shape
carat
color
clarity

26 days and counting....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
So... I dropped off my diamond at my jewelers to have it sent to Gelin Abaci to be set into tension setting TR-004. They gleefully told me it would be ten days...and being the sucker that I am, said..."oh, ok...great!". Now, I''m not dumb enough to think that it will actually be done in ten days...and I understand that I have to allow for shipping time...but here we are...day 26...and now there''s a new chapter to my saga..

I got the long awaited for phone call from my jeweler that my ring had arrived. I am soooo excited. We run to the jeweler, carefully opening the pretty blue box and wrappings. My husband insists that he is going to put the diamond back on my finger where it belongs...and he would have...IF IT FIT !!!!! It''s too small. Will not even get close to my knuckle, much less over my knuckle. I don''t get it. I was standing there when Gelin Abaci was called by my jeweler before we even dropped off my diamond. He sized my finger, told them what size my finger was. Told them what my knuckle measured. Explained that my prior ring was a 4.75 with two small sizing beads, and that that was still a little big. We agreed that Gelin Abaci would know what size it needed to be. The size they made my ring was a 4. With two medium size beads. Oh my goodness. My wedding band is a 4.5 and occasionally slips off my finger, so I am sure a 4 would probably be ok without the beads, but... why would they put the beads on?

So now, here I am....waiting approximately another two weeks...sigh....I''ve been married less than 6 months and had my diamond on my finger less than two.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a bummer... Hope everything works out quickly so you can have your sparkles back!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
So sorry it''s taking so long but it will be soooo worth it when you get it back.
21.gif

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
If the local guy took the beads out, the warranty would have been voided. Thats the funny part... one of the reasons I chose Gelin Abaci is the quality workmanship. I''ve had nothing but trouble with the "local" guys workmanship, but figured it would be alright as long as he doesn''t touch it ( my husband is a loyal customer, and has been trying very hard to maintain a working relationship with them). So, I guess I shouldn''t be complaining that it has to be sent back to GA, I''m just so sad not to have it.

I''m still worried about a size 4 ring fitting properly though. For instance, I just now pulled on my 4.5 wedding band, and yes it came off with a slight tug. I hope everything I''ve read about tension bands running a little big.....sigh.

NuiX

Rough_Rock
It will be gorgeous and unparalleled when it returns! I know it is hard now, but a lifetime of comfort and happiness with your setting is well worth the wait! Also, if you are worried about it not being the right size and having to send it back a third time, you may want to try on rings with similar settings in various sizes in conjunction with your wedding band to ease your mind. Better to call GA while they still have your ring if you want to change things up than to wait until it is back!

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
Its not that easy with a tension setting, sadly. They are made to size due to the tension (at least that''s what I understood). I think what makes me the maddest and saddest is that we were on the phone with GA telling them exactly what my finger measured and she ASSURED him this is the size we wanted...grrr....sigh...lol

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
I am so sorry...............how long do they think it''s going to take THIS time? I would be devistated after waiting 26 days already!

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
I talked to the jeweler today and was given two options.

1. They were given "permission" by Gelin Abaci to cut out / file down the beads. As long as they don''t use heat, it won''t void the warranty. My jeweler could have it done by next Tuesday. BUT if anything goes wrong, or it needs more than just the beads removed, it will have to be sent to GA anyway.

2. I could pay extra for next day shipping. GA would inhouse rush it (more fees) which would be 5-7 working days after it arrives. They do the work, check the quality, and ship it back to me. ETA....about two weeks.

I chose to let Gelin Abaci do the work. Let them take the responsibility of quality control. I have included a note saying again what size my finger is. Besides, I''m not sure I trust the person who does the work at my local jeweler. Twice she worked on white gold items for me and both times she forgot to replate them after they were heated. Twice my diamonds fell out...could be a fluke. Or not...?

So....two more weeks.....lol

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
As horrible as it is go to yet another 2 weeks without your ring, I think you definately made the right decision. And I know for me it would hard to make the right decision, I''d want that ring back on my paw.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results