shape
carat
color
clarity

What foundation and/or powder do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Inspired by my La Mer question, what foundation and/or powder do you use? I am looking for something light.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I like the MAC Studio Fix Powder/Foundation. I apply it with a brush so it goes on really light, but still smooths out my complexion.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I use mary kay. I prefer MAC make-up, but all their foundations have a beige base and my skin simply does not. Mary kay is the only one I have found that has the pinker base that looks natural on my skin.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I use Mary Kay also.You can get tinted moisturizer also.I find that if its very hot and you sweet you loose the tinted moisturizer but the foundation is ok,,

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Laura Mercier oil free tinted foundation. It gives a nice coverage. Then I lightly dust their foundation powder on top, using a big fluffy brush.

I also like Napoleon Perdis foundations and powders. Really nice products as well.

I have some Smashbox, Kevyn Aucoin, Lorac and Josie Maran product that I like as well.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I use Juice Beauty organic tinted moisturizer. UBER light, and good for your skin--has non chemical SPF too.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Bare Escentuals because it''s the lightest, most non-irritating I''ve found. The lightest color has a neutral base so it doesn''t turn me orange like most do since most have a beige base.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I second the Laura Mercier tinted moistruiser. I seem to use less coverage the older I get. For night I use Chanel cream foundation.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just bought the new YSL foundation--it is dreamy and silky smooth. I ran out of my MAC pressed powder and grabbed a Covergirl product at the grocer...and I really like it! Who knew?
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I have a MAC foundation now, and it is okay. I prefer my Lancome foundation, however.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just use a little concealor (under eyes, on blemishes or red areas) and NARS pressed powder. I''ve never been a big fan of foundation but I need a little coverage to even out my skintone. The Nars powder does the trick for me, it is super light but still covers well enough.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I use Paula Begouns SPF 15 Best Face Forward Foundation & SPF 15 Healthy Finish Pressed Powder. if I was looking for something just to even out my skin w/sheer coverage I would go for her Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF 20 or Aveda''s Inner Light Tinted Moisture SPF 15 I
emlove.gif
Aveda.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I use Clinique undereye concealer under my eyes and then a little on blemishes or minor spots with redness if I have them that day. If I''m having a lot of redness or it''s a special occaison (heavier make-up day), I use Mary Kay''s cream-to-powder foundation on my cheeks and forehead, and then I brush Bare Escentuals tinted mineral veil over it.

If it''s a natural make-up day (which are most days), I do the undereye concealer followed by just the Bare Escentuals tinted mineral veil and then apply a light bronzer (I have Mary Kay bronzing beads, but they''re discontinued, so I don''t know what I''ll do when they run out) to my cheeks and forehead.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE BARE ESCENTUALS!!! its the best stuff in the world! tis so light and gives great coverage! Its fantastic! Not to mention it lasts FOREVER!

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
I''ve used MAC Studiofix for years and I love it! I also apply with a brush and it''s very light and natural.

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
I use Chanel Teint Fluide Universel (liquid foundation). It''s great because it''s lightweight and comfortable, it has vitamins in it and it also has sunblock in it.
I apply it with a brush and it really smooths out my complexion.

For powder I use Trish McEvoy mineral powder. They also have the best powder brushes.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Right now I''m using Paula''s Choice Best Face forward w/ SPF 15, a light dusting of Stila Illuminating Powder foundation (my FAVORITE - its incredible, makes you look glowy and fresh and flawless, but I like additional coverage for long days and some additional sunscreen protection). Then I set it all with Laura Mercier loose translucent powder - its lovely
30.gif

I''m planning to try out Stila''s new tinted moisturizer w/ SPF 30 because I want a stronger sunscreen and its supposed to be light and moisturizing but not oily. I think it might be perfect for summer
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Another Bare Minerals gal! I use the SPF foundation. I use a kabuki brush if I really want to have the flawless face, but usually I just put it on my cheeks and forehead with a blush brush. On really good skin days, I just use the Mineral Veil. When I''m a bit tan in the summer, I can just put a little Warmth in with the foundation to deepen the color a bit.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use T. LeClerc...

