shape
carat
color
clarity

TA DA...New Coussin LV!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new bag, M!! It looks great!! I''ve never been much of a designer bag person, but this is making me rethink my stance....Uh-oh, time to walk away from the computer, hehe.

BTW, Portia looks adorable in those wings. I saw a white Westie on my run this morning. So cute!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: Strange - I just reread kayla's post abt the measurements of the bag and it's the same as the one I got off the LV site? Another case of eluxury not always posting the right picture as the ones you get in the store. I remember when I got my manhattan gm, they had a different bag on their ads and on eluxury, and if I hadn't bought mine from the LV boutique, I would probably think I got done and bought a fake
38.gif

The horizontal one I posted is 10.6" x 10.6" x 2".

I prefer horizontal bags in that size because I usually put my laptop in my bags, and for some weird, weird reason, I've got it in my head that if the weight of the laptop is spread horizontally, the weight gets distributed across a wider area and therefore doesn't 'drag' as much on my shoulders.

Hey I said it's weird
9.gif

Ok this is one of the ones I am currently coveting:

LV Popincourt Haut.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
And this:
11.gif

LV Klara Vienna.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah how odd that the measurements say 10.6x10.6 for the horizontal because that picture JL posted is definitely NOT a square. I didn''t even think that my vertical one is a square, but maybe it is!

i like that little new wallet kayla...i usually only carry 2 card with me, my bank card and my main cc...and then my DL. as for cash, well i rarely carry it as i charge almost everything and just pay it off when the bill comes so i don''t need to carry lots of bills and coins.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Mara i love love love your new bag!!!! congrtaulations!!!

i absolutely adore LV''s and I am so happy with my trouville (though it can get tiring at times coz it has two short straps to carry with your hands and no shoulder strap) but i wear it with everything!!

can''t wait for my next purchase =D

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Mara: I love your new LV! I am also a fan of handbags that have straps that allow the bag to fit right under your arm pit. Thanks for the pics! I have never seen that style. Does it come in the monochrome colors??? If so, I may have to invest in one myself....

ETA: Forgive me...meant to ask if it comes in the multicolore? I guess I was so excited that I typed in the wrong word.
9.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a very nice bag!
30.gif
Your husband did a good job!

My friend''s mother goes to Europe every year, and buys the "knock-off" bags that are made with the actual LV leather. Apparently, some guy uses the leftover, but they''re more expensive than a regular knock-off but the quality is very nice! I have to try to talk her into picking me up one next time she goes!

I''ve been searching high and low for a nice "under the arm" bag, but just can''t find anything that I love! I looked at the Coach outlet store yesterday, and they were having some good sales, but a bunch of the bags I liked had the cloth straps, and I don''t like those as much.

When I don''t have extra money to spend, I find a zillion things I love...but when I have money to burn, I can''t find a damn thing! What is up with that?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
While we are posting favorites...

lvpwbag.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mara, it is perfect!!!

I really love this bag, but I''m concerned about how it fits under your arm when you are wearing a winter jacket! I''m sure you don''t really have that problem in CA, but here in CT, I have to live from now until April-ish in heavy jackets. What do you think?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HMM Rascal you'll just have to go into the store and try it on to see...
31.gif

I think depending on what size you are, it could still fit over a shoulder with a heavy coat on. aka if you were smaller. Don't know if *I* could get it on over a big wool winter coat, I'm pretty tall, not exactly dainty so it may be doubtful....so I'd check into it at the store and see! LOL at you going into the store in your heaviest coat and going I want to try the purse!!
2.gif
The things we gals do for fashion!!

Hmm multicolor? I haven't seen it yet but then again I seem to have a limited view of LV's since on my client was the first time I had seen THIS style. I like the muticolored but they are SO much more pricey...and I like the monochrome because it really goes with almost everything! I wear alot of neturals.

