shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite type of wallet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Do you use a slim wallet, checkbook wallet, french purse? I''m looking to replace mine and trying to decide whal style works best. I guess it really depends on the bag, but I''m wondering what you''ve found to work best for you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use a wristlet that I got from Coach (the kind I have they only carry at the outlet, not it the regular stores). It is big enough that you can fit dollar bills in flat and it has a pocket on the front for change.

It''s big enough to also carry by itself if you just need money, credit cards, keys and a cell phone, but it''s not so big that it''s bulky inside your purse.

coach3.JPG

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i really don''t like checkbook wallets and this is in no way meant to insult anyone, but to me they are kind of like mom jeans. however, i''m not all that organized and i think that''s an organized woman''s choice.

i have a magic wallet. it''s slim and leather and it has this elastic that keeps the money in place. definately a minimalist wallet

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe lulu i agree. i am soo not a wallet person. i actually just use a small tan coach coin purse with 3 card slots and a zipper for my ''wallet''. it holds my credit cards and my ID and any cash and change. that''s all i need. i write like 2 checks a year. hehee.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I've never carried a checkbook and it's only been a problem a couple of times. I used to carry just a few cards, license and money, but I need more slots than I used to...life gets more and more complicated as the years go on! I have stuff for me and the kids...insurance id cards, gift cards, etc. I use an inexpensive, small one when I travel or go to the city and just take credit card, ATM card, insurance info, and license.

I like a wallet, but I don't like when they get bulky. I have an older Coach wallet, but it's their traditional leather that lasts forever, but is on the thicker side. I'd like something new, but am not sure what to buy.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i currently own a wallet that holds my licences and cards, checkbook (even though I rarely write checks and when i do it''s at home in from of my computer) and pictures of my kids and I desparetly need something else. I actually saw Dee Jay''s wristlet and it is very cute and fit great inside her big purse. We''re going to the coach outlet next friday so I''m going to check them out as well as some other wallet type things.

elle

Shiny_Rock
I have the LV wallet that opens on both sides - one for coins and one for cards and cash - all I need. It''s my second one - the first one lasted 10 years!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a timely thread! I am looking to replace my wallet as well.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like a contained wallet that I could grab and carry alone and it has all my stuff...

credit card slots, check book space, a little thing for a pen, coin area, and closes well...

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I'd been thinking LV, but $500-$700 for a wallet is a bit much unless I'm SO in love with it. I know they last a long time but so has every other wallet I've ever had. I once had a gorgeous Bosca leather wallet and separate credit card case that I loved until I was sick of them.

I used to always buy leather, but now I want lightweight and wonder if the non-leather Coach/LV types aren't lighter than leather. I'll know it when I see it. I like some spots for receipts/credits and I like coin pouches with zippers instead of heavy hardware closures. So many of the wallets and purses that I like have cute, but heavy hardware. I can't remember to get everything from home before I end up at a store. It's all different when one spends most of one's time working/thinking about others instead of oneself. I love my kids, but I know things will seem much less busy when I only have to think about minutia involving myself/partner on a daily basis!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The best wallet is the kind filled with my DH money!!!
3.gif
In all seriousness, for decades I carried only a coin purse that held my bills as well, and a LV card holder; but recently my DH bought a leather Gucci wallet he used for one month and decided he hated it, so now I''ve inherited it. Everything is amalgamted into the one wallet now, but I do find it large and now no use for the card holder......I changed purses today and was tempted to go back to my "old" ways....altho the Gucci wallet is very nice......

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI I am on my THIRD LV checkbook wallet in three years. The sealant peels and it has not held up but I like them best for me because I like the configuration of it with room for everything. I do not think I am any harder on it than an average person, but I have not found they hold up that well. Again, it is what works for me in terms of style, so I will likely continue to buy them unless I find a better option...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 1:00:15 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Me too, Tacori!

I''m despirately in need of a new wallet....the one I have now is falling apart and a disgrace...

I must say that B-bag thread has infected me. I''ve never spent a lot of money on a wallet or a bag in my life, and lately I''m checking out designer websites like mad....
20.gif

$6-700.00 for a wallet???!!!!
23.gif
I''m shocked! Have people always spent tons of money on bags/wallets, etc....or is this something new? I guess I''m really out of touch...

Requirements for me: Leather, Accessible change compartment, not too big (no checkbook), and absolutely NO DESIGNER MONOGRAMS (LV, etc)

widget

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You mean that empty thing in my bag that has an un-used credit card and an old tic tac? LOL...I generally have everything floating all over the bag and my debit/check card in one purse pocket....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually have a large enough purse for my wallet and if I am going out at night I usually just take some cash, my id and a credit card. I could never fit the big mama in my smaller bags, but do not need to so it is fine!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2006 7:31:16 PM
Author: widget

Date: 11/16/2006 1:00:15 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Leather, Accessible change compartment, not too big (no checkbook), and absolutely NO DESIGNER MONOGRAMS (LV, etc)

widget
HI Widget:

When my DH saw the Bottega Veneta wallets he practually threw the Gucci at me; small, elegant, softest leather and best yet....NO monograms (altho in all faierness, you can''t ven see the G''s on the black wallet)! Very fine quality men''s and women''s leather products.

cheers--Sharon

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I used to be a keychain wallet gal (just not a purse person!), but then I realized I really needed to start carrying my cell phone with me. So I got the next best thing... a wristlet! Mine is the Coach hamptons. But then I realized needed any itty bitty wallet to go in the wristlet... so after some online investigation I got myself an all-ett... it''s supposed to be the thinnest wallet out there. It holds six cards total, 3 on each side, which is good enough for me since usually only carry about 4 cards and a couple of bills. The wristlet holds the all-ett wallet, keys, cell phone, and chapstick! This pic shows the wristlet and all-ett compared to my huge Kenneth Cole regular wallet (that has like 20 cards in it!).

wllts1119.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Since I last posted on this thread, I got a new wallet. Bo....ring, I know, but it suits me: skinny, soft distressed leather (B-bag influence), big accessable coin purse.

I don''t really like the quilting/studs, but what the heck...it was on sale...

widget

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2006 9:42:34 PM
Author: LizzieC
I used to be a keychain wallet gal (just not a purse person!), but then I realized I really needed to start carrying my cell phone with me. So I got the next best thing... a wristlet! Mine is the Coach hamptons. But then I realized needed any itty bitty wallet to go in the wristlet... so after some online investigation I got myself an all-ett... it''s supposed to be the thinnest wallet out there. It holds six cards total, 3 on each side, which is good enough for me since usually only carry about 4 cards and a couple of bills. The wristlet holds the all-ett wallet, keys, cell phone, and chapstick! This pic shows the wristlet and all-ett compared to my huge Kenneth Cole regular wallet (that has like 20 cards in it!).
Hi Lizzie!

I, too, am not much of a purse person and only started carrying one when I got a cell phone. Is this the all-ett you refer to? http://www.all-ett.com/prod.html Is yours the ''Junior''? If this is it, what do you think of the material? The reviews I saw complained that the material was noisy ... just curious. Right now my ''wallet'' is a leather card carrier ~ but when I have to fold up bills to stick them in there it gets fairly thick.

TIA! Love the wristlet as well!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as it is compact enough to hold my dollar bills, licenses, medical and credit cards, and fits into my jeans/khaki back pocket, I''m good to go. Black and leather preferred.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My preference is for a wallet to be bright colored. It seems like so many bags have dark linings and it really annoys me to not be able to find my wallet. My current one is hot pink. Not exactly sophisticated but I don''t have to fish around for it at check outs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results