shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.16 ct tsavorite in James Meyer ring

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
In January, I sent my 2.16 ct tsavorite from Precision Gems to James Meyer to be set into one of his rings. I asked Jim what he thought of rose gold accents and small sidestones, either pink diamonds, pink sapphires, or white diamonds. After he saw the tsavorite, he recommended unplated WG with RG accents (bezel and side wraps) and two small white diamonds. He did a wonderful job on the ring - I''m very pleased with how it turned out.

This tsavorite is a bit light in color and shows both yellow and blue tones, depending on the lighting. The RG really compliments the color of the stone. The cutting on the stone is terrific - thank you, Gene! I was worried about the bezel darkening the stone, but the stone is very sparkly and looks great even in dim lighting.

The ring is a size 4.75 and the tsav is 8.17 mm x 6.20 mm.

jamesmeyer_precisiongem_tsav_rgwg_2.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Here it is showing a bit more yellow (this is the most yellow that I ever see in it). I like that the color is not identical to my other tsavorite ring. This one looks a bit like a jolly rancher in some lighting conditions.

jamesmeyer_precisiongem_tsav_rgwg_h3sml.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Please excuse the ginormous photos -- I thought I''d made them a wee bit smaller....

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is sooo beautiful, great idea! I love the side diamonds and also the use of two tone, so pretty, wear it in good health!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
ztajanice and maevie -- thank you. I was tentative about the two-tone and almost called Jim to switch it to all WG, but am glad I kept the rose gold accents.

Here''s another photo from Jim that I posted in the CS forum a few days ago. Thanks to those of you who commented on it over there that I didn''t respond to (TL, Caramish, IndyLady) -- I didn''t want to hijack that thread w/ more responses :)

jamesmeyer_precisiongem_tsav_rgwg_1.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The color is lovely! Beautiful ring!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! JM did a wonderful job. The color is absolutely beautiful, and I think the setting complements it so well.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking!!!! There''s no such thing as a boring JM, but the color and cut of that stone are phenomenal and perfectly matched by the mounting!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2010 5:53:19 PM
Author: tsavvy
I had a hard time getting a good photo of the ring...

Ohhh look at that rich green
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Beautiful, tsavvy!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful. LOVE that color. Every time I see a JM ring, I want one a little bit more...Enjoy and wear it in good health!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
tyty333, lightningbug, kittybean, Hest88, blackberry16, yssie, KaeKae, bella_mezzo -- thank you for your lovely compliments. You have all put a huge smile on my face. I''m glad that the lighter colored tsav isn''t shunned for its lack of deep emerald tones
9.gif

Uppy I really like your JM rings - after seeing mine in person it is much easier to imagine what your star sapphire setting looks like.
18.gif
I saw you mention another JM project - have you provided any details yet? I''m now planning a JM pendant, but it will be awhile as there are a few other projects that need to be wrapped up first.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo so pretty. That setting really compliments that stone. And the color is great! I actually prefer that to the more emerald colored stones. I like that it''s even a bit minty looking in some of those pictures.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, well done. What a great setting for that stone. JM delivers as always! Enjoy it!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is just beautiful. That stone is cut wonderfully and that setting is just the perfect complement to it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. What a wonderful tsavorite.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous!!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
all I can say is WOW!!

that is a very stylish ring!!

just how did I miss this beauty??

as a two tone JM ring wearer myself - all I can say is that the mix will grow and grow more on you as you wear it

I just love how flexible it is - I don''t worry about what goes with what now - as it goes with everything

the proportions of your new ring are stunning!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! The stone has such a rich color, and the setting is exquisite! It really looks like an antique piece...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results