shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you look for in a quality hand bag?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Shoppers of the forum,
What do you consider the most important features of a handbag?What sways you to buy...the brand , price,size,shape, color of lining,amount and location of pockets,material and color...thanks for the help!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Jeweler - It depends on what I"m looking for, but I look to make sure it is functional... does it have enough room in the main pocket for what I would carry, does it have any extra inner or outer pockets to offer versatility? I like neutrals, brown, and black, but some purses just stand out (I have the picnic Dooney and bourke which matches a lot, I also have a bright pink purse and two mossy oak camo because I"m country lol). I like something that will be long lasting, like leather. I won''t do more than one cloth bag as the cloth tends to get worn and if there''s leather lining you can''t wash it. The zipper or clasp should be sturdy and reliable, and the inner lining durable so it won''t break and end up with me losing a lip gloss between the inner and outer layer. I''m not necessarily a name brand only gal, but I also tend to collect unique bags lol. I DO love Dooney and Bourke and Coach purses though, they have some very nice designs (dooney has the giraffe and zebra leather, and their leathers are nice, as well as the patchwork picnic I have now, and coach''s patchwork designs are pretty, especially the christmas).

I hope this is helpful!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2008 2:35:36 PM
Author:jewelerman
Shoppers of the forum,
What do you consider the most important features of a handbag?What sways you to buy...the brand , price,size,shape, color of lining,amount and location of pockets,material and color...thanks for the help!
It depends on the purpose of the bag....I have different price points for an investment bag such as a Hermes Kelly ( named after our idol of course!!) , or just an everyday holdall type bag. Are you buying one as a gift for someone? If you give us an idea of budget, style of the person and intended use if thats the case, then we can maybe offer some suggestions? All of the above can influence me depending...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I look at the leather, stitching, handles, and hardware first after I find a style I like. My standards are different for different price point bags though.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Style is important for me. It needs to have the right look, and not be super bulky. I like large bags, but not ones that stick 2 feet out from your side. And the handles. It has to fit comfortably on my shoulder. There are so many nice bags that don''t, and I don''t like always carrying my bag on my wrist or in my hand.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
since i have an infant now, i need something that fits his stuff along with my stuff without being too big and without it looking like a mommy bag. style, size, practicality, and color.
with all that said, i will admit it, i am a bag whore!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Personally, it''s everything.

If I''m looking to spend a decent ammount of money on bag...which I consider 500.00 and above...everything has to be in equal messure. Even if I love the pockets of a bag, if the color is wrong I''m not buying it and vice versa.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the above!
I love handbags as much as I love bling...they are both equally my weakness. I am definitely into overall quality. If the bag is leather, the leather has to be high quality. If I am going to spend a small fortune on a handbag then I want it to be worth every penny!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 12:39:58 AM
Author: puffy
since i have an infant now, i need something that fits his stuff along with my stuff without being too big and without it looking like a mommy bag. style, size, practicality, and color.

with all that said, i will admit it, i am a bag !

Big Ditto to this entire post!!

I''ve never carried a "diaper bag". I''ve always carried a designer bag that was big enough for everything without looking like a duffel.

For me, after the initial "OMG, I''ve got to have that bag!" reaction (which is based purely on aesthetics), I look at the handle. It has to fit just right since I usually have a toddler in tow. Then, I check all the pocket areas. It has to have separate compartments for my items (but of course, that changes if I''m just getting an evening type bag instead of a daily bag). I check the stitching from top to bottom, I tug on the pockets and handle to make sure they will withstand normal wear and tear. A beautiful lining is always nice, but what''s more important is that it not be stitched down to the bottom of the bag. That way, I can turn it out and wash it if necessary.

As far as the aesthetics that draw me to a bag, first is a great shape. Then, color and hardware. I''m not a fan of "plain" in any way, so I usually go for the chunky hardware or crystals on a metallic or colored bag. I love all different materials, it really depends on the season.

And, of course, the deciding factor is the price. But, I don''t go to the high end labels to find my bags. I know what I want to spend and go to stores that will be in that range.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soft soft soft quality leather, nice hardware, usually a particular color (I like caramel leather colors), but it doesn''t have to be a brand I''m aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results