shape
carat
color
clarity

3-stone ring Girls - are you out there?

twochicklets

Rough_Rock

Thanks headlight, you are too sweet. All of these rings are so gorgeous! I just learned how to upload, so here is my photo for those that don''t like to click on links:

webpost2.JPG

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
May I join the club too? This is my brand new engagement ring. I love it!!

DSCN4055z.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 4:05:54 PM
Author: zhuzhu
This is the side view of my ring, in sunny San Diego!

Welcome to the sandbox Zhuzhu. Your ring is stunning!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love looking (and re-looking) at all these beautiful 3 stones!

SexiLexi

Rough_Rock
Snooper: Well if your size 7 Shrek fingers are massive what does that make my size 9's! And they're long too. As I see it the bigger your fingers the bigger the rock that has to accompany it. No little diamonds here girls!
9.gif

EC_lvr

Rough_Rock
question, does the height of the side-stones depend solely on the setting? can you adjust the height of them compared to the center stone? technically can you have the 2 side-stones at the same level as the center stones? it seems like its more common with RB 3-stones than ECs, i duno, i could be wrong.

thanks! just a lil curious...
37.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 1:08:43 AM
Author: EC_lvr
question, does the height of the side-stones depend solely on the setting? can you adjust the height of them compared to the center stone? technically can you have the 2 side-stones at the same level as the center stones? it seems like its more common with RB 3-stones than ECs, i duno, i could be wrong.

37.gif

I''m guessing the height of the side stones does depend on the setting. For example, my princess was originally in a stock setting, and the center stone was much higher than the side baguettes... I had it reset and now all 3 stones (table) are the same height but the baguettes of course slope down. Does that help?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooo, here is my faux 3 stone :) I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of your 3 stones are GORGEOUS!!!

Picture 866884.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooooooooooooooooooo :)

Rondnolds_1011b.JPG

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 1:08:43 AM
Author: EC_lvr

37.gif

Yes. The level of side stones depends on their measurement to the center stone. Using my ring as an example, if I wanted tables of my 3 ECs to set on the same level, the length of the side stones have to be shorter than the ones I chose in order to give room for the prongs to "sit together with prongs of the center stone". I hope tat makes sense. Luckily I looked at a Tiffany 3 stone EC ring setting on the same level first and I did not like it. I prefer having the side stones set just a bit lower (but not too low that it looks like accent stones) so you can see the beautiful girdle and top side view of my center EC. It looks more 3-dimensional which adds character in my eyes.

EC_lvr

Rough_Rock
innnteresting. thanks for the replies, very helpful!!!
5.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 4:43:33 PM
Author: SexiLexi
Snooper: Well if your size 7 Shrek fingers are massive what does that make my size 9''s! And they''re long too. As I see it the bigger your fingers the bigger the rock that has to accompany it. No little diamonds here girls!
9.gif

HAHA! I am in total agreement! I keep telling hubby that if my ring size was smaller I could have saved him a lot of money buy buying a smaller diamond. I guess having larger fingers isn''t so bad after all?
31.gif
That''s my story and I''m sticking to it!
27.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 10:53:47 AM
Author: woobug02
Wooo, here is my faux 3 stone :) I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of your 3 stones are GORGEOUS!!!
That is pretty! Looks like WF set it? Where did you get the stones? Do you have a thread on it?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t been a 3-stone girl for a week yet but I sure am enjoying mine. Here it is:

sundia%20(2).JPG

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 11:11:13 PM
Author: marcyc
I haven''t been a 3-stone girl for a week yet but I sure am enjoying mine. Here it is:

sundia%20(2).JPG
Marcyc.. I still can''t get off how beautiful & sparkly your ring is!
10.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sparkles. I really like this picture of it too. Your new wrings are very sparkly too.
36.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2008 9:03:28 AM
Author: marcyc
Thanks Sparkles. I really like this picture of it too. Your new wrings are very sparkly too.
36.gif
Awww thanks!
9.gif

snopeopl

Rough_Rock
Diamond Dana,
Your ring is very close to what I am looking to do... is the band on it "comfort fit" ? Do you wear it with a wedding band? My wedding band is yellow gold comfort fit, and I am hoping to wear it next to a 3-stone ring, but the two bands need to sit well together.

Thanks!
Gabrielle

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2008 1:22:13 PM
Author: snopeopl
Diamond Dana,
Your ring is very close to what I am looking to do... is the band on it 'comfort fit' ? Do you wear it with a wedding band? My wedding band is yellow gold comfort fit, and I am hoping to wear it next to a 3-stone ring, but the two bands need to sit well together.

Thanks!
Gabrielle
Hi Gabrielle!
No, it is not comfort fit, but the shank is only 1mm wide so I don't think that I would even notice a difference. I do wear it with a band from time to time, I am just trying to find *the* perfect band for it! I have worn a curved one and straight ones, comfort fit and not. All the straight bands that I have tried with it sit pretty flush, minimal gap from the side. It is a stuller setting, so it should be pretty easy for your jeweler to find if it is what you are looking for.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a profile shot of my ring with my grandmothers wedding band, they sit pretty close.

profilegranthree.jpg

snopeopl

Rough_Rock
Lost Saphire,
I love your ring, and it''s pretty close to what I would like to have. Where did you find the setting? I am having trouble finding one like it!
Thanks
Gabrielle

snopeopl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info and picture, Diamond Dana. I''ll check the stuller site! Your ring is beautiful!

Gabrielle

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Gabrielle.

The ring was made up by a local jeweller, based on a few photos I found online.

I am very pleased with the work, but I think I would have preferred a slightly more rounded band than what I got. It does sit well with my wedding ring, which is VERY narrow.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2008 2:55:11 PM
Author: snopeopl
Thanks for the info and picture, Diamond Dana. I''ll check the stuller site! Your ring is beautiful!

Gabrielle
You''re welcome, and thank you for the compliment
35.gif

Emmeline

Rough_Rock
This is my 3-stone and wedding band.
3-stone by James Allen (0.9 Center, 0.23/0.25 sides). Center prong is platinum and side prongs are basket.
The only wedding band I found to match was from Amazon.com of all places and they were running a special for 40% of listed price...and I got it. It''s a 7-stone shared prong.

All round brilliant of course :)
30.gif

DSC04003.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 8:59:32 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Skippy, everytime I see pics of your ring, I swoon! I adore it!
I never said thank you Lauren; I guess I missed your comment! Thanks a million; I love your 3 stone ring. Gorgeous color!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
bumping :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results