shape
carat
color
clarity

3.10ct Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 12:12:32 PM
Author:SilverLily
Hi everyone. I''ve lurked for a long time, but haven''t posted much. I love looking at everyone''s rings.

I just received a new cushion. This will be an upgrade for me from my H&A round that I purchased a few years ago. I am trying to decide how I want to set it...basically halo or no halo. Well, here are a few pics:
yay! my stone has a big sister!!!! they''re the same length but yours is a bit fatter :D I love it!! Both Js too!! I''d love to see how you set yours as well!!! I got all the same advice you''re getting on how to set it but I wanted 8 prongs so I''ve kinda gone off the deep end LOL! Enjoy!! and post more pics!!!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh My Gosh!

You found my stone! ha ha, just kidding!
I love it.
Do you know the l to w ratio off hand? (I''m too lazy to figure it out)
I love the facets.
You will have to take more pictures, it''s so pretty. I can''t wait to see how you set
this beauty. And yes, Mark is a really nice guy.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 4:57:31 PM
Author: Ann
Oh My Gosh!

You found my stone! ha ha, just kidding!
I love it.
Do you know the l to w ratio off hand? (I''m too lazy to figure it out)
I love the facets.
You will have to take more pictures, it''s so pretty. I can''t wait to see how you set
this beauty. And yes, Mark is a really nice guy.
it is 1:1.17 :)

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
11.gif

Sitting on SilverLily's right shoulder wearing a devil's outfit & whispering, "Haloooooooooooooooooooo!"
11.gif

I agree that the stone is huge and a stunner. The chunky facets are sooo yummy. But I just love cushions with halos! They're practically the only shape that halos truly complement!

Psssssst...haloooooooooooooo!
11.gif
Not a huge one, just a teeny tiny halo to add some sparkly and emphasize the gorgeous shape!
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 5:51:21 PM
Author: Julian
11.gif

Sitting on SilverLily''s right shoulder wearing a devil''s outfit & whispering, ''Haloooooooooooooooooooo!''
11.gif

I agree that the stone is huge and a stunner. The chunky facets are sooo yummy. But I just love cushions with halos! They''re practically the only shape that halos truly complement!

Psssssst...haloooooooooooooo!
11.gif
Not a huge one, just a teeny tiny halo to add some sparkly and emphasize the gorgeous shape!
11.gif
My thoughts EXACTLY.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I vote for split shank (with or w/o pave) and claw prongs. I just love that look for a cushion.

Because this is one of my favorite rings, I feel compelled to post pics of the Pokey Special to illustrate.

pokey special.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably skip the pave on the prongs with a white center stone (although they really pop against the green).

pokey special 2.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful!!! I so love cushions!! Whatever you stick that puppy in, it''s going to look stunning!! I don''t even think I could vote -- you can''t go wrong!

Can''t wait for hand pics!

dmarielevin

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your new stone- it is really beautiful!!!

I recently got a cushion as well (2.4 carats) and had the same dilemma trying to figure out if I wanted to do a halo or not. I love the halo look but I decided against it. I wanted to focus more on the stone and I thought that the halo might take away from it. I think diamondgirl777 is a really pretty look. I went with Leon Mege style number 313- (pictures r367 and r506 on his website). I think that either halo or no halo your ring will be beautiful!!! Can''t wait to see pictures!

chiguy

Rough_Rock
Amazing!!!! Can''t wait to get my cushion as well.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Stunning, beautiful stone! No halo, split shank.

But no matter what you decide, it will still be stunning!!
30.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
split shank pave is my choice! is your RB in a Memoire setting? The side diamonds look like Memoire''s. Love your diamonds!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I am a halo lover but for this beautiful stone. I vote No Halo. I think it would be beautiful without the halo.
30.gif

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Cehrabehra, I agree that our stones could be sisters! They are so very similar. I can''t wait to see how you set yours.

jenniegirlm, I don''t think my setting for my RB is memoire, though it looks very similar to Memoire with the tiny prongs. I got this setting from Bailey Banks & Biddle. It does not have "Memoire" stamped on the inside, but I think it is a good copy of one!

wrstacks: The wedding band that I had to wear with my current e-ring was just a plain platinum band, but I stopped wearing it because the diamonds from the band were scratching it up too much. So even though I am an old married woman of 12 years, I have been wearing my e-ring alone (I already have a 3 stone ring that I wear on my right hand, so can''t wear wedding band on that hand.) With the new cushion, however, I hope to have a setting that would allow a wedding band to go with it.

decodedelighted: I LOVE that east-west Leon Mege. What a beautiful ring!

