have my new sparklie in time for my 15 wedding anniversary..yeah! (I haven''t even told hubby I bought yet another ring)..oops!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
It''s been 15 days since I paid for this item..and still NO ring!
Hmmmm..I emailed the vendor to see if he can track it for me, we''ll see what he says.
I''m a tad disappointed, since my anniversary is on Thursday, and I was hoping to have it by then. I still haven''t told hubby I bought it, since now I think he may have his own surprise for me. I told the vendor if I don''t receive it byThursday, I would like a refund..he had more than enough time to get it to me ON TIME!
So..there may be no hand shots..when (if) it arrives, I might not even open the package..just return it to sender.
emsad.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
oh no! I was just going to pop in to congratulate you on the new beauty, but instead, disapointment city!
38.gif
Boo hiss Seller. BOO! So sorry Beau.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Melalu..good to see you!
Well..it may arrive tomorrow..who knows..I''ll give him a couple more days.
I might surprise you with handshots yet...
emwink.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
hope so. I''ve had rings that had "rough starts" but me and DH ''baptize'' them to shed the bad associations we may have. sounds crazy...but maybe you can learn to forgive and love your new 5 stoner
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results