shape
carat
color
clarity

Your mission, if you choose to accept it...sorta bridesmaid...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
So, my best friend is renewing her vows in Jamaica. DH and I are going to be there kind of as their best man and matron of honor. With renewing the vows, you don''t get the title. So, I want to wear a dress that says "I''m here with them" but that doesn''t look bridesmaid-y.

My budget $100. I''m full-figured, large chest, butt to match, relatively decent stomach, plus size. I''m looking for just below the knee. I can''t do blue colors, but pinks and lavendars look good on me (possibly yellow, white, red). I''m willing to go with a "tropical" look or a more simple look, just not satin. I don''t need to shine my a$$.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME! I can''t judge the look of an online dress, and I live in an area where plus size stores are few and far between.

oh, and I''m fair skinned (although I should have a bit of a tan) and have blonde hair and green eyes.

TIA!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best friend is getting married in Aruba in a couple weeks and has had great luck finding adorable plus size dresses on alight.com. There are tons of lovely dresses on there well within your budget.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Monnie~ those are really cute. I think the one with the pineapples would be funny, too, because that''s her "thing". Everywhere she goes, she buys some little pineapple deal. Too funny! That''s a great website. They might be too casual, though. She''s wearing a full length dress (most likely). Of course, we will be on the beach, so I would probably be fine.

Thanks!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mercoledi!

That LB dress is super-cute. I really like the black and white Robbie dress too. Although, Monnie may be right, I could probably wear that green. I had never thought to look at Nordstroms, we don''t have those around here.

Alight has some WEIRD sizing. The bust is 38 and waist is 36??

OOH, that Robbie green dress is shown with shoes I already have....interesting....
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Nordstrom''s is great, they have reasonable shipping and will take returns whenever, no pesky 15 or 30 day limits. I really like the red and black one too, it''s a great shape. There are always options!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2008 12:49:39 AM
Author: somethingshiny
Monnie~ those are really cute. I think the one with the pineapples would be funny, too, because that''s her ''thing''. Everywhere she goes, she buys some little pineapple deal. Too funny! That''s a great website. They might be too casual, though. She''s wearing a full length dress (most likely). Of course, we will be on the beach, so I would probably be fine.

Thanks!
Coincidentally, my friend''s mom LOVES pineapples as well! She has them all over her house, and when I was "online shopping" over the phone with my friend after visiting her last week, we both zero''d in on that dress and we were like "perfect!" It''s adorable.

I hope you find the perfect dress...you''ve been given some good leads, at least. Let us know if you need more help deciding!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if she ordered it or not...last I knew she had added it to her cart but we had hung up before she finalized her order. I''m assuming she did order it, I''ll email her and ask her if she received it yet!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Monnie!

NEW PLAN!!!

I''ve looked at a lot of Donna Ricco dresses and LOVE them. They are a bit pricier than I had intended, but I''m willing to pay it because according to the size chart, I''m almost a perfect size 18W. The chest measurement will actually accomodate the girls, the waist will be nicely loose.

SO, where else besides Nordstroms carries Donna Ricco?? The Macy''s site only had a couple plus size and the Alight site had several, but anywhere else??

This is what I have in mind...

DRpoppiesss.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Monnie. They don''t carry them in plus size in my area. I really want to try on the dress in a couple sizes, but I can''t seem to find one IRL. I''ll keep looking....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re welcome...is there a Von Maur in your area that carries plus size, period? I really love the idea of a summery green for you, it sounds like it would really complement your coloring. The store is not as snooty as you might think, I promise, I used to work for them in Indianapolis and some of the nicest ladies worked at the Iowa stores (we used to do interstore transfers and called each other all the time to see if a size was available to transfer). In fact, if you go into the store and see something you really like they can check their computer and potentially find it in your size somewhere else and have it transferred to their store or shipped directly to you.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Monnie~ the closest Von Maur is about 40 minutes away, and the last time I was there, the plus size was old lady clothes. And, not hip old lady either!

I'm leaning towards this one right now. It's 100% silk, layers with chiffon. I think I can wear it with pearls and pumps for an elegant look, or put on a great purple shoe and some fun jewelry for a trendier look, or throw on a black bolero and wear it in the fall/winter months. What do you think??

HERE IS THE LINK for more views.

DRshirredss.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the black and white number you just posted is beautiful!
36.gif
looks like a winner to me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results