shape
carat
color
clarity

1.48 ct M color LAD OEC set in BGD tapered Tiffany style

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: DS2006 suggested that I start a new thread about my latest lovely. I first got into the old cut love when I bought the original rose gold Erika Winters Iris halo from Jewels by Grace. She's beautiful, and I get the best compliments from people when I wear her, but lately, I started to feel that she was a little too ornate for daily wear (I have a 4-year-old and a 7-month-old at home). Also, I oftentimes have to wear a suit for work, and she didn't really "match" my work outfits. I was definitely getting bummed out over how rarely I felt like I could wear that ring. (I still have her and loathe to give her up, but I'm seriously considering selling her, because I don't see the point in having her at home all the time and *not* wearing her. Anyone interested?)

That led to my search for a loose OEC. I wasn't sure what size stone I wanted, or what kind of setting I'd like, but I knew I wanted to set a warm color in rose gold. I was basically spending all my free time scoping out JbG and LAD and trying to snag a good deal. I'd also read ame's post about her BGD tapered Tiffany style setting and thought it was gorgeous. In the meantime, I bought a pre-loved 7.5mm moissanite OEC ring to test out the size and cut. I was hooked immediately and wanted the real deal.

I'd been emailing back and forth with both Grace and Erica D. (they're both so nice and I'm sure were sooooo tired of me trying to lowball them!) for a while, and then Erica told me she had a 1.48 ct warm colored OEC coming in that would be at my price point. You know how the rest goes . . . I checked her out, fell in love, had her set by BGD, and now I have my everyday ring!

Pictures are below . . . I wear her as my engagement ring with a rose gold half eternity from Blue Nile (they have some great sales!) and a 1mm "Sol" spacer ring from JewelerOnTheRoof.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1425962983.jpg
imageuploadedbytapatalk1425962970.jpg
imageuploadedbytapatalk1425962950.jpgimageuploadedbytapatalk1425962936.jpg

One of the things I love about these old cuts is how "wonky" they can be. Mine definitely has some light leakage in the middle, and I'm okay with that. I had considered getting an AVR or AVC, but I didn't want something so "perfect." I can't remember who said this, but someone on PS said that we don't live life "in macro," and I think that's so true.

Anyway, gotta go -- baby is calling. Thanks for reading! :dance:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is stunning and looks beautiful stacked with your bands.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful new ring!!! You should be wearing the Iris as a RHR!!! It's a beautiful ring too it seems a shame not to wear it....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! I am a sucker for a beautiful solitaire and this is certainly that. :love:
Enjoy and please post more pics. Lots more pics. :appl:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering who had snapped up that beauty!! I love your diamond, so very pretty!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

That is GORGEOUS! And wow, I am honored to have been the inspiration!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set! I love the rose gold!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The rose gold really compliments your lovely diamond and the set you have created is so very pretty. I love that even though you have an old cut stone you have chosen to set it in a way that is simple but elegant and timeless.

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
arkieb1|1426219069|3846464 said:
Congrats, beautiful new ring!!! You should be wearing the Iris as a RHR!!! It's a beautiful ring too it seems a shame not to wear it....

arkieb1, you inspired me to wear it to work today! (Helps that today's a jeans day . . . Everything goes with jeans!)

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
ame|1426251819|3846553 said:

That is GORGEOUS! And wow, I am honored to have been the inspiration!

ame, I can't tell you how many times I've read your post about the BGD setting (my husband thinks I'm crazy). I love your photography and story-telling style in it. Also, a friend of mine was lamenting about which diamond studs to buy, and I suggested that she email you for advice. "Yeah, email this totally random person on the internet! She seems really nice and helpful on PS and TPF!" :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: I would totally enable your friend. Totally.

Aww I appreciate that! :wavey: There's nothing wrong with stalking a thread...I am the SAME WAY. It becomes a sickness. I am so glad it's finally not cold and crappy out so I can unearth everything again, too.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Stone! Beautiful setting and set!

Ame's thread was instrumental to me too in picking the same setting.

Enjoy it, it looks fantastic on you!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
CRYSTAL24K|1426271842|3846712 said:

Crystal, I just checked out your thread about the Tiffany tapered setting. Swooooon. I was considering buying a Tiffany platinum knife edge wedding band to mix it up some days, and seeing your unboxing picture makes me want to go ahead and order it online. :love: :love: :love:

Also, I love that you mentioned how you're a mom of toddler twin boys. I have two little boys too, and that's also why I ultimately decided to go with the solitaire! Great minds . . . :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: As you already know, I think this is a gorgeous set and classic, timeless, and versatile!!! :love: :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at me starting a "trend." :lol: I wore mine to work for once too. :o

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HegemonyCricket|1426266092|3846664 said:
arkieb1|1426219069|3846464 said:

arkieb1, you inspired me to wear it to work today! (Helps that today's a jeans day . . . Everything goes with jeans!)

Especially OECs! :lol:
Just Beautiful, Hegemony.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1426356444|3847190 said:
Look at me starting a "trend." :lol: I wore mine to work for once too. :o

Yes, I stalked your thread also-LOL

Happy to hear that you wore it to work :)

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
HegemonyCricket|1426284635|3846810 said:
CRYSTAL24K|1426271842|3846712 said:

Crystal, I just checked out your thread about the Tiffany tapered setting. Swooooon. I was considering buying a Tiffany platinum knife edge wedding band to mix it up some days, and seeing your unboxing picture makes me want to go ahead and order it online. :love: :love: :love:

Also, I love that you mentioned how you're a mom of toddler twin boys. I have two little boys too, and that's also why I ultimately decided to go with the solitaire! Great minds . . . :lol:

Thanks! I look at yours and swoon also.

Yes, it is great to have something simple, classic and with clean lines in the midst of the chaos of motherhood.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I''ve been seriously thinking about resetting my diamond into the BGD half round in Rose gold for a while now.
Your pictures are lovely!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an elegant and well balanced set! It looks beautiful on you. Great choice!! :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So classic and simple. The rose gold is perfect for your vintage cut M color stone. It looks just right on your hand. :) Congratulations on your new ring.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The rose gold is lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results