shape
carat
color
clarity

Which color dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which color dress should I buy? What color shoes would you wear with it?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Cute dress! Well, my first instinct would to get the dress in black, but it really depends where and what the occasion is? Same with shoes, it depends.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
With your coloring the red would be stunning, but I would probably buy the black b/c I always buy black. Black patent sandals would look great with either.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
T,

Great dress! Ok depends on what/where you are wearing the dress. If it is for a night time thing both work and the black may work better the whole classic little black dress idea and you could do a really pretty silver or gold sandal or conversely you could do a heavier cage/gladiator type shoe since they are hot right now. If you go with the red and it is for night I''d do a metallic shoe over a black shoe or you could really stand out and go with the red and do a really pretty torquise shoe. I have done this before but I like red with that shade of blue.

Now if it is for day/afternoon I prefer the red a great color in the sun and I''d still do a metallic shoe or a really pretty nude and you can even swing a flirty wedge that way if is outside you can walk easily without sinking into the grass which drives me crazy!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I meant to add this is for my sister's wedding shower! But I figure I would wear it again for other things. I am attracted to the black b/c who doesn't always love a little black dress but feel like the red might be more causal.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
For a wedding shower you can really wear anything you like, so I would go with the black dress - it will be easier to wear to other functions in the future
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think for a bridal shower I''d do the red. But it totally depends on what else you have - if you already have a lot of black dresses, definitely the red, but if you''ve been feeling like there aren''t enough LBDs in your wardrobe, I''d do the black. Can you try on both to compare?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, even before I opened the link or saw iluvcarats' response, I was thinking RED RED RED!!! Ha ha, I was also going to say that you look great in red! I am clearly psychic!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either would look gorgeous Tac, I would go black with black pumps or sandals or get both...
27.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Cute dress! I''d get the black and then get fun shoes to play it up a bit.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
If you want more casual i would go with the red and a nude peep-toe (with a kitten heel maybe)

If you want more wear out of it i would go for black and just dress it down with maybe a colored shoe or a funky accessory. I think black can go just about anywhere--it''s all about accessories with black. You could ''dress'' that dress up or down.

it''s super cute btw

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Which best matches all the envelopes?
31.gif

I''m all for the red for a daytime shower. Agree with whoever said metallic sandals or wedges. Adorable dress!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So torn! Since I am STILL not in my old clothes (which does have a few LBDs) so I am tempted to get the black but the red does seem more showerish. I like the idea of nude sandals with it. Plus I think I still could wear the red to a wedding in the future if I never get my old body back. I only tried on the red b/c they didn''t have the black in the store. I am wondering if all the nice detailing (the twists) would be lost on the back. Decisions, decisions...thanks for all the advice!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Red! Gold shoe! I like playing dress up Tacori....

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say thanks a lot...I go to look at your dress and end up purchasing one for myself!!!
20.gif
I blame you for this Tacori!
3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Both look great; that red is eye catching without being "dramatic" and the black is classic (might take you further...). Hard choice.

You could wear a number of colors of shoes...black, tort, silver, gold, taupe, blue (with the red only), creme.........

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, sorry to enable Burk. Okay...just ordered it in red. It was out of character (I normally would go for the classic choice) but figured it would be fun. Now I must up the squats and lunges.
3.gif
It''s not a forgiving fabric. I also bought this dress in chocolate brown. It is super casual and will be nice on really hot days.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am curious b/c a few of you suggested blue with the red (which I would never think of). Which shade do you suggest?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no, I sent it to my mom who said I will probably need a sweater...maybe I should have gone with the black. Oh well.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 3:06:46 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Haha, sorry to enable Burk. Okay...just ordered it in red. It was out of character (I normally would go for the classic choice) but figured it would be fun. Now I must up the squats and lunges.
3.gif
It's not a forgiving fabric. I also bought this dress in chocolate brown. It is super casual and will be nice on really hot days.

Fun choice! The chocolate dress is the one I ordered!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 3:16:01 PM
oh no, I sent it to my mom who said I will probably need a sweater...maybe I should have gone with the black. Oh well.
Really? I''m sure once she sees it on she''ll love it!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, no she does like it but I guess it is still cold in SF in June.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 3:27:34 PM
Burk, no she does like it but I guess it is still cold in SF in June.

I''m sure you can find a cute cardigan or something to wear over it in case you get cold!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tac--the only way i would do blue with a red dress is if the red is fairly bright--then i think a coral blue would be fun (any other blue/red combo screams 4th of July to me--and i am not even american
3.gif
)
Gold would work with the red (but kinda dressy) i am still voting nude.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
totally late to this thread, but i would have gone with the red too (so great choice! :) ) and i would pair it with a nude peep toe...as for the weather, i'd pair it perhaps with a nice pashmena or something?

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Love the dress!! Especially the red. Of course I just had to look around the website and was compelled to buy something, you enabler
2.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Yep, Tacori is an enabler --now i''ve discovered the PS shopping forum (i rarely venture from FHH!)

I like that "sleeveless dress with front twist" as a maternity dress. I was looking for something like that for an occasion while i was pregnant. Now i''ll have to keep an eye on it and see if it goes on sale. A purchase for the next pregnancy maybe
3.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I also vote nude shoes! I'm picturing peep-toe slingbacks...
30.gif
Oh and I'd bring a nude coloured pashmina just in case of chilly weather.

Both dresses are gorgeous Tacori, you have such lovely taste
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. Glad so many people like the red.

Jas12, I am going to do nude shoes to dress it down plus I have a pair already. I have GOT to stop shopping! I see what you mean about 4th of July. This is a dark red (cranberry) so it probably would be ok). Not sure it would work for a mat dress since the twist hits at the waist but who knows. The other dress I bought (and linked) would be PERFECT though.

Libster, what did you buy?!? Did you see they have $25 off if you spend $100?

Delster, you are sweet! Thanks. Of course I do not have a pashmina in nude (only in black and apple green). I think I might have a nude cardi though. I''ll have to check my closet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results