carat
color
clarity

1.72ct AGS K VS1 OEC in plat. solitaire w/French cut sides

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 1.72ct AGS K VS1 OEC in plat. solitaire w/French cut sid

Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! I love the touch of engraving on the side! That is such an elegant touch. I think it is a lovely diamond and the color is beautiful. The whole thing is just executed to perfection!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW, that is a beauty!!.. :love: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is SO perfect!!! :love: The OEC honestly looks like an AVR (meaning it has a beautiful cut!) and that setting is fabulous! Erica and Caysie did a terrific job, and the detail on it is soooo pretty! One of the prettiest solitaires ever! :appl: :appl: :appl:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is soooo gorgeous! You need to post more pictures!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations on your gorgeous ring! Such a beautiful diamond, it was meant to be yours. What a great setting choice, you have amazing taste!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

woofmama, thanks! I do think that it was rather serendipitous that I "found" the stone again after I thought I had missed my chance to get it. :twirl:

diamondseeker2006, thank you! I adore your large AVR - I think it is simply beautiful, that flowery faceting is so gorgeous, right? :bigsmile: This 1.72 OEC may not be as technically perfect as an AVR but it could be an older eccentric aunt, LOL. (Its measurements are not quite perfect as it's not 100% round, it has an ever-so-slightly cushiony shape that I love. The OEC didn't come with an ASET but it is tremendously dispersive.)

luv2sparkle, thanks! I was inspired by the beautiful engraving on Acinom's 5.3ct OEC ring by VC, which has some gorgeous engraving on the band. :love: :love:

DK, CRYSTAL24K, Miss Got Rocks -- thank you for taking the time to comment and for your compliments! I'm so glad to be allowed to share my excitement with you all :wavey:

DF, I appreciate your kind words. You have some pretty amazing stones yourself, so the compliment means so much coming from you. :) I am in awe of your Octavia, what a dream diamond! Lucky I live in another country -- if I saw sweet Octavia in the street I would grab your hand and never let go! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

missy and nala, here are some more photos as you requested :). Missy, You were completely right that K is the sweet spot in terms of color. I like the vintage vibe that the slight hint of warmth gives, it's just enough warmth but not too much. I'm so glad I listened to your advice back in November and went with the K instead of the larger O stone. :wavey: Here are some more photos that show off the faceting! The weather is still overcast here, so the photos are showing up slightly yellower than normal.

This shot came out a bit whiter -- this is more representative of the color I normally see.
mitsuoec.jpg

Nice facets! :naughty:
faceting1.jpg

Profile shots to show off the engraving:
profile1_1.jpg
sideprofile1.jpg

Hangin' with friends:
hachiko2.jpg hachiko.jpg maggie.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I came back for more photos and saw the new additions. The faceting is very much like the AVRs. Lovely :appl: Love the shank view as well. The flow from diamonds to engraving is fluid and I like the special touch of only 2 small areas of engraving on side shank. :appl:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock

WOW that is gorgeous! When I saw the first picture of your diamond, I was instantly thinking how similar it looks to an AVR. And the setting is divine! Hope you wear it in good health!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful old cut and lovely setting! Love the French cuts too! :appl: :love: enjoy your special ring!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, your last pics :love: :love: :love:
What's not to love about this ring!!
How would you evaluate it after wearing it 24 hours?

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, what a beauty! I love the way you set it! Congratulations!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! :love: That is a gorgeous stone, it looks so well cut, love how lively it is and the edge-to-edge brightness - and the setting is perfect for it! You must be beyond thrilled, have a great time wearing this beauty!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock

What a beautiful ring! I love everything about it- the beautiful center diamond, the frenchies on the side, and of course the amazing engraving. :love: Congratulations!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooooh, that ring is wonderful, every single thing about it. Those prongs, those are the prongs I love!!! The french cuts are splendid and really complement THE ROCK!

Its fantastic on your hand, so pretty and feminine without being girly or inelegant (hard to do but this ring does it).

