shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.44 Tiffany Aquamarine in double halo

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Canuk-gal and Diamondseeker2006, this is the ring that started the whole bling obsession. My DH gave this to me last year as a 15 year anniversary gift. Honestly, I know NOTHING about colored stones. I find them extremely intimidating, because they are all so different, and there is no straight forward way to even start evaluating them the way you have with diamonds.

He just went into Tiffany's and headed toward the direction of the sparkly stuff. Thus, you can see how he left the store with a halo. :lol: :lol:

2.44 carat aquamarine set in platinum. Do the colored stone experts here have any comments about the quality of this aquamarine?? I have no clue. I normally would not buy any stone of any significant size from Tiffany just b/c of the mark up. You know....it's Tiffany. All I can say is that it's very pretty, and it's like looking at blue water, super clear. You can just see through this stone. I guess that is what aquamarines are supposed to be like?? I see a lotus flower like design in the center.

The double halo has .58 carats of melee diamonds. I have to say the melee stones are super sparkly and the ring is gorgeous. I really appreciate the beauty of a halo around a colored stone.

Sorry, I can try to get better pictures later. These are the same as ones I've posted before.

big_on_box.jpg
big_profile_on_box.jpg
aqua_big_on_lv.jpg
aqua_big_head_on_0.jpg
aqua_big_side_on_white.jpg
aqua_big_angle_on_hand.jpg
aqua_big_side_on_hand.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no expert but I really like that ring! It's against the grain of most of the stuff I like but there is something completely mesmerizing to me about it. I love the color of the aquamarine against the white diamonds - it's just stunning. He obviously headed for sparkly and beautiful - job well done!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is simply stunning. :love: :love: :love: I find the stone mesmerizing. I can get lost just looking into the gorgeous blue. I love everything about this. {swoon}

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It is STUNNING! I love Tiffany's workmanship. What I wouldn't give for a ring like this. :lickout:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a gorgeous, gorgeous ring, and the color of the aqua is excellent! :love: :love: :love: I have been looking for an aqua for a ring and bought two. One is much lighter so I attempted to find a deeper blue (which is more rare) and I finally did. But I think yours is my favorite color of aquamarine by far!

And I will have to say, for a surprise jewelry gift, your hubby did exceptionally well!!! :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really a gorgeous ring! The Aqua looks to be a very nice cut - I believe the pavilion is cut in what is termed a Portuguese (also called flower) cut... it works particularly well in lower-refractive gemstones like Aquamarine to enhance performance. Your Aqua is a lovely color and really looks to be a great performer.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OKOKOK...I am having a difficult time breathing and apparently recalling such a gorgeous ring................. :love:

Fabu! And such perfect photo's.....TOTAL yum!

I love your ring...did I say that out loud? LOL :bigsmile:

Good on ya. Congrats on the landmark anni....can't wait to see what you get this year and next! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

canadagirl

Rough_Rock
All I can say is WOW!! I don't usually look at aquamarines but this one has definitely changed my mind. I have a significant anniversary cming up next year and I will definitely be sharing these pictures - as this ring is stunning!!! Congratulations to both of you!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is absolutely beautiful!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies:
Thank you for all your lovely compliments. I hate to admit it, but I have been quite uncertain about this ring. I am much more reassured by your comments. I also shared your comments with my DH and he's feeling very proud of himself at the moment. :bigsmile:

canuk-gal said:
HI:

OKOKOK...I am having a difficult time breathing and apparently recalling such a gorgeous ring................. :love:

Fabu! And such perfect photo's.....TOTAL yum!

