shape
carat
color
clarity

2+ Asscher- tapered or straight baguettes- Pics Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I did it! I finally registered! It feels good.
35.gif
Hi everyone!

So my boyfriend and I have been looking at 2.5 carat Asschers. I LOVE the cut! I love the clean lines but opulent look! The problem is that they are rarely set with baguettes in the stores because of the halo trend, which is beautiful but not my taste.

That being said, can you please help me by posting pictures of 2+ ct Asschers with tapered or straight baguettes? I think I like tapered, but I''m wondering if straight baguettes would better follow the straight lines of the stone.

Thank you! In return I vow to post pictures when the ring is on my finger!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I preferred tapered with my 1.5 ct asscher ... here''s a kind of head-on photo ... will try to find something more focused. I thought the taper of the baguette echoed the taper *inside* the centerstone (area between windmills tapering toward centerpoint). And tapered baguettes also seem at home on the finger -- tapering away from the center & receding down the finger. Suits the application if you will. JMHO.

redecocolors23.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm. A little clearer but doesn''t really show the mirroring I''m trying to describe (internal vs. external).

frontwpurple23.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
I agree with deco... I like that the taper echoes the windmill as well. Her ring just f l o w s .Typically, I like the tapered baguettes as well; for myself it has a more flowing, delicate look. Sometimes the straight baguette sides can look "blocky" imvho (though I love baugette eternity bands- very clean looking).

Just throwing this out there, but... I also love step cut trapezoids with Asschers.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the process of a re-do of my 7.3 x 7.3 asscher into this style. This is not my stone as it is pretty massive......

ss-redo (2).jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice find, Kellyfish ... here's a pix of my ORIGINAL dream asscher ring ... but I couldn't get the proportions right for my hand size & a 6.5x6.5 stone.

As you can see ... there are straight bags, set two ways almost like your example! So ... HA ... I guess I *did* like straight bags at one point.
3.gif

ETA: the ring pictured is from Nelson Rarities and was, I believe, a 2.26 ct stone. (long since SOLD)

decodreamring87.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a daniel k with straight baguettes just to compare (this asscher is only 1 carat)

danielkasscherpearl.png

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
The Nelson Rarities above is the first Asscher I ever fell in love with years ago! I always thought I''d replicate it exactly, but I think I''ve decided that the vertical baguette doesn''t really add much to it. I even printed it out and brought it to some jewelers but in the end I think just one baguette per side is completely sufficient.

All shown above are really pretty! Thanks for posting!! And I totally agree with your point that the tapered baguettes really look stunning adjacent to the windmills! Good call! I still haven''t seen a 2.5ish asscher with baguettes in person or online anywhere and I want to be 100% sure. But thanks for all of your thoughts b/c I think I''m leaning towards the tapers and you all made great points about the bulkiness of straight baguettes, too. You''re helping my confidence factor! I know I''ll love it however it is set, I''m sure, but you only do this once so I want to do it right!

Thanks again! More pretty pictures never hurts.
30.gif

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Now THAT is my absolute DREAM ring!!! That is STUNNING!!! Woah!

I am a huge fan of the double claw prongs with asschers b/c it helps to preserve the clipped corner shape. I am always so upset when I see them set with big bulky prongs that make the stone look square instead of octagonal.

Someone MUST have a 2.5ish asscher with baguettes out there. Come brag, come brag!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a 2 ct with tapered baguettes....

L11092450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results