shape
carat
color
clarity

10 pointer Brian Gavin bezel pendant for her 10th B-day!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
endless_summer|1416575711|3787863 said:
It's perfect!!! It looks beautiful on you, and this is certainly a piece that your daughter will feel very special wearing and cherish for many, many years to come. I still have the first piece of 'real' jewelry that my parents gave me - I remember the Christmas that I found it in my stocking, how very special I felt to wear it, and even now - I still enjoy wearing it! I have no doubt that your daughter will feel the same way. Congrats & I'm very excited for your daughter!

endless_summer, thank you so much for sharing your story. I am hoping she will feel the same way, that is has some meaning and will evoke some memories for her. I want to give it to her when we are traveling and that will add to the feeling of significance. The thing with her is that she never asks for gifts and is easily contented. Thus it makes it such a pleasure to get her things. I am a lucky mommy to have her as my daughter. I don't know how I deserve such a great person in my life and I feel blessed every day. :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1416583228|3787934 said:
That is awesome!! What a great idea! For DD's 15th I had Grace make bezel earrings I think they are .40 tctw. I love this idea! :love: :love:
Mayk, that is a great gift! Bezel earrings are perfect. I want to do that too, but she refuses to pierce her ears. I asked her what I was going to do with my studs, give them to her daughter? She said, "Maybe". Then she looked at me with a serious look and said, "Mom, either I pierce my ears or I don't. I don't want to now." I'm not giving up. I'll work on her. She's just averse to pain. :lol:

Next time you get a piece for your DD, can you share with us? I would love to see and hear about. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love this ::)

What a decadent gift for a little girl - she'll be over the moon!! It's perfect for a little girl :love: And what a lovely memory she'll be able to carry around with her for the rest of her life!

When will she be receiving it? Does she have any idea?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1416584872|3787954 said:
That is awesome!! What a great idea! For DD's 15th I had Grace make bezel earrings I think they are .40 tctw. I love this idea! :love: :love:
Mayk, that is a great gift! Bezel earrings are perfect. I want to do that too, but she refuses to pierce her ears. I asked her what I was going to do with my studs, give them to her daughter? She said, "Maybe". Then she looked at me with a serious look and said, "Mom, either I pierce my ears or I don't. I don't want to now." I'm not giving up. I'll work on her. She's just averse to pain. :lol:

Next time you get a piece for your DD, can you share with us? I would love to see and hear about. :)

Absolutely! This year it's a car ;( I'm a wreck... Can't believe my baby will be driving by herself in a few months..... :wall:

DD didn't pierce her ears until she was 12, then she immediately wanted a second hole. I made her wait until she was 15 and the bezels were for the second piercing.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1416595299|3788075 said:
LLJsmom|1416584872|3787954 said:

Absolutely! This year it's a car ;( I'm a wreck... Can't believe my baby will be driving by herself in a few months..... :wall:

DD didn't pierce her ears until she was 12, then she immediately wanted a second hole. I made her wait until she was 15 and the bezels were for the second piercing.

;( I KNOW. Stop growing up!! Now. From jewelry to cars... No more growing for you. PLEASE stay my little baby... :pray:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1416592027|3788042 said:
Oh I love this ::)

What a decadent gift for a little girl - she'll be over the moon!! It's perfect for a little girl :love: And what a lovely memory she'll be able to carry around with her for the rest of her life!

When will she be receiving it? Does she have any idea?

Thanks Yssie. :) I don't think she has any idea. Although we actually perused the Tiffany website together and she really liked the tanzanite in the bezel in silver, which is what brought me to Tiffany in the first place. Of course, when I saw that teeny tiny pin prick of a tanzanite, that looked like this little gray dot, so unlike the saturated blue we saw on the website. I thought, no way am I paying $300 for that. So of course I moved onto diamonds!

She won't be receiving it until next summer. I have some down time right now, so I started the project early, while I still thought it was a good idea. Otherwise, other things will come up and I would delay or second guess myself about the appropriateness of the gift. It actually took longer than I thought, beginning to end, about three weeks. BGD was super nice about it, even though it was such a small project. I have some other small bezel projects coming up in the new year, that I may call upon BGD again. If only my daughter would consent to having her ears pierced. I've got a pair of 30 pointers with her name on them... :Up_to_something:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome birthday gift!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an awesome necklace!!! :love: I think you are a good PSer-good mommy!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Well that's a little piece of sparkly of gorgeousness!! I love it and I want one!
I received my first piece of jewellery from my mum at the age of 6, it's just a simple little gold ring and I still have it 36 years later! I think it's great that you're teaching your daughter an appreciation for jewellery and I think it's a perfect gift that she is going to love for a long time :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love this idea, it looks perfect. :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just all kinds of special - what a fabulous gift for your daughter!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE it....and I must tell you, when I was a little girl and we were on vacation in California, my Dad (who loves jewelry) took my Mom, sister n I into a beautiful jewelry store. My Dad bought me a gorgeous bezel set lapis in a handcrafted 18k yellow gold ring. It began my love for bling and to this day, thinking about that gift makes me feel special. My Dad traveled quite a bit and was not home often and whenever I looked at the ring, it was a symbol of his adoration.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful gift and I think it's so much better in 18K - she will get a long time of wear out of it!!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
That is so darling. Is it bad that I want one, too? WTG :appl:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1416584655|3787948 said:
endless_summer|1416575711|3787863 said:
It's perfect!!! It looks beautiful on you, and this is certainly a piece that your daughter will feel very special wearing and cherish for many, many years to come. I still have the first piece of 'real' jewelry that my parents gave me - I remember the Christmas that I found it in my stocking, how very special I felt to wear it, and even now - I still enjoy wearing it! I have no doubt that your daughter will feel the same way. Congrats & I'm very excited for your daughter!

