shape
carat
color
clarity

23rd Street Jewelers + OEC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Introducing my ering! Tina from 23rd Street was truly a dream to work with, she and the craftsman being perfect almost as if it was their own. The craftsmanship is immaculate, and the prices are much more reasonable than I think people realize. It was an amazingly pleasant and painless process - I talked to Tina about my ideas, what was important to me, and my ideas were executed in a ring more beautiful than I could have even imagined!

The stone was sourced through Ari at Single Stone, and while the first custom setting my fiance got made at Single Stone last year before he proposed didn''t end up working out, Ari was completely upstanding and made it very easy for my fiance to start fresh.

Stats: 1.43 OEC [transitional], H VS1
I picked this stone out of many, with my eyes, for the clear, symmetrical checkerboard pattern. It''s so frustrating that I can''t seem to capture it in the pictures - but we definitely tried! Here come a lot of pictures, so please bear with me. Thanks for looking!

First up, the pics from the makeshift lightbox my FI constructed last night - he was obsessed with getting these pictures!

jjclbcollage.JPG

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Getting a good picture of the facets is so hard! You can see the blue stripes from my shirt in some of these
5.gif

jjccollage2.JPG

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
The profile. He even milgrained the space created by the cathedral arms!
30.gif
The ring ended up with 38 melee stones - we''d only discussed 8 max! I didn''t know I''d be so comfortable with all this bling
3.gif
There are tiny stones in the swoops of the basket, under the swoops, and all around!

jjccollage3.JPG

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Handshots and a pic of the graduated melee on the tapered shank:

jccollage4.JPG

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I just adore this facet pattern -- your stone has such an individual (and gorgeous!) personality, and it looks just *perfect* on your hand.
30.gif
Congratulations!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
And finally...diamond in the sun and a little fire
31.gif

I love how the diamond goes steely gray/blue in the sun, and is often very blue indoors as well. No fluorescence, so
33.gif
But we love it!

jjccollage8.JPG

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well *this* was a title that definitely caught my eye!

Ohhhhh, gorgeous! Wow, I love the head and the stone looks huge on your hand.
30.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much dreamer_d, lightningbug, iluvcarats, and Hest88.

But OMG I''m freaking out - is that a chip??

DSC00410.JPG

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 1:15:16 AM
Author: jjc
Thank you so much dreamer_d, lightningbug, iluvcarats, and Hest88.

But OMG I'm freaking out - is that a chip??
Phew I'm pretty sure it's a natural...

Thank you so much for your kind comments! This has been quite a journey
37.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous diamond! I love the facet pattern and the beautiful setting. Congratulations!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ring! The stone is gorgeous, and the work on the head - perfection! And, totally agree that''s a natural.
41.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely lovely, and I like that they milgrained the entire thing. It looks great on you.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! I love your ring, and that profile is swoon worthy!
30.gif

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to you! WHAT A GORGEOUS RING!!
3.gif
30.gif
I'm loving the profile of it. Its a beauty!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so gorgeous!! I love the cut and it''s so bright and looks huge! I would''ve guessed it was 0.5ct bigger than it is. Love love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results