shape
carat
color
clarity

3.2 ct G w/Pave Setting Anniversary Gift

sunlvr

Rough_Rock
After a 2 year search, tweaking my specs I finally found the right stone to give to my wife for a 15 year anniversary gift (now, 16 years since it took so long to find the right diamond :shifty: ).

I started off looking at 4+ CT J SI stones, but after very close examination and looking at a lot of diamonds in the 3 to 4ct+ range, I determined that I could definitely tell the color difference between a J and an F/G/H colored stone. Since my wife currently has a 1.3 ct D stone, I thought the J color might be too much of a departure, so I scaled back the size and went for better color. (As was suggested to me by several jewelers as well as Martin Sheffield (of US Certified Diamonds) who ultimately helped broker the deal for me). See my previous posts.

Specifications:
Size: 3.2 ct
9.47x9.43x5.84mm
Table: 57%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown A: 35
Pav A: 40.8
Color: G
Clarity: SI-2 (white twining wisps, eye clean)
GIA triple Ex
Fluor: None
Culet: None
Thin to STK girdle

HCA: 1.7

The diamond performance is excellent. Super brilliance with excellent light return and super flashes of light. I had three difference appraisers look at the diamond (one in Chicago, and 2 in Boston). All three said stone is closer to F side of G versus H, so the diamond is icy white. Good choice as compared to her existing ring. See photos (2 posts).

_23667.jpg

_23668.jpg

_23669.jpg

img_5942.jpg

DC519

Rough_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: Looooovvvvveee!!!!!!!! So beautiful! Nothing prettier than a stunning round on a pave band, so so gorgeous!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, what a beautiful ring and amazing anniversary gift!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! Happy Anniversary!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic!!! Happy anniversary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results