Kay, I also love that split shank Pokey special. That has to be one of the most beautiful rings on PS. The green stone is gorgeous.

I hope to make a decision soon so that I can wear this beautiful stone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just FYI, my Memoire ring does not have Memoire stamped inside it, so that doesn''t mean yours isn''t Memoire. I think BBB carries Memoire, too.

I love your new stone! I see it set in a LEON!!!!

susi

Shiny_Rock
SilverLily, cushions are at the top of my list of favorites and yours is just the prettiest thing. Congratulations, on a lovely choice!

It will be fun to see how you finally decide to set it.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
your cushion ring is sooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its soo sparkly! i love how its set sideways instead of vertically, because i always thought that when they are sideways they are soo pretty. it reminds me of leann rimes ring. i hope i can get a 3ct blinder like yours!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just love cushion cuts. I really like cushion cuts with the chunky facets like your beautiful stone has. Wow...I think it would look stunning in a halo. Post hand pictures when you decided what style you''ll go with.
30.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful cushion! I wouldn't have it set with anything else - just by itself in a 4 prong platinum setting. It doesn't need any helpers.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 4:15:16 PM
Author: SilverLily
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Cehrabehra, I agree that our stones could be sisters! They are so very similar. I can''t wait to see how you set yours.

jenniegirlm, I don''t think my setting for my RB is memoire, though it looks very similar to Memoire with the tiny prongs. I got this setting from Bailey Banks & Biddle. It does not have ''Memoire'' stamped on the inside, but I think it is a good copy of one!

wrstacks: The wedding band that I had to wear with my current e-ring was just a plain platinum band, but I stopped wearing it because the diamonds from the band were scratching it up too much. So even though I am an old married woman of 12 years, I have been wearing my e-ring alone (I already have a 3 stone ring that I wear on my right hand, so can''t wear wedding band on that hand.) With the new cushion, however, I hope to have a setting that would allow a wedding band to go with it.

decodedelighted: I LOVE that east-west Leon Mege. What a beautiful ring!

Kay, I also love that split shank Pokey special. That has to be one of the most beautiful rings on PS. The green stone is gorgeous.

I hope to make a decision soon so that I can wear this beautiful stone!

I think it probably is from Memoire. BBB carries Memoire, although they don''t advertise in in their cases. The first time I went there I just asked for diamond bands so they led me their only case of bands without telling me who the designer was. On my second visit, when I found out BBB carried Memoire, I speciifcally asked for Memoire bands and the salesperson led me to the *same* case with the same bands I tried on before - I was surprised!

DS2006 is right, the rings aren''t stamped with "Memoire" on it... I guess you got the real thing without even knowing it.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2006 8:19:49 PM
Author: jenniegirlm

I think it probably is from Memoire. BBB carries Memoire, although they don''t advertise in in their cases. The first time I went there I just asked for diamond bands so they led me their only case of bands without telling me who the designer was. On my second visit, when I found out BBB carried Memoire, I speciifcally asked for Memoire bands and the salesperson led me to the *same* case with the same bands I tried on before - I was surprised!

DS2006 is right, the rings aren''t stamped with ''Memoire'' on it... I guess you got the real thing without even knowing it.
1.gif
Well, if it is, I surely wouldn''t take the round stone out of that setting! I''d alternate wearing the round and the cushion!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for a thin pave style halo, with tiny melees, like 1 pointers. your stone is stunning!!! i love the fat facets look. that thing''ll will put someone''s eye out!
9.gif

whatever you decide, i''m sure it''ll be gorgeous!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that stone is gorgeous!! I hope to someday have a cushion (prob won''t be that big unfortunately!!!
2.gif
) I love halos and hope to someday have a halo ring myself but that stone is BIG! If I were to do halo with that ring I would try a very tiny halo or something i''ve seen where its not a halo around the stone but a halo set below the stone, does anyone know what I mean? I have no idea what thats called though. It adds some extra bling but the stone is still front and center. I also vote for having Leon do your setting, a stone that gorgeous deserves the best!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone...it''s going to be a stunner in whatever throne you decide it should sit in!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I can''t believe I missed this. Sorry for the late post. This is a loverly cushion. It looks like it reflects alot of wonderful colors. Congratulations on a FAB stone purchase.

Just love cushions in all of their variety.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous.
I vote for no halo and a pave split shank to set it off without competing with it.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!
30.gif
30.gif
I really am loving your cushion! I vote definitely no halo with a beauty of a stone like that!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful!!! I wonder how I missed this one
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Silverlily...can''t wait to see the setting you choose for your beautiful stone. I vote no halo, of course
1.gif
What a huge and gorgeous rock!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results