shape
carat
color
clarity

Which leather coach bag to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
My husband just told me he will be flying out to Kentucky at the end of the month on business. The first thing that came to mind was "Coach". I''m sure they have stores there?? As much as I like my signature fabric bag, it tends to get so dirty. I would like a leather bag that I can wipe clean. Since we don''t have any Coach stores nearby here in Canada, just wondering what styles, or names of bags I should tell him to search for. Thanks. (Not too small, I tend to carry an awful lot of stuff in my purse!) Something that I can carry over my shoulder would be best.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
have you looked on their website to narrow down some styles? Since size can be subjective.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:35:01 PM
Author:beau13
My husband just told me he will be flying out to Kentucky at the end of the month on business. The first thing that came to mind was 'Coach'. I'm sure they have stores there?? As much as I like my signature fabric bag, it tends to get so dirty. I would like a leather bag that I can wipe clean. Since we don't have any Coach stores nearby here in Canada, just wondering what styles, or names of bags I should tell him to search for. Thanks. (Not too small, I tend to carry an awful lot of stuff in my purse!) Something that I can carry over my shoulder would be best.

What part of Canada are you from Beau? We have coach stores in most major city from East to West. You can really avoid duties if you find the bag you want on their site and call the closest store. They will ship it to you right away. It is wonderful and the prices are the same as on their website and there is no exchange or duty. Something to look into. I am from Saskatchewan and I had my bag shipped from Calgary. The service was amazing and I saved hundreds of dollars compared to my mom who purchased hers across the line. Here is the website that shows the stores in Canada. Canadian Coach Stores

ETA: I wanted to add that I really adore the large Zoe bag in leather, it is a descent size and I find that the shoulder strap is the best I have had and really holds the purse on your shoulder instead of falling down your arm like most bags.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the helpful info. MissJaxon. Ilive about 4 hrs north of Toronto. I know there are a couple stores in the Toronto area. I just thought if there as a outlet my husband happened to stumble upon..I''d like to give him a name of a bag, to make his shopping easier. I will look at the "Zoe". Thanks again..very helpful!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:04:30 AM
Author: beau13
Thanks for the helpful info. MissJaxon. Ilive about 4 hrs north of Toronto. I know there are a couple stores in the Toronto area. I just thought if there as a outlet my husband happened to stumble upon..I''d like to give him a name of a bag, to make his shopping easier. I will look at the ''Zoe''. Thanks again..very helpful!
Do you mean outlet as in outlet-outlet? If so, don''t plan on finding any Zoe bag there, usually it takes the better part of a year for a style to reach the discount level of an outlet store...Zoe, having been recently released, wouldn''t be there yet.

You''ll typically find "random" bags at the outlet. Before Coach started naming their bag...those are the ones that are heavily staturated. If you want a Zoe bag, buy it full price.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I''m not fussy..I don''t care what the bag looks like..as long as it''s leather, and a good size to hold my junk!
I don''t need a "Zoe"..and I wouldn''t pay full price for it either. I could always find a Coach bag of some sort on E-bay for a good price. I guess I''ll just let hubby pick out whatever he thinks I''ll like. I haven''t see anyone in my town with a Coach purse..I had one lady make a comment the other day saying "I like your bag..I seen those at Winner''s" I replied..."Winner''s doesn''t sell Coach". She said.."what is Coach..I meant that bag with that sort of design".
33.gif
. So..I''m not concerned that anyone will be sporting the same bag as me. I know there are knockoffs everywhere, and most people have no idea what my handbag is really worth. I can''t see myself (or allowing hubby) to spend more than $200-300 on my next Coach!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
The thing about coach outlets is that you can never tell what will be there. Sometimes, things go straight to the outlet after the retail stores. Now that doesn''t mean that the outlet will put them on the floor right away. They have the right to hold on to them as long as they want. Odds are, the stuff you see at the outlet is the stuff that didn''t do too well in the stores. But you can find a gem every now and then.

Happy hunting to your hubby!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
You're welcome Beau, I guess I never thought about the outlet stores. You will have to come over to the Show me your Coach thread and post your new bag once your husband gets back. Best of luck to him, I bet you wish you could tag along and shop at the outlet yourself
31.gif
, I know I would! But then again you are lucky to have a husband that will go to the coach outlet to get you a bag, I am not sure my FI would go alone lol.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:20:41 PM
Author: missjaxon
You're welcome Beau, I guess I never thought about the outlet stores. You will have to come over to the Show me your Coach thread and post your new bag once your husband gets back. Best of luck to him, I bet you wish you could tag along and shop at the outlet yourself
31.gif
, I know I would! But then again you are lucky to have a husband that will go to the coach outlet to get you a bag, I am not sure my FI would go alone lol.
Totally! :)

My BF bought me a bag from the Coach store for Christmas 2 years ago, which shocked me. I had asked him if he felt strange going their alone, but he said he did not have any problems with it, since there were other guys there too. He would never go to a Coach store at any other time of the year though.

Redfaerythinker is correct about outlets though. I know you really are not looking for a specific bag, so this should not be a problem for you.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''d sit down with the hubs and point out styles you like on the coach website. You''ll usually find a mix of current stuff and their classic styles at an outlet, so if he has an idea of which ones you prefer, he can find one that suits you.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:56:11 AM
Author: Elmorton
I'd sit down with the hubs and point out styles you like on the coach website. You'll usually find a mix of current stuff and their classic styles at an outlet, so if he has an idea of which ones you prefer, he can find one that suits you.
Good idea!

You might even want to get literal with him, by stating whether you want it to have a flap or zip top. If you want the straps to be long or short. Color too. Maybe give him measurements, so send him with a tape measure too :)

Of course, I am assuming your hubby is not a fashionista...maybe he has more fashion sense than I give him credit for. Many apologies for under estimating him, just thinking how my BF's mind works.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can he send pics via his phone? We''ve done that for various things even with DH just at home and me at the furniture store.
2.gif
I''ve been to the mall here that sells Coach many times, but it is just a full retail store, don''t know if they even put anything on sale there. I think it is Yorkdale mall? Huge mall with all the brand name stores and more coming all the time. I think you need to take a shopping holiday down here!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 10:34:31 AM
Author: lyra
Can he send pics via his phone? We''ve done that for various things even with DH just at home and me at the furniture store.
2.gif
I''ve been to the mall here that sells Coach many times, but it is just a full retail store, don''t know if they even put anything on sale there. I think it is Yorkdale mall? Huge mall with all the brand name stores and more coming all the time. I think you need to take a shopping holiday down here!
Yep, Yorkdale, Sherway Gardens, Square One (in Mississauga) and Eaton''s Centre (it may not be open yet) all have Coach stores but things don''t ever go on sale. I am pretty sure you have to go to an outlet for any discounted handbags.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results