shape
carat
color
clarity

3+ ct LM inspired EW double halo

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone's journey has its ups and downs which I am debating whether to share publicly or just leave it as a personal experience. Nonetheless, I am glad that it is finally set and wearable. I do not have any pictures as yet but it is supposedly ready for pickup today at the FedEx station which I'll drop by after work today. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is everything I expected. =)

Stone: 3.8 ct Vietnamese spinel from the Luc Yen area (10 x 8 mm)
Colour: colour shifting from lavender blue to purple
Vendor: ERD
Design: Leon Mege inspired double halo, split double shank setting (originally for a yellow FCD with a yellow FCD collar) in platinum.

I have owned the stone for several years now. Purchased it once when looking for that holy grain pure blue spinel devoid of gray, then returned it because it did not stay blue. Then many years later, I still remembered the stone, so I dug around, contacted the original owner and asked if it is still available for sale. Why do I say original owner? Because he had it for sale on commission through a lapidary. It turned out that this beauty has been sitting in inventory for the past few years so I made an offer and was so happy that not only was it accepted, but that its beauty is still undiminished. I was a coloured stone novice back then and did not know how to appreciate colour shifters, which I am glad to not have a regretful story to share.

The colour shifting property is a huge positive for me. It does partial and full shifts, with the partial shifting a very fun sight to behold when it sparks all sorts of shades from pinkish to purple to blue and every shade in between at the SAME time. The precision cutting and high crown increases its brilliance to the maximum. I felt that such a stone deserves an outstanding setting which is why it took me nearly 3 years to come up with a setting worthy of its beauty.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-83-ct-blue-spinel-driving-off-chrono%E2%80%99s-blues.142753/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-83-ct-blue-spinel-driving-off-chrono%E2%80%99s-blues.142753/[/URL]

Going back and forth, I finally decided to recreate an inspired (not exact copy but with a twist) Leon Mege East West yellow diamond setting for a customer that was once on PS. It was a beautiful and touching story but with a very sad ending; I hope the couple are in a far better position today.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cad-review-for-4-ct-stone-in-ew-design.191631/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cad-review-for-4-ct-stone-in-ew-design.191631/[/URL]

I'll be back later once I've picked up the ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see it Chrono! Really happy for you that your ring is ready and your beautiful stone can finally be worn :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Chrono if you do not email me pictures I will be personally offended!!!! ok maybe that is a stretch but I can't wait to seeeee this ring!!!!!! yay!!!!!

OH THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!! Your spinel is my holy grail lavendar color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh i hate my life right now ....ok so i'm being dramatic right now but still! ;(

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got so excited and then BOOM , no pics :(sad :(sad :(sad

cannot wait to see!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1380200436|3527585 said:
I got so excited and then BOOM , no pics :(sad :(sad :(sad

cannot wait to see!!

Me to!!!! Argghhhhh!!! I shall be back to check later tonight!
Oh how I have dribbled over this stone. I absolutely love the colour. I think it's my favorite coloured stone in the world :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I have to join the chorus to say I have been anticipating this thread for quite some time. I am so excited to see this ring! I will be at a Gala tonight, but I am totally slipping off to the ladies' room to check PS on my phone for pictures!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is just cruel, Chrono. Cruel. :nono:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on the edge of my seat Chrono! I can't wait to see it!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
You know I'm blowing up important work to keep refreshing this page right? I mean really important stuff here :nono: Why are you so mean to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for the long wait, ladies; I just picked up the ring 30 minutes ago and took some impromptu pictures which I am still cropping and renaming. I think I took way too many pictures too which I hope you won't mind. These aren't the best pictures but I'll try again when I am less rushed because if I don't post a few now, I think I'm going to be burned at the PS stake. :lol:

There is a mix of indoors and outdoor pictures with incredibly boring names but what can you do when the flames are getting closer.

indoors_1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm of two minds about the profile; I love it yet I'm not sure about it. My preference is to have the spinel sit much lower in the setting or rather, given that it already sit extremely low, the two half halos come up higher so that the halo is flush with the girdle. However, I think in order to accomplish this sets the "neck" in a more vulnerable position whereby it might be more easily whacked off so that the entire ring will be less structurally sound.

profile_1.png

profile_2.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning!! The color of the center stone, the beautiful prongs, the elegant pave setting... The whole package!! Great choice.
Finally a home fot this dream stone.

More pics pleassssssse!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please do your best to ignore the hairy fingers.

profile_3.jpg

outdoor_1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Motownmama, Acinom, and Laila,
Thank you for your patience and the compliments. Here's more for your eyes.

Full hand shots of the profile.

outdoors_2.jpg

outdoors_3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pictures...

outdoors_4.jpg

outdoors_5.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More picture overloading.

outdoors_6.jpg

outdoors_7.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Chrono.... There is absolutely NOTHING to criticize about this ring. I am blown away. My breath literally caught in my throat when I saw the first picture... That hasn't happened since my husband proposed!!

First dibs if you EVER decide to sell it! Seriously! I would pay big money for this ring :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex,
Thank you for such high praise on the ring. Wow, I did not realize that many PSers liked the stone and setting.

profile_4.jpg

profile_5.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The profile looks big here but ERD's fineness and delicateness of workmanship beats my Whiteflash rings hands down. The setting could have fooled me for hand forged. Even though the melees go down 3/4 of the way, it is very smooth, flat and feels barely there.

profile_6.jpg

profile_7.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last of the profile and outdoor pictures. Even though it is a double shank ring, it is very comfortable to wear even when I squeeze my fingers together.

profile_8.jpg

outdoors_8.jpg

profile_0.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W :love: W!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indoor pictures up next. Unfortunately, my camera could not capture any of the "sparks" so I will try again some other time. Perhaps wearing all black and using an iPhone in a black case has something to do with it too. :roll: :bigsmile:

indoors_2.jpg

indoors_3.jpg

indoors_4.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the high profile. Love it. I just feel lost in it. It is so beautifully fluid, beautifully executed and the stone leaves me lost for words.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This blows me away! It's even more gorgeous that I imagined!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results