shape
carat
color
clarity

3.14cttw Diamond Studs... pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
So... if you''ve been following my threads I purchased these from Pearlmans clearance section. From Pearlmans they''re top light brown, P1 quality, nearly ideal cut. Some say, "Why buy such a quality?" I say they were (relatively) cheap and why not? I was intrigued enough to purchase them and find out what the real deal was with them. So far I love them but I''m not completely sure what I''m going to do with them. I''m not so great about posting pics so if they don''t show up let me know and I''ll try to fix them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - they look STUNNING! LOVE them!
30.gif
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really do love them and I think they were a great find! Good for you!
36.gif

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
last one unless other shots are wanted...

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I do like them and I think they were a great deal, BUT I''m still a bit unsure about the size... they ARE big for diamonds. Like I said in my other threads, I wear larger pearls everyday yet they''re pearls and not diamonds. From my point of view they''re a great size yet I''m a bit worried about other peoples perception of them. I know... silly... but true.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think they look great.
what are your reservations for keeping them?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think you got quite a deal and they look pretty darn good. I don''t think they look too large on the ear at all. Decide what YOU are comfortable wearing and don''t worry about anyone else.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, MissP...

I think they look lovely...and I wouldn''t let "what others might think" influence my choices in jewelry!!! They''re for YOU not for the rest of the world!

I have a pair of warm colored studs of similar size and I wear them daily and love them.

One thought: Mine are essentially "martini" set, and nestle closer to my earlobes. You might consider remounting yours in martini mountings so that the don''t ''stand out'' from your ear as much...I think they look a little less blingy that way, and also you won''t have any drooping problems.

I say go for it! They''re beautiful!
1.gif

widget

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss Pru, I honestly think they look just the right size on your ears, big enough to be noticeable and classy but not too blingy, I think the warmer colour helps there. Of course it is entirely up to you as you are wearing them, but I think they look just perfect.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had my doubts, but I like them!!!!! I think they look terrific. Let us know what you decide.
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
They look lovely. I''ve never heard the "top light brown" term before. What exactly does that mean? They don''t look brown at all to me.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve never been so much about size, but i must say that those diamonds look perfect on you miss p. very nice. thanks for sharing the pics with us!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top top light brown refers to a slight brownish tint that can be found in some diamonds graded J to L. These diamonds can be a great option as they can face up fairly white, the brown body colour is mainly visible from the side. Top light brown means the same but in diamonds graded from M to O. Hope this helps.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look fabulous!! I think I was expecting to see more brown or something based on the description, but they look very nice on your earlobes!! If I recall correctly weren''t they something like $3k? That''s an amazing price for something like that it seems!

In terms of the size...well that''s something you would need to be comfortable with BUT I can say that I would totally wear that size...I don''t know about DAILY because the only thing I ever really wear daily is my e-ring and w-ring but I would definitely wear them. Who cares what others think and to be REALLY honest, many people will just think they are fake earrings anyway, sad but true!

So I say if you keep them or wear them, do it for yourself, not for others and do not not wear them because of others. Good luck and they look great!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I think that's a great size; the size I would want if I were getting studs. I don't think they look too big at all. But the important thing is that you feel comfortable. Wear them around for a while and see how you feel. Perhaps diamond shrinkage will set in any minute now and they'll start to seem too small
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look gorgeous in the pictures and I agree with others when they say they weren''t sure what to expect. I think it''s one incredible bargin and if you like them, you should keep them. I don''t see a tint to them at all in the pics anyway..

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

They most definitely have a warm tint to them... especially when you hold them in your hands(rather than looking at them in a mirror in your ears). I actually like that they aren''t white because if they were white, EVERYONE would think they were CZs. I will try to get a few more pics because they really aren''t as bad as the pictures look.

The clarity was the major thing I was concerned about and they''re fine... you know how at the mall stores they carry stones where the faceting isn''t really defined because there are so many inclusions... the stones look nearly opaque and kind of cloudy. When I saw P1, that was the first thing that came to mind.... I thought there would be many tiny inclusions. There aren''t. The inclusions are pretty much as Bill Pearlman described: a few visible feathers and maybe some cleavage. From 3 feet away, you can''t really tell though because you so shocked and blinded by the size/sparkle! LOL!

Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss Pru, I was thinking that too, if they were ICY WHITE they could look like CZ''s and these studs don''t at all. If you change your mind, I would gladly take them off your hands!
41.gif
27.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
They''re a great size, and they look lovely on your ears. I like em.

shay

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2006 9:47:49 AM
Author:MissPrudential

...they''re top light brown, P1 quality, nearly ideal cut.

The TLB and ''near ideal'' part can at least be guessed from the pictures. But what makes these ''pique''? There''s nothing in there!

Lucky you
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frankly, I didn''t know what to expect either. However, I am pleasantly surprised!

I think size wise they look great on your ear - and I wouldn''t care what anyone else thought. For that price, they seem like a real find.

Just wear them a few days and then see what you think. I agree with others that not being blindingly white is a plus in that size.

Congrats on a great deal!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look really nice Miss P. Better than I expected and a really nice size.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissP, I think you made a wonderful choice! I''m so glad you included ear shots...those stones look FAB on your ears! And you''re right, if they were completely flawless/icy white, others might think they were CZ''s. I''m really happy for you that you made such a great purchase and it has obviously made you very happy. Enjoy!
36.gif
35.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Just beautiful and full of sparkle! I love your choice - the tint looks GREAT to me!

elle

Shiny_Rock
They are simply stunning! So white for "coffee" colour and they are the perfect size for your ears imho! And for the price!
30.gif
I am so drooling over them!

Just went to his site - he has 2 more pairs??? If I may ask - are the inclusions any cause for concern - structurally? The earrings look fabulous on you - somuch so that I am soooo tempted to get them since my last attempt to get earrings fell through.
31.gif
Hope you keep them and enjoy them!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
They''re GORGEOUS!!!!

Don''t worry what other people think!

Wear them in the best of health.

I''m going to have to check Pearlman''s clearance items too!!!

Great purchase. They look lovely on your ears too.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think they are awesome! Depending on what your general look/age people might or might not think they were CZs. I know if I, being young and casually dressed, wore them, people probably would. But it really doesn''t matter as long as you are happy with them.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone else that said they are the perfect size for your ear! They look fabulous on you!!!! Who cares what other people think. Even if they were icy white and looked like CZ to other people....WHO CARES! You are the one that is enjoying them....no matter what they are. Personally, I truly like the size on your ear. The color looks wonderful in the pictures. I think you did a good job snapping those up! ENJOY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results