shape
carat
color
clarity

2.7ct Emerald cut in temp solitaire setting

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
MoonRiver your stone is stunning and looks so beautiful on you :appl: I have to say I agree with you, that it does appear to be sitting quite high. I think some of the other settings you posted are just lovely. I can't wait to see how you reset it when the time comes. In the meantime, enjoy!

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
GeorgieQ|1476703337|4087852 said:
MoonRiver your stone is stunning and looks so beautiful on you :appl: I have to say I agree with you, that it does appear to be sitting quite high. I think some of the other settings you posted are just lovely. I can't wait to see how you reset it when the time comes. In the meantime, enjoy!

Thanks GeorgieQ. The setting is definitely not permanent and the ring is loose and needs resizing. I took a other shot...I am really loving the clean cuts and steps. I love the bold rainbow flashes :appl:

IMG_8825_zpsxvgaabwg.jpg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone!! :love:
I agree re the setting being on the high side, but! I absolutely love it in the solitaire. I would not halo/put side stones. :saint:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is amazing!!! I love the top view of your ring and I love the combo with your trinity.
I agree that the stone sits quite high. You run the risk of banging the stone, so I do understand your wish to reset it.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, really beautiful! Thanks for the photos! Enjoy that stunner- looks ahh-may-zing on your hand.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the stone is gorgeous in its current setting. I love the clean look of the ring and the height of the setting wouldn't bother me at all. This ring looks so elegant on your finger. Wow!

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Acinom: thanks for the compliments! I totally agree with the high setting as it is not very safe and might knock to something.

apacerose: thank you! I am loving the flashes of step cuts, so different from the rounds.

Calliecake: Thanks for your input! :dance: I agree with you and do like the simple clean design and how the band sits flush with all of my other stacking rings!! :appl: but i feel it's set too high and protrudes out quite a lot. I wanted to enjoy the simple setting for sometime until I find the right home for it. I will get the diamond to sit lower and maybe some of the prongs may need to be thinned out. I will ask the craftsman if it can be done.

Heres one more shot, taken under a shade.
IMG_8848_zpsgqkmfr6v.jpg

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
I want to go as low as this. I wonder if it is possible.
IMG_8517_zpsyvelaqrw.jpeg

I am looking for side profile of side baguette setting that allows stacking bands to sit flush. I want minimal metal and the baguettes to integrate into the band and not appear like a 3 stone ring from the side. Anyone has seen something like that?

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
Your emerald is absolutely stunning!!

I love that scalloped band on the bottom of this pic. I have been searching for years for one like that. Where did you purchase yours from?

:love:

scallopedband.jpg

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moon River, Please, please keep posting pictures. I love this ring!!!

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
I haven't got time to take good shots. I have ordered a box that is similar to Mrs Box and hope I can take more shots of it. :dance:
IMG_8847_zpspolxx4fo.jpg

Hope to get the diamond lowered soon and find more inspiration for its permanent home :pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and elegant! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it as a simple solitaire - with all your bands - OMG!!!! Looks amazing on you!
(Agree it's too high)

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
Hi :wavey:

Thanks so much!!

Your stone is incredible! Can't wait to see more pics =)

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Thanks for your lovely comments. I went to the craftsman and wanted the diamond to be lowered. Lowering of the diamond is impossible :(( as the prongs are straight and after lowering, there will not be enough metal to secure the diamond. The craftsman suggested adjusting the band to be relocated into the lower part of the prongs. The overall height will be lowered but that would mean the band would not sit flush with my bands anymore :(( That was the best he could do. I agreed with the idea and went ahead as I could not stand the high protruding prongs. He did the best he can and also helped me to reduce the ring size by another half. The ring is still loose and I should have resize by one size down instead of half :wall:

Here are the before and after comparison pics.
IMG_8908_zpscjpma5rt.jpg

IMG_8905_zpsqaitqis2.jpg

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Here are more shots of it after the revision. What do you all think?
IMG_8899_zpsbfuxjifs.jpg

The top looks the same as he left it intact and did all the works are the band. Here is a hand shot.
IMG_8897_zpsrocgqeae.jpg

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
It is still not the permanent home and I am still scouting for designs. I have narrowed to 3 designs.
A) tapered baguettes
B) halo
C) low setting solitaire with side diamonds

Option C was inspired by Ringconcerige.
IMG_8910_zps1ajhuwtn.jpg

Love the low low basket setting. :love: :drool:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, what a difference! Definitely lower, he did a nice job on this, looks great!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
MoonRiver, I like the solitaire you posted as an example of how low you want your pretty emerald set! Do you have any information on the setting (manufacturer and style) and a link/info where you found it? Would you mind sharing your ring finger size as well? Many thanks!

