shape
carat
color
clarity

White gold necklace with cream sweater????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I was always told that warmer toned clothes looked better with gold tone jewelry instead of white gold or platinum. I wear cream colored sweaters a lot. I just ordered a diamond pendant in white gold from Whiteflash. Should I have ordered yellow gold instead or doesn''t it matter? My engagement ring & diamond earrings are all white gold or platinum & lately I have been mostly wearing white gold. Just wasn''t sure on the necklace.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, I am AT THIS MOMENT wearing a cream colored sweater with my platinum bezel-set diamond pendant.
1.gif
So I think it''s okay!

I see the point about warmer colors looking nicer with it, but you''re going to presumably wear different colored clothes at different times, so I''d just go with the type of metal you like better, and just stick with the white gold!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I do like the white gold better normally. The ideal thing would be to have a diamond necklace in both white & yellow gold! I can always justify a reason for more diamonds
26.gif
26.gif
26.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer white gold over yellow but at times, like when wearing creme or yellows or browns, sometimes I switch it up to yellow gold. Luckily I have both on hand!
31.gif

I think you are fine with the white gold!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
you know i never even thought about that! i wear cream colored clothes a lot too, and always wear white metal jewelry. In fact i only own one piece of yellow gold and i hardly ever wear it! no one has ever said anything to me and I always think my jewelry looks ok with it so I think you will look great!

and post pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I also prefer white gold or platinum to yellow gold – I think it has a lot to do with your complexion. My mother looks beautiful with yellow gold but on my skin tone yellow gold appears neon – very cheap looking.
20.gif
I would not be discouraged to wear white gold with a cream colored sweater at all! That is the beauty of the a diamond pendant – it will adapt the colors from your sweater and look beautiful. I actually prefer the toned down color of white gold versus gold…but that’s just me….

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results