shape
carat
color
clarity

2.6 Round in 3/4 Eternity...Now I just have to figure out how to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!! She is going to be sooooo thrilled. Good Luck!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I vote for private and personal - just the two of you.
It would be so romantic to get engaged in your pajamas!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
good god it''s beautiful...wake her up right now and ask!!! How can that wait!! Hahaa....j/k. Great job, though. She''s gonna love it.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!
18.gif
great job! in terms of the proposal, while waking up to a huge rock is definitely a great way to start any day....i''d try to hold out for a more meaningful place/occassion. i like the idea of where you first met. it''s special for both of you, and will always be a wonderful story to share many times over. good luck! and be sure to comeback with hand-shots!!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Talk about bling!!! CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!

davruns

Rough_Rock
How about in Vegas (where we met) and in bed right after we wake the 1st morning. She''s in her best mood in the mornings and I think the shock factor will be greater! It seems like everything on tv is about proposing these days...every time something like that comes on I quickly change the channel (tonight it was a proposal on "The Office"). Actually, I almost when to go grab the ring and propose right there in the living room, but with all my might i held myself back. The moment has to be perfect!

On a side note, she has no earthly idea this is coming. She thinks that we simply cant afford anything for a couple years. A while ago she even hinted that a cz would be just fine; which is ironic b/c at first glance, this looks like a cz. I think it''s that comment alone that made me want to get her the biggest and best diamond i could afford.

I''m so glad i can vent to you guys here, otherwise I''d explode!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 11:36:58 PM
Author: davruns
How about in Vegas (where we met) and in bed right after we wake the 1st morning. She''s in her best mood in the mornings and I think the shock factor will be greater! It seems like everything on tv is about proposing these days...every time something like that comes on I quickly change the channel (tonight it was a proposal on ''The Office''). Actually, I almost when to go grab the ring and propose right there in the living room, but with all my might i held myself back. The moment has to be perfect!

On a side note, she has no earthly idea this is coming. She thinks that we simply cant afford anything for a couple years. A while ago she even hinted that a cz would be just fine; which is ironic b/c at first glance, this looks like a cz. I think it''s that comment alone that made me want to get her the biggest and best diamond i could afford.

I''m so glad i can vent to you guys here, otherwise I''d explode!
Awwww. And boy did you!
9.gif
36.gif

I vote either for what you posted in here, or the beach in Cozumel at sunrise.
5.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! What lady wouldn''t love to wake up to that and a morning proposal? I say that selfishly because I want to see more pics.
31.gif
The setting is great choice too. The stone really pops! If you don''t do the morning proposal, I say go with where you first met. She is going to love it!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, it''s AMAZING! PERFECT! I''m DROOLING all over my keyboard right now! You did FaBuLoUs! I can''t imagine why anyone would question that setting, it''s gorgeous. The WF pics just BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your girl is VERY very VERY lucky!!!!! Good luck, I''m sure it''ll be great however you decide to pop the question, PLEASE come back soon to share the story and HANDSHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous!!! I wouldn''t wait until you can schedule a trip, though! Go to a special place in your town and do it sooner! I wouldn''t want to be proposed to when waking up in the morning, but that''s just me. There might be better stories to tell the kids someday!

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!! Congratulations...any way you propose no woman in her right mind will say no after all that hard work and preparation.

best of luck to you and congrats again!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 1:22:57 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful compliments. My brother and his girlfriend were uncertain about the setting, but i picked it anyways!

Now, I''m at a complete loss...this is harder than all the diamond decisions--In the morning in bed; at the park w/ a photographer; in Vegas at the MGM where we 1st met; in Austin at the 360 bridge cliff; sunrise on the beach in Cozumel; at a family get together in front of all her family (she is the youngest of 9); during dinner at the Signature room atop Hancock; or leave it in the fish tank until she notices it (j/k)...

The worst part is I can''t talk to any of her friends or family about it b/c I''m almost certain she''ll somehow hear about it.
HOW did you get the diamonds to GLOW in this pic???!!!!

Absolutely GORGEOUS ring! I can''t wait to hear the proposal story and see hand shots!

kaori

Shiny_Rock
Wake her up!! Wake her up!! She will be thrilled if she was awoken up by such a beautiful ring. Gook Luck!!
9.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
with a ring like that you shouldn''t even have to ask, she will probably say yes before the sentance is finished!

good luck!

davruns

Rough_Rock
SHE SAID YES!!! Proposal synopsis: drag her out of bed; morning picnic in the park; sneaky photographer spotted; on bended knee, jaw-drop when the box opens; her best friend pops out of the bushes; can''t stop looking at the ring for the rest of the day.

I''ll give all the details and the hand picks soon.

LuckyTexan, I''m not sure how i got the diamonds to glow. I took the pic w/o flash and with a flourscent dayligh lamp about 6-10inches above it. I took at least a hundred pics and those were the best ones (and they''re not even that good.) I''m going to get a macro lens for the camera and try it with that.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YEH!!!!!!!!!!!

chipp

Rough_Rock
more pictures please!!!!! :)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 10:46:49 AM

SHE SAID YES!!! ...
PRAISE LLOYD! I couldn''t have waited much longer!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Congrats!

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Takes my breath away! WOW!!! That''s a stunning looking ring.
Date: 9/25/2008 4:51:57 AM
Author:davruns
Although this is my 1st post, I''ve read this board from beginning to end for the last few months. Without all the experience embedded throughout the site, I would never have known what the heck I was doing! Now the only problem is how I''m going to ask the question...

Round Ideal Cut ; 2.605ct ; I ; SI2 ; set in 3/4 Eternity from Whiteflash

. Depth %: 60.9
. Table %: 57
. Crown Angle: 35.3
. Crown %: 15.3
. Pavilion Angle: 40.6
. Pavilion %: 42.8
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 8.87-8.91X5.41
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring and very well thought out proposal!! She must have been over the moon and I cannot wait for more pictures of her lovely on her finger!

Congrats!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you didn''t wait too long!!! Congratulations! I am sure she was thrilled!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a greal proposal story! Man I''d lose my mind if presented a ring that ginormous and beautiful! Congratulations!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is a beautiful ring, you did good!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness...that is absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see it on her hand - congratulations!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results