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and it is based on rice powder and IS very light. Great for oily skin. Come in colors from translucent to lavender to blue. No kidding. Great stuff!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the new Estee Lauder double wear light in the tube, with the concealer and the powder. I really like it. Oil free, long wearing, nice finish.

I bounce from thing to thing. I have Cle de Peau and La Prairie, MAC, Smashbox, Lauder, Lancome, Origins, Laura Mericer, Armani, Trish, Becca, YSL...and certain times my skin looks better than other times with certain ingredients.

I also think good skin care and priming is vital so your skin is not dry or flakey.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 2:52:17 PM
Author: mintve
I LOVE BARE ESCENTUALS!!! its the best stuff in the world! tis so light and gives great coverage! Its fantastic! Not to mention it lasts FOREVER!

Ditto this. A little goes a very long way. My skin has been awesome and I receive lots of compliments when I wear it. I was never into foundation before this (and I''ve only had it for a few months). I just figured out how to properly apply blush lol. It''s amazing.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I just discovered Makeup Alley online and listed my Bare Essentials starter kit. It made me look a gazillion times older. Every little line was magnified.
32.gif

I have been cranky pants ever since I ran out of my Stila Complete Coverage on New Years Eve. I cut the tube open and reapplied my makeup while cursing at the Bare Essentials. I knew that Stila CC was being discontinued
29.gif
a few years ago, so I bought up every tube at Nordstroms in my city. I finally found one tube from a girl on Makeup Alley, but someone who she swapped with clearly tried to thin it out. But it had aloe in it and I swear that is why people still think I am my daughters sister.

So I have been on a major foundation hunt for the last few months because I don''t want to look crapola at my daughters upcoming wedding.
32.gif

I have a very yellowish complexion and need moisture as well. I have tried a LOT of stuff over the last two months. I haven''t broken out in over 15 years with Stila, but boy have I broken out trying out all this stuff...I think it''s the "primers" that everyone is marketing now. It seems to make things worse. Booooooo And clogged pores. I think I need to toss my little 10x magnifying mirror.
41.gif

So, today I mixed the swapped Stila CC with a little Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and it seems to match my color well. I am still not lovin'' the complexion, but I suffer from perfectionist syndrome sometimes and have to remember that I am human and will age.
29.gif

Good thread... I was trying to remember what I used before the Stila, (I am still bitter that Estee Lauder bought them and ran them into the ground, but hopeful they bring the foundation back now that EL sold them off). This thread reminded me that I used to use Lancome powder base. I should go out and get some more to see how it works again.
35.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sue,
I hear you about the bare minerals showing every line. I can''t stand it. And the primer also made me break out. I am still sort of using it and using loreal minerals that I had previous to bare minerals. I am desperate for a foundation that will look natural, provide coverage for my undereye circles and not rub off- yuck I hate that. I am interested in any new ideas?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Light liquid: Maybelline Mineral Power Perfecting Liquid
Light fdtn powder: Shiseido Powdery foundation.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julie, how is that Maybelline? I have been wanting to try it!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty good. Very natural looking. I've seen sample cards at two CVS stores.

Currently at 3.5/5 rating with 69 reviews and 62% would rebuy on MakeupAlley.

Me: combo skin with dry flakes, oily T-zone. I don't think there's any fdtn in the world that looks good with scaly flakes. Light-medium, warm toned.

The foundation: love the dropper bottle. Has SPF 18, I think via octinoxate. Bought this in Medium 0, Light Beige. Reminds me of art stores. Comes in 16 shades, looks like a very good color selection except for the very pale. I think it's oil-free. It's very smooth. I've used a couple of new generation foundations with silicones, but this seems smoother without feeling like pure silicones. Coverage is light. Medium 0 is a little light for me, but it's not obvious. Medium 2 is darker and pinker, but it still looks ok on me, so I think the shades are pretty forgiving.

I think Maybelline Instant Age Rewind cream is really good, but it's too heavy/oily for me right now.

The Mineral Power concealer is the one that actually gets pretty good reviews. Again, light coverage (in the concealer world, I guess.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results