shape
carat
color
clarity

3.51 ct Fancy Yellow Heart

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is stunning. Just one question, do you wear the tip up like how you were wearing it in the picture?

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a gorgeous rock! I''m not normally a colored diamond person, but that yellow is just beautiful. I also love the rows of pave? around the pavilion.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much to everybody for all of your lovely words! I've only shown it to a few of my friends as of yet. I don't wear it every day because I'm so afraid of losing one of the little diamonds. Crazy but true!!

kaleigh...I have to tell you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new avatar! HOW did you get such an awesome picture of your rings?

For all of you lovely ladies that said they didn't like hearts....neither did I! I never would have said "let's go find a heart shaped diamond." After all of these years and all of the shapes I've gone through, I would never have pegged me to own one. BUT I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like it on my finger. I guess NEVER SAY NEVER.

Mara...thanks for the info about the color and depth. It makes sense then. You have taken any doubts that I had right out of my mind. Thank you!

tacori...yes. Aren't you supposed to wear it so that someone looking at it can see the shape? Like with a pear? If not, oh well. I can turn it around and look at it myself all day long!!! hehehe

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning! What a beautiful ring. Personally, I would have to wear it so that I saw the heart right side up. It would drive me crazy to wear it "upside down". Who cares how everyone sees it???
1.gif

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I would wear it so that the heart was facing me. Seems strange to be upside down, but I am not really heart fan (except for yours!) so I have never really noticed how people wear them.

Congrats on a gorgeous ring!!

feathers

Rough_Rock
Didiamond, it doesn''t matter how you wear it. It is just stunning!!
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
didiamond
35.gif

WOW!!! congrats, another amazing ring in your collection.
36.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a total fancy colored diamond know-next-to-nothing-can''t-afford-one-anyway gal. Your new ring looks spectacular! I am also not a fan of heart-shaped anythings, but I think the "halo" setting really makes your ring look gorgeous, as well as the pave on the band itself. Wow, wow, wow!!! That is one awesome ring, and I have once again been spoiled by pricescope eye candy! G.E.M. is rearing its cute little head! (it''s probably been brought up before, but isn''t it ironic that the acronym for "green eyed monster" is GEM?) LOL!
face23.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2006 1:02:10 PM
Author:didiamond

The only thing I kind of question (since I didn't choose it) is the depth of the stone. But what kind of depth are heart shaped diamonds supposed to be around? Is it too shallow? I mean, it's not like you can see it from the gallery and it sparkles all over the place or am I just letting the 'numbers' get to me?!?!
What a beauty! And hard to find prize to boot
2.gif

Re color and cut: From the pictures alone I would have guessed it is more than 'fancy yellow' - such impressive color!

There aren't many colored diamonds talked about around here - let alone this fine and large. And it wouldn't me to refrain from a quick note
38.gif

For once, the proportions of the cut do not affect the color grade - because fancy color diamonds unlike the colorless are graded face up. Basically, what you see if what you get. Surely the cutter would have worried about what proportions would do to the apparent color, but you don't have to. It does happen that the color grade improved after a clever recut (one example I know of turned 'fancy intense' from straight 'fancy yellow' after minor recutting and regrading - I don't know nearly enough to guess what exactly was done).

The bit of info does go a bit over my head, but it seems that shallow pavilion angles help color. So does depth - but you need both. On brilliant cut stones having both cannot happen (the angle of the pavilion dictates depth), but the radiant cut is meant just for that - and this makes it so popular for fancy yellows. The same logic applies to other shapes that are cut in a similar manner (called Barion style) - say, ovals and cushions. Hearts may allow the same effect, but I don't see how...

50% depth is a bonus for a heart shape - more often than not they are shallower. I am sure the rest of the cut was carefully arranged to show the best color possible. There is something special about heart shaped fancies - set in metal of matching color, the apparent color of the diamond is much improved. On your stone, the large table must have helped this effect even more: the ring must have been designed with a yellow gold bezel for this reason. Such large stones get special treatment and set to show their best. So lucky !
5.gif

The Vg-Ex finish grades are very unusual for a heart, let alone a fancy colored one! Wow. Great find, really.

Quick question: I remember you also have a fancy yellow radiant. How does the color of the two compare in person? The heart ring looks so striking
9.gif

Sorry if this is way long... The ring is impressive and had to spell that out somehow
10.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, that is one heck of a gorgeous ring. I love it. Enjoy the heart, whichever way you wear it. It''s beautiful.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

As you can probably guess, I LOVE your ring. Yellow diamonds and hearts are among my favorites.
It is soooo gorgeous. It looks well on your hand.

Congratulations!!!! Wear it in the best of health.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Bloody hell !

Just when we all thought your collection couldn''t possibly get any better!

Enjoy! and thank you for sharing the pictures with us!

Blod
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: valeria101

Quick question: I remember you also have a fancy yellow radiant. How does the color of the two compare in person? The heart ring looks so striking
9.gif
Great question Ana!

Diane...I agree that that gorgeous heart looks more intense than a ''mere'' fancy yellow....

YUM!
30.gif

widget

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It stunning. What a beautiful heart!!!
30.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Help me!! I''m having yellow heart palpatations!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

What a lovely ring!!!
9.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Didiamond your new ring, like all your other rings, is so breathtaking. It looks so unique, and sweet, and the color is simply divine!
30.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 11:32:30 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
Absolutely stunning! What a beautiful ring. Personally, I would have to wear it so that I saw the heart right side up. It would drive me crazy to wear it ''upside down''. Who cares how everyone sees it???
1.gif

I agree, but no matter what it is beautiful!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is simply gorgeous! Congratulations on another beautiful ring.

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
The Royal Collection was the right phrase! What I would do to be in your shoes.

If you find some extra time can you take a new picture of your collection? You have added many pieces since then. If you need a spare hand just give me a call.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I''m speechless....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

A bling thing

Rough_Rock
Your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I would love to see the other beauties in your collection that the others are talking about on here. Do you have another yellow diamond as well?

WOW!!!!

awaiting1

Rough_Rock
"UCLAbelle....Thank you! That's very kind of you but I sure would love the Royal collection! Decisions, decisions.....actually if I only take a few pieces out of the safe at once then there aren't too many decisions to be made cuz I'm too lazy to open and close the safe on a daily basis. I guess if it was convenient to get in and out of then I'd really have a problem!

Thanks brightspot!"

oh dear, the woes of life.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results