As for setting suggestions... I wasn't able to find a setting that's both flush and looks like a solitaire from the side, but I think you could have it created using inspiration from these rings:
Integrated baguettes:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-04-oec-k-vs1-early-20th-anniversary.223129/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-04-oec-k-vs1-early-20th-anniversary.223129/[/URL]
LLJsmom 3.04 ct OEC GIA K VS1, size 4.5
_3777.jpg
_3807.jpg

Integrated french cut baguettes:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/here-she-is-2-44-carat-antique-mq.226085/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/here-she-is-2-44-carat-antique-mq.226085/[/URL]
Fulvia 2.44 ct antique marquise I VS1, size 5.5
img_13052.jpg

To have rings sit flush, you can get a head like the one you posted,
img_8517_zpsyvelaqrw.jpg
but maybe change the shape to look more like the V version of the Tiffany Novo:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-tiffany-novo-ring-for-my-girlfriend.158802/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-tiffany-novo-ring-for-my-girlfriend.158802/[/URL]
novo.jpg

Alternatively, a basket like the Tacori HT2273 might work:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tacori-steven-kirsch.179702/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tacori-steven-kirsch.179702/[/URL]
Kayden 2.70 ct emerald cut I VS1, dimensions are 9.07 mm x 7.?? mm x 4.90 mm (ratio ~1.29).
20120908_124816.jpg
_888.jpg
Keep in mind that since your emerald is more elongated than Kayden's (1.46 vs 1.29 ratio), a basket might not allow bands to sit as closely.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Some baguette and bullet options if you decide to stray from your original idea:

Leon Mege r221 baguette ring with pave (I would choose pave on one side due to durability concerns with three-sided pave):
Fran Fine's ring: 3.23 (center), J , VS1. Baguettes are roughly .05 carats each. Band is platinum, I think a bit over 2mm, and the beautifully-set pave is 3-sided.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/no-she-did-not-use-that-on-her-ring.52834/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/no-she-did-not-use-that-on-her-ring.52834/[/URL]
file.jpg
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mine.55973/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mine.55973/[/URL]
file.jpg
file.jpg
SnapDragon's ring: The shank measures 1.87mm at the base and flares to 2.43mm at the shoulders. Emerald is 2.84 F VS2 EC and the sides are .77 G VS1 bullets.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-3-stone-r221.71268/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-3-stone-r221.71268/[/URL]
file.jpg
file.gif
file.gif

French cut baguettes:
diamond-engagement-ring-emerald-cut-baguette-3-stone-large.jpg
diamond-engagement-ring-emerald-cut-baguette-3-stone-yellow-gold-large.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moon River, Of course settings all come down to personal choice. I love, love, love the solitare. The revision looks great. A solitare will NEVER go out of style or look dated and your options are endless with different beautiful stackers. I have a halo with the tiny stones going down the band. I'm already tired of it and I've only had it three years. I also have a pear with baguette side stones that I love. This style also never goes out of style. Halos just seem trendy to me. If you haven't worn a halo I would suggest buying a costume ring to make sure you love the look. I wish I had done this. I would have realized I'm more of a solitaire girl. Your ring is a dream ring to me.

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Skhii: thank you so much for the links!!! :dance: I went to look at all the links to the posts that you have sent :read: . They were extremely helpful and Kayden's ring is totally gorgeous with the low profile and smooth integration of the side stones! I am also totally smitten and love the mix metal with French cut diamonds that you sent! It's gorgeous!!!the French cut sides are so beautiful!

