shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Stone Hearts and Arrows Ring from BGD

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
It was suggested that I make a post here as well. Here's a recent purchase from BGD with some photos I took.

H&A .8 Center H Vs2. Side stones are .2's.

IMG_7488_638.jpg
IMG_7491_638.jpg
IMG_7495_638.jpg
IMG_7497_638.jpg
IMG_7501_638.jpg

Thanks for looking =)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic, timeless and beautiful!

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Did you see those fantastic pictures? Congrats! :appl:

ddiamond

Rough_Rock
You seem to have a knack for macro photography. As another photographer with a new BGD creation to capture I'd welcome any tips you have in terms of setup, equipment used, lighting, and so forth. I shoot mainly action sports but I could get into photographing jewelry I think.

Thanks.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nice ring!!.. :love:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! I love 3 stones -the proportions on that are perfect :love: :love:

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Wow thanks for the comments everyone! All these comments make me even more excited to surprise her with it!

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
ddiamond|1336526733|3190624 said:
You seem to have a knack for macro photography. As another photographer with a new BGD creation to capture I'd welcome any tips you have in terms of setup, equipment used, lighting, and so forth. I shoot mainly action sports but I could get into photographing jewelry I think.

Thanks.

Thanks ddiamond! I do enjoy macro photography myself although these shots required a different approach from what I'm used to. Normally all my macro shots are hand held using flash to light the subject. Doing ring shots this way didn't work and I wasn't happy with the results.

I used a 5d mII with the Canon 100mm f 2.8 macro lens and the mp-e 65 1-5x macro lens. I mounted that on a tripod and used a shutter release. It was cloudy out which was perfect as I think a sunny day would just cause too many hot spots. I used an f stop between 8-13 and my shutter speeds were about a second long. I just put the ring on a flower and pointed it towards the light. The trickiest thing was getting the camera angled right to show off the stone.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! The proportions are perfect. The photos are too, I actually first those were vendor's shots until I scrolled down!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous!! Such pretty stones and great proportions! Love the setting too - this is a winner! :love:

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments! I'm glad everyone likes the ring and the photos!

Yes Seeker that is a H Levi setting. I'm loving it!

ddiamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info Pax. I'm going to give it a shot. I can score a macro lens from a rental house nearby. I admit, I was going to go for a flash setup (with a small softbox) but natural light looks cool too. I also wanted some hard light in order to get some fire. We'll see how dialed I can get it. Maybe through a tight snoot. Stay tuned.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
alene|1336610325|3191656 said:
Beautiful ring! The proportions are perfect. The photos are too, I actually first those were vendor's shots until I scrolled down!

I thought the same thing. GORGEOUS ring AND photos!

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much guys. I'm still waiting for when I have time to take some more photos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results