shape
carat
color
clarity

20th Anniversary Ring - 5 Years Early!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Soooo, I had a three stone on my wish list for our 20th wedding anniversary but this gorgeous ring caught my eye. I alerted DH to the website link and, being the wonderful man he is, it is now on my finger for our 15th wedding anniversary. Many thanks to the wonderful Erica at LAD for making it happen!

I just love this ring - not quite as much as I love DH but pretty close.

Center stone: 1.56ct , I/J color, SI1 clarity, measures 7.43 x 7.43 x 4.57mm, with faint blue fluorescence.

Side stones: 1.08ct, J/K, SI2, 6.45 x 6.35 x 4.20mm and 1.14ct I/J, SI1, 6.54 x 6.55 x 4.32mm.

TCW of centre stones estimated 3.78cts with an additional .25ct of melee.

Here's a link to Erica's pictures and video...

http://loveaffairdiamonds.smugmug.com/Vintage-Rings/Old-European-Cut-Diamond-3Ston/

Photography is not my strong point but here are some of my pics ...

dsc_0551.jpg

dsc_0552.jpg

dsc_0553.jpg

dsc_213.jpg

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on 15 years - gorgeous ring, one of the nicest 3 stones I have seen. Lots of finger coverage there, enjoy! :wavey:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks ArkieB, LLJ & Monny

I'm very lucky to have a man who understands and supports my bling addiction.

I do have some lovely jewelry but this piece is, next to my engagement ring, my all time favourite piece. We did toy with the idea of getting AVRs but really loved the idea of owning a historical piece loved and worn by women before me. Luckily for me it came on the market when it did and it fits perfectly - it is just meant to be on my finger for a while before it goes to the next generation.

Funnily enough, my 21 year old daughter who is not particularly into bling (although she does have a lovely collection of her own just because she has me for a mother) absolutely loves the ring too and is now wanting to look at antique jewelry to add to her collection. Oh dear - a monster of my own creation. :shock:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on 15 years! It's a beautiful ring. Love the flora details and soft vintage feel of the ring. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! Great bling and finger coverage :appl:
Lovely details!!! I love the side view.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Many thanks Acinom & TheCat - I love the fact that it's over 100 years old - such beautiful workmanship which has stood the test of time. I'm very, very lucky. :dance:

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
Wow, wow, wow-what a find! The facet patterns on the OECs are so gorgeous and I love how intricate the setting is. Congratulations on 15 years!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG what a gorgeous ring! :love: It's amazing. The facet patterns in each OEC and the coverage you are getting and oh just about everything is just perfect with this ring.

Happy Anniversary!!!! And btw I would say this is a perfect 15th wedding anniversary gift so you still can have your 20th wide open for another blingtastic gift! :bigsmile:

Enjoy in health and happiness!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you Tmot14.

Missy - while I love the way you're thinking, I strongly suspect I will be served with divorce papers if I come up with any more large diamonds that "I must have else I'll just die"! A good, patient and generous man he is but he does have limits apparently. :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a ring - I love how well the three stones match!

Great finger presence yet the setting is somehow delicate - it looks beautiful on you! Enjoy!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
That ring is beautiful. Enjoy it and congratulations on your anniversary.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
This is, by far, one of the prettiest old cut 3-stone rings I've ever seen. I'm beyond envious. The stones are incredibly well matched and bright. The profile is devastatingly beautiful. The patina of the metal is icing on an already decadent cake. Bonus: It looks HUGE on your hand too :) :) :) Please, please post more photos.

Congratulations on your new ring! It's amazing!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
last four - two of which were taken by Erica showing a comparison between "my" ring and her own engagement ring (hope she doesn't mind me using her pics) ...

dsc_0570.jpg

dsc_0571.jpg

erica_picture_1.jpg

erica_picture_2.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
This is just a gorgeous 3 stone! I love the proportions and how it is just a solid wall of icey white bling!!!!

Congrats on your anniversary!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! That is simply one of the most gorgeous OEC rings I have ever seen :love: :love: :love:
It's insanely beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy your stunning ring :appl:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you SB - it is indeed a wall of ice - it looks like Erica's pictures most of the time. Mesmerizing. I still struggle to believe its mine! :dance: By the way, I love the eternity bands you have on in your Avatar - where did you get them? Do you have other pictures? I'm looking for inspiration for bands to go with my new ring.

Woofmama - thank you for your kind comments. It is lovely to have people to share my joy with.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you-- so lovely! When you have time, I hope you'll post in the 3-stone thread too :)

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your ring is gorgeous!
Congratulations on 15 years! I am celebrating 25!
All the best to you and your family and enjoy that gorgeous bling! :D

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful :love: Love love love the profile and the the finger coverage is not too shabby :naughty: :bigsmile:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
RandG - as per your request, it is now listed on the "3-stone ring girls - are you out there" thread. I recall that I was lusting after your Tiffany which you posted on that site. I'm very happy now to be able to play in the 3-stone sandpit.

Indeed, Diamondbug - I am hoping I wont suffer the dreaded DSS with this one - there's not much more finger real estate left for a bigger one!

Madison2 - thank you for your kind words and congrats yourself on 25 years. That's some achievement in this day and age.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really wonderful!

cheers--Sharon

EC4me

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Your new ring is absolutely exquisite!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results