shape
carat
color
clarity

3.51 ct Fancy Yellow Heart

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Here is my Christmas present (for Kaleigh and diamondlil
2.gif
)....

GIA
3.51 ct
Heart modified brilliant
9.22 x 9.98 x 5.36
depth - 53.7%
table - 73%
girdle - medium to thick, faceted
culet - none
polish - excellent
symmetry - very good
VVS1
Natural fancy yellow
distribution - even

The setting has approximately 3.25 ctw of yellow and white diamonds. They didn''t state how many diamonds there are. Hmmmm....I guess I could count?
23.gif

My DH and I saw this ring in a much larger size (center stone was 10 ct) and I liked it but it was TOO TOO big. I guess this designer decided to do it in a mini version. I''ve never been a "heart" diamond lover but I think this changed my mind! It''s so sparkly!

The only thing I kind of question (since I didn''t choose it) is the depth of the stone. But what kind of depth are heart shaped diamonds supposed to be around? Is it too shallow? I mean, it''s not like you can see it from the gallery and it sparkles all over the place or am I just letting the ''numbers'' get to me?!?!

heart9.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOW, beautiful!!! I love it

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
WOW!!!
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
It is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! I love that honking yellow heart!! What a gorgeous setting and it looks fantastic on your hand. Congratulations!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring. A beautiful addition to your already stunning collection.

I am assuming this is a right hand ring?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
definitely not to shallow! I mean- holy crap, look at that ring! It''s absolutely gorgeous...
30.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you woobug, Sandiego, ann, curlygirl, and icekid!!! Sorry it took so long to get those pics but I had to rename them and I have no clue how to make a collage! Heck, windows did an update on my computer last night, logged me off, and I couldn't remember the new password my hubby gave me a few weeks ago so he had to hack into it this morning or format my harddrive. What a pain in the petutie! Atleast HE knows what he's doing.

Anyways, I think my pics are all starting to look alike so I need to find other means of taking pics somehow. I don't know how everyone gets such close clear shots inside the house.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s stunning!
30.gif
30.gif

I don''t know what the numbers should be for a heart, but who cares? Look at that baby!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations again on the newest member of your magnificent collection!
36.gif
I wouldn''t worry about the numbers and percentages at all - when the stone is a knockout, the numbers don''t matter.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to both of you for making me feel better about the ''numbers''. I know I shouldn''t get caught up in them but sometimes it happens. Don''t get me wrong though, I am extremely thrilled with this ring! I didn''t necessarily need another yellow diamond but hey, if my hubby wants to give me a beautiful ring like this....who am I to say no! Now I''ll mention to him pink or blue diamonds but I won''t tell him prices. That''ll sure scare him away!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
WOW Diane! That ring is absolutely stunning!!
18.gif
30.gif
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Heather

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Who is the designer? Something about all the tiny sparklies is reminding me of some other pieces I have seen.
Did you just happen upon the smaller version of the 10ct? So, so pretty.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I must say that you have a better collection of jewelry than any Royals!!!!!!

That ring, like all of the others, is to die for!!!!
30.gif
How do you pick which ring to wear?!?!?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly...your ring is amazing!
30.gif
I''m speechless....
9.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks hlmr!

Ann...I don't know yet who it is. I think it is someone out of New York but don't quote me on that yet. I'm thinking about working with him to 're-do' some of my other stones. His work is incredible. My jeweler finally told me that I would never be happy with 'standard' mountings and that I should work with a designer and promptly showed us the 10 ct. My hubby saw more when he went in to buy this one but I wasn't with him. Hopefully, I'll know soon.

UCLAbelle....Thank you! That's very kind of you but I sure would love the Royal collection!
28.gif
Decisions, decisions.....actually if I only take a few pieces out of the safe at once then there aren't too many decisions to be made cuz I'm too lazy to open and close the safe on a daily basis. I guess if it was convenient to get in and out of then I'd really have a problem!

Thanks brightspot!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
didiamond, wow oh wow!!! It''s amazing. That is some ring girlfriend!!! I love it!! Yummy color and love the design!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
I''m speechless..it''s just gorgeous and looks beautiful on you...

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
My jaw just hit the desk! It is stunning! Normally I am not a heart shaped fan, but the combination of the yellow color and the halo make this ring a stunner!
30.gif
The gallery is gorgeous too!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s beautiful!
I want Christmas presents like that!
3.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, wow, wow! I don''t normally like heart-shaped diamonds, but that is absolutely gorgeous! What a piece for your collection!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh Di you have the prettiest things!!

I''m not really a heart fan but I love fancy yellows and that one looks like a beautiful color!

re: the depth and sparkles, colored stones are cut to retain COLOR and not cut with the same ''grade quality'' in mind that we think of when we are so picky about our colorless or near colorless stones....so your stone may be deeper because it would retain more color that way in the heart/body of the stone? interesting difference eh?!

Beautiful!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Didiamond, that ring is soo cute!! I love the heart shape too (there aren''t too many on here)!!
30.gif
30.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! I don''t really love hearts, but your ring definitely has changed my mind!!
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is a show stopper and the yellow color is amazing! What a beauty!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Like I said in the other thread..."WOW" that ring is awesome!!
If you have this one out and I''d pay to see the honkers you have in your safe!
27.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! That ring is gorgeous!! I had to go look up your collection after seeing this ring and may I say WOW
30.gif
to your collection and WOW
30.gif
to your newest addition!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results