shape
carat
color
clarity

3.18 ct L VS1 OEC in Gabbie Halo from Love Affair Diamonds

redleaf

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I’m a long-time lurker who has used PS as a knowledge resource for many years. I wanted to share pictures of my new ring. I purchased the diamond and the Gabbie Halo setting from Erica at Love Affair Diamonds (LAD). Erica was great to work with, very response and made for an easy transaction. I know some of you PSers are experts at Ebay and finding amazing deals on old cuts. I don’t have the stomach for that kind of risk, so I appreciate having a trusted vendor like Erica to cherry-pick stones and offer them at a great price.

The stats of the stone are: 3.18 ct L VS1 (GIA) OEC, 8.96 x 9.03 x 5.9. The link to the original stone is here:

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/sold-3-18ct-loose-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-l-vs1/

The Gabbie Halo is size is 4.25, platinum. I also purchased the Angel Band in platinum. Both have J/K melee. Before I purchased these settings, I went to a local jewelry store to check out settings, and the prices were much higher than what LAD was offering. In particular, I looked at a few A.Jaffe settings that were clunky and rough in comparison to LAD’s settings, and for a much higher price.

After the agonizing wait period, I received the ring yesterday. The diamond came alive in the setting! Its difficult to photograph the liveliness of the reflections and the light play in the stone. It’s a beautiful sparkly disco ball!

Anyhoohoo, here are the pictures:

redleaf_hand1_2.jpg
redleaf_hand2.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 3.18 ct L VS1 OEC in Gabbie Halo from Love Affair Diamo

Your new set looks amazing! :appl: Great finger coverage, too! Can we see some profile shots, please?! Thx!

redleaf

Rough_Rock
More pictures:

Side view:
redleaf_green1.jpg

Pictures with Lilacs:

redleaf_lilac1.jpg
redleaf_lilac2.jpg
redleaf_lilac3.jpg
redleaf_lilac4.jpg

Zoomed in:

redleaf_lilac3zoom_0.jpg

redleaf

Rough_Rock

More:

redleaf_rocks4.jpg
redleaf_rocks5.jpg
redleaf_rocks6.jpg

redleaf

Rough_Rock

Here are the CADs for those who like to see CADs in comparison to the final product. Note that there were diamonds on the donut in these CADs, but I had them remove those.

redleaf_cad1_0.jpg
redleaf_cad2.jpgredleaf_cad3.jpg

redleaf

Rough_Rock

Last one - picture of the ring with the kitty.

redleaf_cat1.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous gorgeous ring! The set looks great!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now that is a big stone! Its a lovely ring with lots of presence. Love the gallery work and the profile shot. :tongue:

OECsareforLovers

Shiny_Rock

Holy moly that's a beauty! Congratulations!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a gorgeously warm OEC!!! The setting is amazing and the complete set is as well.
Enjoy your lovely and lively set.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A spectacular OEC in a beautiful setting. The set looks great on you! Glad you are happy with the end product.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

it's spectacular.. I love how it is femine and bold.. if you understand what I mean.. wish it were mine :)

redleaf|1399826788|3670428 said:
Hello everyone! I’m a long-time lurker who has used PS as a knowledge resource for many years. I wanted to share pictures of my new ring. I purchased the diamond and the Gabbie Halo setting from Erica at Love Affair Diamonds (LAD). Erica was great to work with, very response and made for an easy transaction. I know some of you PSers are experts at Ebay and finding amazing deals on old cuts. I don’t have the stomach for that kind of risk, so I appreciate having a trusted vendor like Erica to cherry-pick stones and offer them at a great price.

The stats of the stone are: 3.18 ct L VS1 (GIA) OEC, 8.96 x 9.03 x 5.9. The link to the original stone is here:

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/sold-3-18ct-loose-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-l-vs1/

The Gabbie Halo is size is 4.25, platinum. I also purchased the Angel Band in platinum. Both have J/K melee. Before I purchased these settings, I went to a local jewelry store to check out settings, and the prices were much higher than what LAD was offering. In particular, I looked at a few A.Jaffe settings that were clunky and rough in comparison to LAD’s settings, and for a much higher price.

After the agonizing wait period, I received the ring yesterday. The diamond came alive in the setting! Its difficult to photograph the liveliness of the reflections and the light play in the stone. It’s a beautiful sparkly disco ball!

Anyhoohoo, here are the pictures:

redleaf_hand1_2.jpg
redleaf_hand2.jpg

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

What a lovely setting for a gorgeous OEC! :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good Lord, that's spectacular!!!!! :love: :o

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just gorgeous!!!! :love: Love that setting with your stone! And I think the wedding band is perfect with it!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow. :love: :cheeky: Just... WOW!! Now that's a ring!! Love your little furbaby too!! ^..^

-Bella-

Rough_Rock

WOW!!!!!! Its beautiful!!! I love the setting, and the stone has some sheer lovely-ness about it :D !!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations!! That is a gorgeous stone and a beautiful set. Wear in health and happiness.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Yum!!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Absolutely beautiful setting for your gorgeous OEC!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats, it looks amazing and great finger coverage is a bonus as well!!!!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock

Love it! I like how you've kept the shank plain but beefed it up a little, I'm not a fan of thin shanks and yours is perfect. The wedding band is a perfect match, I bet you must have the most beautiful wedding rings around your group of friends!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Spectacular :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous diamond & setting! Congrats & Enjoy!

redleaf

Rough_Rock

Everyone, thank you for your kind comments! :D I've had a couple upgrades along the way, but I'm pretty sure DSS won't hit me with this one. The halo is extra insurance for that. :halo: I know some people might think it looks a little ridiculous, but in the past it was caring too much of what other people might think that lead to a smaller upgrade stone, and thus, remorse and DSS. The lesson I learned for myself: GO BIG OR GO HOME! :naughty:

SandyCheeks - I specifically asked Erica to make the shank a little wider, especially for the size of the stone. I also like a little thicker shank. I think it's 2.5 mm.

Here's a little size comparison for reference - New ring vs. the solitaire is a 1.264 ct WF ES J SI1 (7mm).

redleaf_sizecompare1.jpg

lioness

Brilliant_Rock

My eyes went :shock: when I saw that ring. Stunning! I love it!! Congratulations!!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This set is honestly perfect. I love it!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! Love the color of your stone. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results