shape
carat
color
clarity

What was your greatest after-christmas/hanukkah sale find(s)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Against my better judgement I ventured out to Nordstrom today hoping that having waited til 130 Id be after the bulk of the rush. Boy was I right...got FANTASTIC parking...Then I happened to spot the smaller version of my soon-to-be purse in the color I purchased and the "correct" size of the one I wanted but in black...I am so anxious to get it now, it''s gorgeous and feels great. The reason I went was really because I had to return most of my husband''s gifts from me because they didn''t fit quite right, so in the process I happened upon some fantastic "dress booties" for him. They NEVER have anything in his size (15W) and they had several great pairs in his size on clearance!!! I got him a couple pairs of shoes, including those booties, some underwear (they actually had his size stocked) and his favorite after shave "emulsion", Bulgari Blu. We thought it was discontinued but I found 2 bottles! I also came across a game table...they had a tin with mexican train, a dominoes game his mother taught us that she learned from her neighbor. Really cheap!!!

Then I mosied down to Sephora, founda couple things to "replenish" and then to Lane Bryant where I got two pair of really great dress pants and two pair of the best fitting jeans ever for 90 bucks!!! And I had gift cards to cover both stores!!!

So what was your best deal?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your finds! My husband and kids accompanied me to the mall so unfortunetly, this meant, I couldn't buy anything because my husband is all anti-materialism and stuff.
7.gif
Well, actually I DID get a pair of jeans. My husband took our son to be fitted for ski boots so I snuck into Lucky and bought the most perfect fitting pair of jeans. I paid full price though. Bad, I know, but none of the sale jeans were my size or the kind of wash I wanted so I had NO choice but to get the over-priced ones.

Did Sephora have any sale items? I am heading back to the mall this week to resize a coat my husband gave me so I absolutely must head to my mecca in search of something fabulous. Maybe Philosophy microdermabrasion?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t go out today, it was rainy and I''ve got a cold...I will probably try to go out tomorrow...mostly for Christmas decor stuff on sale..and I got a DSW gift card so I gots to buy me some boots!!!

Congrats on the finds!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope you feel better tomorrow, Mara.

I just tried my jeans on again at home and this is totally idiotic, but one of the pant legs is about 1/4" shorter than the other and I"m sure nobody else would be able to tell, but the slight difference is bugging me so now I still don''t have new jeans. I''d like just ONE pair of new jeans that fit good. I''ve tried on 20 different pairs these past few weeks and NONE have worked out. Citizens of Humanity have one pair that fit, but I''m not sure about the wash. Too faded.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sucks!!! I too am extremely particular about my jeans. When I find some I like, I buy several pair. I wear a 16ish so I was elated when Lane Bryant had some that not onnly fit but had the rise I wanted AND were really dark. I bought two and I might go buy at least 2 more. I wear jeans daily.

Sephora didn't wow me and unless I am blind, no sales. The items I bought were stuff I use and will soon run out of. I bought one other item, a makeup bag, that I Should have looked insidebefore I Bought because it's supposed to hold brushes, and I don't carry brushes with me. It would be a great travel thing but I don't travel much.

fell better Mara...everyone is sick!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2005 9:30:46 PM
Author: ame
That sucks!!! I too am extremely particular about my jeans. When I find some I like, I buy several pair. I wear a 16ish so I was elated when Lane Bryant had some that not onnly fit but had the rise I wanted AND were really dark. I bought two and I might go buy at least 2 more. I wear jeans daily.
Jeans are my wardrobe too. . .

I try and do the buy-more-than-one-of-the-same pair method, but sometimes when I try on a second pair the difference in fit is substantial enough that I''ve had to go down a size for the same style to fit. Major quality control issues, especially at the Gap.

You''re lucky to find really dark jeans that fit. I can''t seem to find any.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t hit the stores yet, was sick all day yesterday, but I''m going to try later today perhaps. I''m probably out of luck, but I usually love going to Container Store to get their pretty wrapping papers on sale. And yeah just to replenish our xmas decorations and supplies for next year. Maybe a sweater or two and I''ll pop into Banana to see if there is anything good because I got a gc there this year.

Date: 12/26/2005 11:05:12 PM
Author: MC

Date: 12/26/2005 9:30:46 PM
Author: ame
Jeans are my wardrobe too. . .

I try and do the buy-more-than-one-of-the-same pair method, but sometimes when I try on a second pair the difference in fit is substantial enough that I''ve had to go down a size for the same style to fit. Major quality control issues, especially at the Gap.

You''re lucky to find really dark jeans that fit. I can''t seem to find any.
Eh, it isn''t just Gap. I''ve even had that problem with Sevens and Citizens. The sizes in my closet are all over the place...from 4''s to 10''s and 27s to 31 inches...the only brand that I am consistantly one size, where I can just pick it up and know that the pants will fit are bcbg. But I don''t have their jeans, just pants for work. Good luck in finding dark jeans...its so hard too! Its like they look dark whe you pick them up and then they have all of these faded areas all over when all I want is a solid dark wash!

I get frustrated even hearing or thinking about shopping for jeans! Why can''t they all just stick to one universal size chart?!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Jean shopping is the pits!
32.gif

I just end up depressed after!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't even get me started on the SIZES and how skewed they are....

I mean I am 5'8" and about 140 lbs, taller and curvy but not an extreme of big or skinny/thin....and my waist is kind of a straight one with not too much dip, so I wear a 30 at the waist. Nothing huge and nothing tiny. Most of my gal friends are right there with me and sometimes I can wear a 29. But hello the jeans that I buy only seem to go up to what 31 or 32 in stores? I have NEVER seen anything larger than a 32 for any of the Seven or AG or COH or Denim and Cloth jeans in the stores. I even have gotten THE LOOK when I ask if they have a 30 for heaven's sake. Like I am a heifer!