Wear in the best of health!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock

Superb!
Erica is the best, she is truly an amazing person to be "working" with. It feels more like talking to a friend. She has been amazing to me and continue to be. Whenever I needed her and her advice she was there. Best vendor ever. I am lucky to live 30 minutes from her.
(I need to post my Vivienne).

Eauphelia

Rough_Rock

That ring is seriously perfect. Love both the stone and the setting.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Such a beautiful ring and diamond! The setting is perfect for your stone and adds such a lovely vintage feel!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eauphilia, azstonie, junebug17, bbziggy, daintyG, sweetpea, Alistra, kathley , and Phanie - thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment :love: I feel so humbled to be able to own such a beautiful piece! Erica was great to work with - she made the process very easy and answered my many questions patiently and thoroughly. I felt very comfortable working with her. The team at CvB also does great work, as evidenced by the final product -- I didn't interact with them directly on the setting, but they seem to work very well with LAD. The similarity in the faceting to AVR was what triggered my interest in this OEC -- love that gorgeous petal pattern! :appl:

Acinom, finally the weather cleared up and there has been a little shaded sunshine today! I have had this ring for 5 days now, but the past 4 days have been gloomy and cloudy. I wore it to the mall last night and it sparkled like a discoball under the LED lights of the shops.. amazing!! I love the rainbow flashes that it gives off.. :love:
One thing which has been growing on me is that the basket is only engraved on two sides, not all four. At first I was a little unsure of leaving two sides of the basket plain, but now I prefer the asymmetrical patterning and realize now that engraving the basket all the way round might have been too much as there is already milgrain and engraving on the band/shank.

rainbow colors
oecpastels.jpg

sparkles!
fire_0.jpg

showing the warmth a bit
11024411_1391037947877544_979877934_n.jpg

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock

Stunning!!!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock

GORGEOUS!!! LOVE IT!
Congrats!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock

Absolutely beautiful! I really like how the engraving is only on two sides of the basket, and partially wraps around the band. It's like lace detailing on duchesse satin.

Also, love your shiba inu and maneki-neko statues. Kawaii!

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock

So pretty. I love the profile, it's very feminine. and your engraved band complements it perfectly and makes a lovely set.

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock

I just wanted to mention that I love this ring and almost went for the Elisabeth setting for my own OEC from LAD! Also, like you, my engagement ring was a sapphire, and I had no interest in diamonds until discovering PS. Now I'm obsessed with old cuts. o_O

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mochiko,
What a beautiful diamond and setting you have! It's been a few weeks since you posted photos...got any more?! :naughty:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, Hegemony Cricket (btw, love your user name, as a former student of political science :razz: also your new setting is so simple and classic - I adore it! :love: ).

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave some comments, Travelgal, Madison2, yanaazul, nyquestioner.

Jimianne, your new OEC is simply gorgeous - can't wait to see how you have it set!! :) Here are a few more pics -- definitely need to clean it soon! :appl: :wavey:

Indoor, shaded/muted natural daylight
sakuraoec2.jpg sakuraoec1.jpg hand1_3.jpg oechand1.jpg oecfaceting1.jpg oecfaceting.jpg elisabethoec1.jpg elisabethoec_0.jpg

Outdoors, indirect/shaded sunlight.
stackwarm.jpg oecwarm.jpg oecoutdoors.jpg

Outdoors, in direct sunlight:
fire_5.jpg fire1.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Stone is very sweet & the set is simply gorgeous. :)) Wow that K sure does face up white!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock

Love the pics with the wedding band and the rose gold rope band! That stone gives you the perfect amount of finger coverage, IMHO.

(And I'm glad you get the reference in my handle, haha!)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Those pics made my heart go pitter patter. I love everything about it. It's a beautiful OEC and I love the setting.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

I can't believe I forgot to comment on your thread!! Love how it all came together. The French cut sides are so delicate and perfect. K color is great too (speaking from my own experience ;)) )...enjoy your new ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results