shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4.02 D VS2 Oval Enchanted Diamonds / Brilliantly Engaged

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
It has been many years since I have posted here, but I do still regularly lurk and enjoy everyone's sparklies! :D

I wanted to share my newest bling: a Christmas present from DH. The stone is 4.02 Oval Brilliant D VS2 with Very Strong Blue Fluorescence. I've always found fluorescence to be a beautiful and interesting phenomenon. I didn't seek it out, but when I saw this stone online, I was intrigued. It was listed with photos and an ASET at http://www.enchanteddiamonds.com. I worked with Meredith who was wonderful: knowledgeable and responsive! When I called about the stone, she said the cutter's notes indicated that there were no negative effects from the fluorescence. They had a 30-day return policy, so we went for it! The stone's numbers aren't perfect, but the stone is incredibly sparkly and lively in person with minimal bowtie, and it just spoke to me. In the sun, it glows a lavender-blue: there's no oiliness or milkiness. It's definitely a different and distinctive look from non-fluorescent stones and I can see why some people might not like it. I am, however, a huge fan! :appl: My stone also has phoshporescence. If I shine a blacklight on it, it glows bright blue. When the light is turned off, the stone continues to glow for a few minutes a whitish-greenish-yellow (the color is like kids' glow-in-the-dark stickers).

GIA
4.02 D VS2
11.94 mm x 9.01 mm x 5.78mm
Table: 62%
Depth: 64.2%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Medium - Thick
Fluorescence: Very Strong Blue

With stone in hand, we decided to have Mark T at Brilliantly Engaged make the ring, based partly on Kristydarling's review of the solitaire he made for her OEC last year and the numerous halo rings that have been posted here. We worked exclusively over email and spent a few weeks determining and refining the design. Once finalized, it took about 5 weeks to complete the ring.

I sent a few inspiration photos and asked for a hand-forged ring, floating / open basket, claw prongs as delicate as possible, pave basket and three rows of pave on the shank.

The ring details are:
Hand-forged / PT 950 - Platinum-Ruthenium alloy
0.68 ctw D/E VS melee - 113 diamonds
Sz. 5 (I'm a 4 1/2, but prefer my rings a little loose)
Width of ring is approx. 2.1 mm - 2.2 mm

The prongs are gorgeously tiny. I have had 4 other rings by Leon Mege and I was concerned that these prongs would not be delicate enough, but there was nothing to worry about. The pave work is smooth, even and very comfortable. The ring is delicate, yet sturdy.

Without further ado...

img_7398.jpg

img_7399.jpg

img_7400.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! :love: What a gorgeous ring!!!! Great finger coverage too! Love all the great photos especially the one with both of your rings. They are just beautiful!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tiger007g, I saw a video of your ring just the other day and was hoping to find it here on PS. I love the ring of diamonds under the pavilion! With the delicate prongs, it looks as if the diamond is just sitting there without support. And of course that splendid OVAL! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! I love the elegance of ovals and yours has quite some oomph!! It looks so feminine and pretty on you. BE did a great job. Congrats!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, amazing finger coverage and massively stunning ring - I love big stones, congrats yours is :love: :love: :love: And I think it is way cool you have a BIG diamond that glows too!!!! :lol:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I die!! :love: your ring is incredibly beautiful and looks right at home on your finger. BE did an amazing job! Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG GORGEOUS. :love: Perfect size and TDF color! Oh I love ovals. Beautiful. :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is glowingly beautiful! The finger coverage is amazing, too! :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love the oval and the floating look of the the diamond above the gallery ring of diamonds. Delicate and classic all at once. You've a very nice collection there. The emerald is gorgeous too :appl:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG your oval ring is PERFECT! I have a super soft spot for ovals and yours is the ideal ring of my dreams!!! Everything about it makes my heart race from the setting to the very strong fluorescence....if ever I win the lottery........(well, I gotta play it first, which I don't!) :lol:

Honestly, you are one lucky gal! Congratulations of one of the best bling that I can only dream of having! to me, it isn't over the top and it is unique and just plain amazing! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, and would you be able to post a photo of how it glows under blacklight as you mentioned? More pics to drool over! Thank you!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful setting and a gorgeous oval! I love how your oval looks like it is being cradled by the diamonds in the gallery. One of the most beautiful galleries that I have seen. The whole ring is a knock out and... it looks spectacular on you! Congratulations! Enjoy!
Love the fluorescence! Can't wait to see more pics.
:love: :love: :love:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That's quite a beauty. I love strong blue flourescence, too :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! I love the colour it throws off - its ethereal :love:

mns12

Shiny_Rock
WOW, what a beautiful rock and setting!! It's looks lovely and huge on your hand. I love the continuous band of floating diamonds. I am considering something similar (inspired by a HOF ring I tried on) and these pictures really help. Saving this one to my file:)
Congrats!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

I love everything about this ---- especially the proportions on your hand. it is sheer perfection!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
WOW!! It's gorgeous!! Now I want one too! *adds to list*

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your ring is stunning!
Mark T did a great job with the setting. I am glad to see you did not halo the center diamond. It looks absolutely perfect!
Congrats on your new dream ring :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a gorgeous ring! I love the stone and the fluorescence! So beautiful!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:sun: whoa! blinding! :love: That is so cool to hear the science behind your stone!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a phenomenal ring!!! it looks perfect on your hand... I love ovals... congratulations... =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results