It just amazes me that with how much of America being overweight, why doesn't someone update the friggin size charts from when? 1950? How depressing is it for many of these women to have to shop at larger women's clothing stores because Juicy or some other cool manufacturer only goes to XL (and by the way I wear a LARGE) and the sizes are snug to begin with. WHY make snug sized clothes? I told a friend that I was a large once in Juicy and she was like no way you can't be a large. Well I AM a large and they only go to XL so what does someone who is 15lbs heavier wear? The plus sized Juicy equivalent?

No wonder women are always depressed when they go shopping!! The size scales are never accurate, the size charts are from the 50's or earlier when Marilyn Monroe at a size 12 was huge. Now that is the average American size. And no one has bothered to change it so that what, 16 is a plus size still? That's ridiculous.
38.gif

Personally I think that everyone in America should just stop eating at McDonalds and lose some weight if for no other reason than 'health', but easier said than done obviously as all us ladies know, also lifestyles force most people to live on-the-go and that includes the food they consume. So I doubt that America is getting smaller anytime soon, so why don't these clothing manufacturers get a CLUE??? They could sell to happier women and probably more product if they expanded the market a bit!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Couldn''t agree more Mara.
2.gif
Hope you feel better.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
. Good luck in finding dark jeans...its so hard too! Its like they look dark whe you pick them up and then they have all of these faded areas all over when all I want is a solid dark wash!

I get frustrated even hearing or thinking about shopping for jeans! Why can''t they all just stick to one universal size chart?!
Thanks. I went back today and tried on over 30 pairs of jeans over the course of two hours! Crazy. I ended up buying the ONLY pair of dark jeans w/out fading that I could find that fit. From the Gap. I even took into the dressing room five pairs of the same size to find the single pair of the bunch that fit best. They were on sale for $40!

Also picked up a pair of jeans from Macy''s. Blue 2 ones. . .they weren''t on sale, but fit good so it is worth paying $88 plus tax.

Hope you get a chance to hit Banana Republic. I didn''t get a chance to check out their sales stuff. I''ve spent my newly assigned clothing budget for this week. lol

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I finally went out today, Crate and Barrel for some gold topiary trees, pillows and new kitchen rugs, all at something like 40-50%...got about 6 new rolls of wrapping paper at the Container Store at 50% off, I love wrapping paper and I replenish the stash every year with sales...

Then I went to the movies with my Mom and after went to BCBG to look for something to wear for NYE, I tried on a bunch of stuff, and they had cute gauchos too but I didn't want to get distracted...I'll have to go back for those...and ended up with the cutest bunched top where it ruches at your hips and flows out a bit in black at 50% off ...score! So now I just have to figure out the pants for NYE and the jewelry and I'm all set.

So not bad!! I may venture out tomorrow and go to the actual mall and see what they have going on there. We'll see how motivated I am...there was tons of people at the mall I went to today still (outdoor Californian kind of mall), amazingly enough!!!

Oh and I bought some AG Merlot jeans at 50% off a few days ago online, so that counts right? hehehe.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t ventured out to the malls yet, but I did order online a Juicy velour hoodie set in the color Puff Puff, a dark gray color and I got that for 20 % off.

I do have great news, there is a bag company called Be & D and my sister happens to have a bag I really like called the Crawford Cruise. they make the softest leather bags I have ever felt and it just gets better with age. My sister has had her bag now for 2 years, she has one of the first bags that they ever made because she is friends with the makers.
I always liked her bag, and the other day when I gave her the clutch I got her for Christmas, I mentioned that I really liked it and she said she would talk to Be and try to get me a bag for really cheap.
Now I can''t decide which one I want, either the crawford cruise or the regular crawford hobo (which is bigger). I know I want it in chocolate, so I am settled on the color at least.

The crawford hobo retails for $995 and she can get it for $300 to $350 and the crawford cruise retails for $795 and she can get it for $275 to $300, so I just have to pick the size.

I met both of them before at my mom''s annual New Year''s party, right before they even started making bags. The Be is actually the guy''s name, Be, he is Loatian. I can''t remember what the D stands for, either Daniel or David, but they are a couple and have been going out for a while now, I guess.
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does shopping online count?! I got three pairs of flip flops and two tanks for $40 with tax and shipping from J.Crew two days ago! All their sale items were an additional 25% off, and I am now shopping for spring/summer, and vacations. The flip flops were $5.24 plus tax after the 25% off! Sometimes they are as low as 2.99, but then they only come in size 11 and 12, from what I''ve seen. Before the sale started last week I got one pair of flip flops and two tanks (2 for $20) for $36 with tax and shipping, so now I''m up 4 pair of flip flops and four tanks for under $100! I sure do love me some J.Crew
face23.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah Butterfly, I got a pair of the Success snap pants from Juicy (too cute, my first pair of snap pants) and a pomegranate hoodie..I waited too long to buy during the sale and then what I wanted was sold out (the pom set!)....oh well, I''m happy and my girlfriend bought the Large Success hoodie and it''s too big for her so I may buy it off her.

Today I went out to the mall again, the real mall, and got some Xmas decor stuff at Restoration and PB at 50% off which was sweet...I still need to buy a few things online at the PB store unfortunately, I hate when stores only carry some stuff online and some offline!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m all tapped out LOL

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I had a great time at the Casual Corner going out of business sale last night. 75% off clothing & shoes. My husband went with me and HE kept finding me things to try on. He suggested a jean jacket that is dressier than most jean jackets and does not have the top front pockets. I never would have even given it a 2nd look but it looks really cute and was something like $12. I also got a winter white short semi-puffy coat for around $15. Gold sandals for $20 and several work items dirt cheap. I''m so sorry they''re going out of business but at least the sale was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results