I love your ring...did I say that out loud? LOL :bigsmile:

Good on ya. Congrats on the landmark anni....can't wait to see what you get this year and next! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you canuk-gal. (btw, are you Australian? My DH works with an Australian company so he hears "good on ya" quite a bit.) This year, my poor DH is at his wit's end. I can't stop buying bling, with my reset and some other pieces I hope to receive soon. So he's on strike until I chill out. I've gotta make sure I calm down by the 20th! :cheeky:

Laila619|1376888315|3505757 said:
Oh my, that is absolutely beautiful!!
Thank you so much Laila! I love your rings too!!

canadagirl said:
All I can say is WOW!! I don't usually look at aquamarines but this one has definitely changed my mind. I have a significant anniversary cming up next year and I will definitely be sharing these pictures - as this ring is stunning!!! Congratulations to both of you!!!
Thank you canadagirl. All I can say is the Tiffany website is a dangerous thing... Please share what you decide on!!

marymm said:
Really a gorgeous ring! The Aqua looks to be a very nice cut - I believe the pavilion is cut in what is termed a Portuguese (also called flower) cut... it works particularly well in lower-refractive gemstones like Aquamarine to enhance performance. Your Aqua is a lovely color and really looks to be a great performer.

marymm, thank you for the info. I was wondering why they cut it like that. Yeah, I noticed that it doesn't "scintillate" like a diamond does, but does look pretty for what it is. If you have any other comments you want to share, I would love to read them. Sounds like you know lots about aquamarines.

diamondseeker2006 said:
It is a gorgeous, gorgeous ring, and the color of the aqua is excellent! :love: :love: :love: I have been looking for an aqua for a ring and bought two. One is much lighter so I attempted to find a deeper blue (which is more rare) and I finally did. But I think yours is my favorite color of aquamarine by far!

And I will have to say, for a surprise jewelry gift, your hubby did exceptionally well!!! :appl:

Hi diamondseeker, thank you for your reassurance. It's a good color?? I'm glad. I wouldn't know it if it hit me on the head. My nearsighted eyes can only tell it's pretty. ;-) I would love to see pics of yours! Has it been set or is it in the process?

Smith1942 said:
It is STUNNING! I love Tiffany's workmanship. What I wouldn't give for a ring like this. :lickout:

Smith1942, thank you! Good workmanship right? I don't think I would know, except I assume it should be decent since it's Tiffany. But being on PS now, I sometimes wonder about the big names compared to the independent artisans.

Farleysmom said:
This ring is simply stunning. :love: :love: :love: I find the stone mesmerizing. I can get lost just looking into the gorgeous blue. I love everything about this. {swoon}

Thank you Farleysmom. That is such a compliment coming from you. I can certainly say the same thing about your 22 fabulous diamond rings!! ;-)

MissGotRocks said:
I'm no expert but I really like that ring! It's against the grain of most of the stuff I like but there is something completely mesmerizing to me about it. I love the color of the aquamarine against the white diamonds - it's just stunning. He obviously headed for sparkly and beautiful - job well done!

Hi MissGotRocks, thank you so much. Yeah, who woulda thought an aquamarine would be so pretty. I'd only heard of this stone before. I wouldn't be able to tell one apart from every other blue stone. My DH is also very flattered by your comments. Thank you. :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Word. I am in heaven :love:
I would love a RH ring with such a beautiful coloured aqua, not to mention the stunning halo or the fact that it's Tiffany. Your hubby did very well!! :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely stunning! I do not know anything about colored stones, but I know I love this!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I LOVE aquas and I LOVE your ring. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! Hubby really did good, lol. :appl: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Visiting here from the CS forum, and I love your ring. Good job to the hubs.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious said:
Visiting here from the CS forum, and I love your ring. Good job to the hubs.

Thanks pregcurious. That means a lot from a color stone connoisseur of colored stones. I'll let the hubs know. ;-)

pandabee said:
That color is divine!! I am not sure that is a full Portuguese cut as many of the "petals" generally look much closer together...maybe it's considered a hybrid? Although there must be many variations of it. The facet layout actually reminds me of those kaleidoscope drawings!

example:

and http://customgemstonestudio.com/custom-gemstones/mehenge-tanzania-spinel/

Hi pandabee. Thank you. Yes, I see what you are saying. There appears to be a layering of the petals in the pic you attached. I don't see that in mine. Thanks for sharing the info!

armywife13 said:
It is absolutely stunning! I do not know anything about colored stones, but I know I love this!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Thanks armywife13. That's what I thought. Love it. Know nothing about it either. :lol:
Catmom said:
Oh I LOVE aquas and I LOVE your ring. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! Hubby really did good, lol. :appl: :love:
Thanks Catmom. I will tell the hubby the ring was well received.

