shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 4.75 Namibian Garnet from Mastercutgems set in DK halo

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
After almost 5 years, I finally set this: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-75-namibian-mandarin-garnet-help-me-design.149833/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-75-namibian-mandarin-garnet-help-me-design.149833/[/URL]

I'm trigger happy when it comes to purchasing gems, but very setting shy. Something about setting them seem so... permanent. Silly, since they can be easily reset, but I hate wasting money on settings.

About 2 months ago, I visited David Klass with the intention of setting a Jeff White tourmaline in KNOTB's emerald setting. The garnet came along for the ride "just in case" I saw something I liked. While combing through their settings, I came across an oec in a beautiful and unique marquise halo and instantly fell in love. Amy from DK assured they can make modifications, and I made the decision to set the garnet that day. Very uncharacteristic of me, especially when it comes to such a significant gem! My son's birthstone is January, and he was born earlier this year so this ring is my "mother's ring". :bigsmile:

The original oec was bezel set, so I had them add the prongs. Since it is a larger stone and I'm terribly klumsy, I asked for 8 prongs, each starting at the base of the marquise tips for symmetry. I also changed out the original heart gallery into the current lotus design to match the marquises more. I took forever, hemming and hawing over the CAD, but finally decided to trust them and have them cast it. Once I gave the okay, it was done in maybe 1.5 weeks? They were very fast! They sent the pictures to me while I was on vacation and I squealed and jumped up and down and scared my kid... oops. Then I had to wait 2 more weeks because I wasn't going to be back in L.A. for a while. Agonizing, but totally worth the wait! I picked it up on Saturday and I'm soooo in love!!!

_33818.jpg

_33819.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love everything about it! I wish we were the same size so I could steal it! :razz:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous ring! I love every single detail. Stunning design. I like :love: :love: :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's exquisite.. truly a work of art! wow...!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
What a regal ring!

Was the garnet cut by Dana? It looks precision cut.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's absolutely perfect!! I love it! Wear it in much health and happiness!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning stone and ring! :drool:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous garnet. I want it!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: The prongs are just stunning, too.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I know the prongs look kind of scary but they don't look that way in person. They're hardly noticeable. Amy originally put in smaller prongs in the CAD, but I requested beefier prongs because I'm a klutz and it's a huge stone so it needs a lot of protection.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness that is an amazing ring! :love: :love:

The prongs are perfect, and DK did a perfect job with everything (as usual!)

I just adore everything about it, so happy for you! :clap:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a very pretty ring :appl: I :love: the intense rich orange color of your gem. :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Amazing color on your stone! It's gorgeous! I love the choice you made for the setting. It all came together so perfectly. :love: It's such a stunningly beautiful ring! :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! :love: You definitely have the finger coverage aspect down. :) Looks perfect on you. I am similar to you in that I tend to want only the perfect setting concept done for each stone. I am not a resetter and think things through maybe a little too much sometimes. Thanks for sharing!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting! What great finger coverage too!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, beautiful setting, and it's all wonderfully in proportion with those lovely long fingers of yours. Enjoy your new bling!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! It's absolutely stunning in every way!! :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W :love: W incredible! :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous setting and gorgeous garnet. That setting really makes it pop. GORGEOUS glow, color, everything about this ring is perfect. :love: Best mother's ring ever. :appl:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! A picture of this ring belongs in the PS Icons thread :appl:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, that's pretty! The halo reminds me of the edges of a Spanish lace veil.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results