shape
carat
color
clarity

2.45 OEC in plat LAD / CvB ring

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just completed my first project with LAD and am thrilled with the outcome. DH calls it "the heavyweight ring" because she knocks you out from every angle :lol: . It's true as I love it from the top, side and profile. Erica was helpful throughout the process and the ring was ready early (I had requested it be ready for a special occasion 8 weeks out). It was ready early despite the traumatic discovery that the "diamond" I bought from a local antique jeweler was really a moissanite. So thankful Erica educated me about AGS and offered to coordinate sending it to them while the ring was being cast. As upsetting as it was, it was a relief to find out now rather than later and get a prompt refund from the jeweler. Once I got over the moissanite distress I decided to continue with the project and purchased a diamond from LAD/CvB. The OEC is J, VS1. I requested two small modifications to their Elsa setting which were done. The attention to detail on the ring is wonderful; the milgrain, prongs and polish are all extremely well done.

First up are LAD's pics.

_37441.jpg

_37442.jpg

_37443.jpg

_37444.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My iPhone photos. I should've cleaned the ring first but I was too excited.

_37445.jpg

_37446.jpg

_37447.jpg

_37448.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First pic is with my iPhone. The diamond is so beautiful when it throws all the pastel colors. Unfortunately I cannot get my camera to focus. The second photo of my husband took with a camera instead of an iPhone. The diamond picks up so many colors from its surroundings.

_37449.jpg

_37450.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that ring us a huge knockout!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*Gasp* Absolutely gorgeous, pure perfection! Congratulations! :love: :love: :love:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How absolutely gorgeous! I love your ring, the diamond looks so huge and white and the setting is perfect! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! How gorgeous!! So exciting! :love: :love: :love:

CONGRATULATIONS! It's beautiful. J VS1. what a perfect combo. Can't wait for more pics. You have to add it to the OEC thread!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's, umm... spectacular!!!! :love: So glad things were figured out with the moissanite and you were able to move forward and get this gorgeousness!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Really, so fabulous on you! Thank you for sharing!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is: PERFECTION. it's so beautiful..

:love: :love: :drool: :drool: :drool:

susief

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing ring!! :love:

I have to say I was quite disturbed by the moissanite story, that's my worst nightmare. I looked at your past thread - was it the 2.43 you bought locally? Did you take it to the GG you mentioned and did they not pick up it was a moissanite? How scary that if it hadn't been sent to AGS you might not have found out. I would have thought an experienced jeweller would be able to pick it up by eye, is that not the case? :errrr: I really hope they aren't passing off other moissanites as real diamonds...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

marym

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning!! I'm glad things worked out and you ended up with a spectacular stone and setting! :appl: :love

Oh, and are you going to pair it with a band?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!! I saw that one on fb and it is like my dream ring! :love: I came so close to buying that diamond, but it incredibly was meant for YOU!!! So glad you had your first stone checked out!!! :-o I adore that setting, too. I will see the original Elsa this weekend and I can't wait to try it on! Congratulations on your beautiful new ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - I particularly like the setting! How large is the stone?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful. Can you go into more detail about the modifications you made and how it's different from the original Elsa? Thanks! :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond. Beautiful ring. Perfect combination!!!

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
I saw this on IG and swooooooned like cray. This is GORGEOUS.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a beauty no doubt!! So glad you made your discovery & were able to get refunded etc. Great choices all around!! :appl: :love: :love: :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzas!!! The pastel colors pic, amazing!!!! The ring looks beautiful on your hand :love: :appl: :love:

Congrats to you and your DH!!

PS: Love your pics, the candy pink Mrs Box, sand dollar, etc.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow that's gorgeous!! I saw it on Caysie's Instagram and wondered if it was a pricescoper's ring!

Can you please tell us about the modifications to the setting? I know it has to do with the shoulders but wasn't sure what!

I'm glad you found out it wasn't a diamond etc now rather than later!! That would've been a nightmare! Was Erica the one to pick up on it after you sent her the stone?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord that is a perfect stone!!! And what a beautiful setting for it....it's really perfect in every way.

Enjoy, it's absolutely gorgeous!!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and your stone has the most delightful high crown and petal pattern :love: I'll bet you can't stop staring at it..

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
wow and wow again the diamond (so thought mossi would be picked up by a jeweller bit scared to purchase anything now (glad you got the refund)) and the setting are to die for absolute perfection :love: :love: :appl: :love: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeepers!!!!!!! Speechless!!

Enjoy - it's a timeless, stunning beauty :love: :love: :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1464827230|4039153 said:
Beautiful ring - I particularly like the setting! How large is the stone?

Never mind - duh! I see it in the thread title - wasn't looking closely enough!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS! :love: :love: :love:
I LOVE everything about your ring. It is spectacular. Elegance, beauty and perfection in every way. :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results