After looking at the options I find that basket setting for the baguette setting is required if I need to have a thin band. In order to let the stacking bands sit flush, that would mean the baskets will have to set higher. Lower basket will be more curved or has a rectangle frame below which will leave gaps between stacking bands. I will talk to the the craftsman and ask him if he can source for any French cuts.

I went on to websites such as Harry Winston, Tiffany and also saw Megeve's Van Cleef side baguette ring. I find that the setting for such a combination is rather similar, they are all basket settings.
Megeve's VCA ring
IMG_8931_zpsj7phauc5.jpg

Tiffany
IMG_8936_zpsiukhd3go.jpg

Harry Winston
IMG_8935_zpsarn2gc1l.jpeg

After looking at so many pictures :twirl: I find the top view of the side baguettes is really classic and provides good bling coverage. I may also want to source for vintage side baguette/French settings or talk to the craftsman to address my concerns.

The low low profile setting with side diamonds was one of my choice as the side bands can be made thin and dainty and still provide some bling coverage. The ring was found on Instagram @ringconcierge. She has the most beautiful rings and stackers. She has a website too https://ringconcierge.com

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Calliecake|1477170664|4089625 said:
Moon River, Of course settings all come down to personal choice. I love, love, love the solitare. The revision looks great. A solitare will NEVER go out of style or look dated and your options are endless with different beautiful stackers. I have a halo with the tiny stones going down the band. I'm already tired of it and I've only had it three years. I also have a pear with baguette side stones that I love. This style also never goes out of style. Halos just seem trendy to me. If you haven't worn a halo I would suggest buying a costume ring to make sure you love the look. I wish I had done this. I would have realized I'm more of a solitaire girl. Your ring is a dream ring to me.

Thank you Calliecake for your sharing your personal experience and it has helped me look at things long term. I have a habit for shopping for stacking bands. :shifty: I too hope to own a pear diamond one day!! I was so so so close to purchasing a yellow pear and it was gone before the transaction went through. (Another story for some other time ;( ) I will be waiting patiently for the opportunity to come one day. ::)

You are right on solitaires being evergreen and how it's simple design allow stacking bands to be added on so easily. Halos are nice but it sometimes may make the entire set look too busy, especially when 2 or more bands are stacked on together.

I am looking into adding more bling coverage :confused: meantime I will still be using this setting until the end of this year ;))

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
The side profile search for baguettes was mind boggling and when I thought of the choices... this vintage setting just appeared!!! The design is totally spot on!!! Baguettes integrated into the band with semi basket details and the THIN band!!!!! :love: the pictures are so so beautiful. I will ask if this can be replicated or I will have to hunt one vintage setting like this! WOW!

IMG_8942_zpsm764k1wm.jpeg

Thin band!!!
IMG_8943_zpsxrqaiiv6.jpeg

Such a dreamy look...
IMG_8945_zpsdppqbec8.jpeg

What do you think? :naughty:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic, elegant, timeless setting. You cannot go wrong with this setting!!!

MoonRiver

Shiny_Rock
Calliecake|1477190970|4089694 said:
Classic, elegant, timeless setting. You cannot go wrong with this setting!!!

Thank you Calliecake for the affirmation. Resetting is a journey, looking for countless pictures, getting quotations and sourcing for a vintage... I do not want to make silly mistakes :naughty:
Anyway, while I got time to look for inspiration, i'all enjoy it like that first.
IMG_8949_zpsgkanfm9i.jpg

Love how emerald cuts are like piano keys...blocks of flashes... black and white... :love:

Sunfish

Shiny_Rock

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
MoonRiver|1477190503|4089692 said:
The side profile search for baguettes was mind boggling and when I thought of the choices... this vintage setting just appeared!!! The design is totally spot on!!! Baguettes integrated into the band with semi basket details and the THIN band!!!!! :love: the pictures are so so beautiful. I will ask if this can be replicated or I will have to hunt one vintage setting like this! WOW!

What do you think? :naughty:

I am glad you found my posts helpful! I look forward to seeing your version of the Erstwhile setting! Btw, just to clarify, are you saying that this setting: img_8517_zpsyvelaqrw.jpg
is also from RingConcierge? That is the setting I was asking about for the manufacturer and style name. Could you please share your ring size for reference, too? Thanks so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results