endless_summer, thank you so much for sharing your story. I am hoping she will feel the same way, that is has some meaning and will evoke some memories for her. I want to give it to her when we are traveling and that will add to the feeling of significance. The thing with her is that she never asks for gifts and is easily contented. Thus it makes it such a pleasure to get her things. I am a lucky mommy to have her as my daughter. I don't know how I deserve such a great person in my life and I feel blessed every day. :D

I have no doubt in the world that she will feel the same way! And, it's such a lovely, classic piece on you that you have to know she will be enjoy it both now and throughout her adulthood as well :) Giving a gift to someone who never asks for one is a great joy, and you very much deserve to have such a great person in your life - I'm sure she feels equally as lucky to have you as her mother as you feel to have her as your daughter.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1416657770|3788452 said:
LOVE it....and I must tell you, when I was a little girl and we were on vacation in California, my Dad (who loves jewelry) took my Mom, sister n I into a beautiful jewelry store. My Dad bought me a gorgeous bezel set lapis in a handcrafted 18k yellow gold ring. It began my love for bling and to this day, thinking about that gift makes me feel special. My Dad traveled quite a bit and was not home often and whenever I looked at the ring, it was a symbol of his adoration.

Artdecolover, I'm so happy to hear that your ring means so much to you, and makes you think about your father to this day. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GeorgieQ|1416628668|3788355 said:
Well that's a little piece of sparkly of gorgeousness!! I love it and I want one!
I received my first piece of jewellery from my mum at the age of 6, it's just a simple little gold ring and I still have it 36 years later! I think it's great that you're teaching your daughter an appreciation for jewellery and I think it's a perfect gift that she is going to love for a long time :appl:
Thank you GeorgieQ. It makes me so happy to hear that people still remember their first piece with such fondness. I hope my DD will feel the same way. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest PS mentors and friends, ;-). Thank you for the positive and kind responses. If it weren't for all of you, and your lovely collections and appreciation of jewelry, I honestly would not have thought of this necklace. It does make me happy that I can see her wearing this as a grown woman, maybe layering it, and thinking that she would always wear the necklace her mom bought her, even when I am no longer around. She will have other things from me but this will be the first piece made especially for her.

Sorry I am not naming everyone specifically but I'm a little overwhelmed by the encouragement from so many people. Thank you for thinking that it is not only ok to do this but that it was a good idea. (When I told my husband he just rolled his eyes at me and told me I'd gone off the deep end. I'll probably get a scolding from my own parents about how inappropriate it is to get a piece of jewelry for such a small child. They will probably tell her she cannot wear it except for special Occasions. That's a battle for the future.) (((Hugs))) to everyone. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great gift!!! Definitely something she will cherish all her life.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's lovely! I think I spoiled my daughter in this department by giving her hand-me-down jewelry from the time she was a little girl. On her 10th birthday, I gave her a 20pt pear pendant that had been a drop on an earring I had dismantled for another project. She had almost no reaction and I was sad. It sounds like your daughter will react beautifully, though! I hope you'll be able to wait until summer! :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This is a stunning piece! I have a friend who wear a necklace like this daily and I covet it so much. For some reason I assumed it would still be quite pricey but now I'm so tempted! It's such a gorgeous, subtle little twinkle. Your daughter is a very lucky lady!

luckky

Shiny_Rock
Awwh...this is so sweeeeeet! and very touching :angel: i know exactly what you meant by that as a mom and baby girl, I plan to do something similar one day when my lil baby girl big enough to wear necklace or ear ring. So special and she is so lucky too to have a mom who very thoughtful :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely gift, and one she'll appreciate for years to come!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful present! I would have such a hard time waiting! Good luck with that :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I have been dreaming of this all week! So tempted to get a little FIY set in 18kt gold this way. I wish I had a daughter so I could buy it for "her". :)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pretty sweet present for a 10 year old!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
How cute! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1417211765|3791883 said:
I have been dreaming of this all week! So tempted to get a little FIY set in 18kt gold this way. I wish I had a daughter so I could buy it for "her". :)

Rosebloom, you just need to get it for yourself!! BGD is having a sale!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I've been tempted to get one myself, but trying to resist. I won't last long. ;-) Hope some other PSers will get some too, so I can oogle some bezel pendants.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
LOVE! I would wear that! :shifty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results