Alex T said:
Oh. My. Word. I am in heaven :love:
I would love a RH ring with such a beautiful coloured aqua, not to mention the stunning halo or the fact that it's Tiffany. Your hubby did very well!! :appl:

Thanks Alex T. I will challenge him to top it for the 20th. :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on being named Pricescope's Jewel of the Week. Stunning ring. That is one of the prettiest aquamarine blues that I have seen. Well done!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! There are some Tiffany pieces I'm in love with & would buy if I won the lotto ;-), so I buy a ticket here and there ;-)

Enjoy your ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not an expert but I just love your ring!!! The stone is blue ad the Carribean sea. Just gorgeous.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! :lickout: I would be thrilled if my husband chose such a gorgeous ring for me :)) Enjoy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama said:
What a beautiful ring! :lickout: I would be thrilled if my husband chose such a gorgeous ring for me :)) Enjoy!

Thanks woofmama. I was pretty thrilled, I must say. :)

Acinom said:
I am not an expert but I just love your ring!!! The stone is blue ad the Carribean sea. Just gorgeous.

Thanks Acinom. It is super blue. My understanding is that many aqua stones are heated. Otherwise they are more green, maybe even more like the ocean...

MC said:
Gorgeous! There are some Tiffany pieces I'm in love with & would buy if I won the lotto ;-), so I buy a ticket here and there ;-)

Enjoy your ring!

MC, good luck with those lotto tickets!! If you win, go for a house!!

Fly Girl said:
Congratulations on being named Pricescope's Jewel of the Week. Stunning ring. That is one of the prettiest aquamarine blues that I have seen. Well done!

Thanks Fly Girl. Yay! It's a good one. I would hope so since it's from Tiffany but you never know...

armywife13 said:
It is absolutely stunning! I do not know anything about colored stones, but I know I love this!!!! :love: :love:
:love:
Thanks armywife. Colored stones are sooo interesting. I'm kinda looking some more myself...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Late to the party ... but WOW!!! happy anniversary and kudo's to your DH for spontaneously shopping all on his own at TIffany's!! I'm impressed with that alone!!! :D

LOVE the colour of that aquamarine - it has some saturation to it which is so nice! and very caribbean ocean like, isn't it? Beautiful!! are you loving it more now? I got the impression you were kind of iffy about it, but is the SMTB input helping you enjoy it more?? I'll wear it for you for a while, if that would help... I like to be kind and offer my services like that... its just how I roll!! :naughty:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1377868633|3512398 said:
Late to the party ... but WOW!!! happy anniversary and kudo's to your DH for spontaneously shopping all on his own at TIffany's!! I'm impressed with that alone!!! :D

LOVE the colour of that aquamarine - it has some saturation to it which is so nice! and very caribbean ocean like, isn't it? Beautiful!! are you loving it more now? I got the impression you were kind of iffy about it, but is the SMTB input helping you enjoy it more?? I'll wear it for you for a while, if that would help... I like to be kind and offer my services like that... its just how I roll!! :naughty:

Hi Enerchi, thank you so much. Means a lot coming from you. And I wouldn't be opposed to doing a ring swap for a while ;-) You've got some serious bling I would be more than happy to rock for a while. :razz:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful ring. I can't comment on whether it is fair pricing, but you are paying for the design and quality of the ring, and the nice clean blue saturation of the aqua.

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom, happy anniversary! Your ring is stunning! :love: Please post some handshot.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!!! That's fantastic.. love everything about it :love: :love: :love: :love:
It's truly fit for a queen! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies. I haven't thought about the ring for a while so I was inspired to wear it today.

_24923.jpg

_24924.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's a stunner!!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know about the quality of aquamarines, but it sure looks good. It doesn't have a window, which I know is a bad thing for coloured stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results