Still LOVING my bag!!
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
LOL, guess I will just have to go and see Mara! I may look a bit funny in a heavy winter jacket because with my luck that day will be much warmer
2.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Mara: You are right...the monochrome (classic brown and gold) go with anything. The multicolore bags, at least the ones with the white backgrounds are more spring-y to me. I don''t think I could wait for 4-5 months to use the multicolore!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So glad you got the bag Mara! It is a classic and the perfect size. I also loved the adorable Halloween picture of Portia. What a cutie she is!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh Mara it''s perfect! Congrats!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I LOVE your LV bag, Mara! I was just in Valley Fair this past weekend and saw the Coussin. It is yummy!!! Looks like it can carry a lot of things. I also like the wallet that you were looking at. I was thinking about this wallet:

The measurements are 4.5" L x 4" H.

JadeLeaves: I love the black LV purse! It's so different. I've not seen it in the store.

LV Wallet1.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2005 9:29:31 PM
Author: Rascal49
LOL, guess I will just have to go and see Mara! I may look a bit funny in a heavy winter jacket because with my luck that day will be much warmer
2.gif

Hi Rascal,
I used the bag the other day with my winter coat (but it''s not my heavy winter coat) and I kind of felt that the straps were getting a bit stretched out because it was hard to pull them over the arms. I actually let the bag hang on my arm instead.
The straps on this bag are very thin, even thinner than the LV petit bucket, so they will get stretched out a bit once they are broken into.
I am not a big person, 5''3" and 112 lbs. and without the coat the bag fits fine.
You definitely have to try it on in the store and see how it fits. Wear it with the coat you will most likely use the most this winter.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky, which wallet is that one? I only know them by the names on eLuxury...hehee.

Still trying to figure out which one to get. I'd also like something I can use in my pochette too so I am thinking maybe the one Kayla got that I posted originally...hmm hmm. Also it's cheaper, aka $240 so I can justify it more easily mentally..tee hee.

Thanks guys, the purse is a nice size actually!!! Not too big and not too small. I am currently also craving the Luco Tote at a cool $1k! Yikes!

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
The funny thing was that Greg, after having the experience on going into the store and purchasing it (and making friends with the store manager etc)...they had ONE in the drawer and it was only because they were just opening the store, so he would have had to order it otherwise I guess...he is now totally not as derogatory about the nature of spending $800 on a purse...because he saw how happy it made me and also because he had fun purchasing it and he recognizes that their stuff is well-made and he knows I will really use it. So now he is actually more PRO than he was before on spending on items like this. I pointed out that this was not any more frivolous than buying a diamond or something fun for the car or the house etc.
31.gif
Aaaah you are lucky! :) My bf is extremely practical and doesn''t understand spending money on any appearance/fashion-related, non-necessary goods. If it were up to him, I wouldn''t be getting a diamond e-ring! (I would have been ok with that, as I love tanzanite). But I don''t foresee him ever buying me a designer bag or designer anything. I could buy stuff with my own money, but there''s that whole shared values thing...oh well, at least I won''t have to worry about him making extravagant purchases and blowing money on things I don''t agree with!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, the bag is perfect! I called the LV store in SF for the Coussin GM (the horizontal one) and that one cost $925. Did you say yours cost only $800? That''s such a better deal! I''ve been admiring the Manhattan PM for awhile now, but it''s $1280! So can''t really splurge on it.....yet.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Milly, the vertical one was something like $750 plus tax so just over $800. The horizontal is more expensive?! How odd?

tea...Greg is VERY practical, so I was surprised he was so on-board with the purchase after we negotiated it to be Birthday AND Xmas! hehe.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I look at it this way: a LV bag I can use for years and years to come. Otherwise, I end up buying less expensive bags that I only use for a season or even less because of changing styles, extensive damage, etc. For me, it is actually a better deal to front the $$ now for something I truely love and will not go out of style next month
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rascal, that''s exactly what Greg said and I heartily agreed. He has seen how much I use my other expensive bags and how well they hold up to the ''strain'' that I place on them...so I think he would rather see a $500 or $800 LV that I use daily or keep for 5-10 years and use on and off than a bunch of $75-100 Kenneth Cole pink or green trendy bags around the house...hehee. Which I realized...I would like that better too. I buy the ''cute'' or trendy stuff and then I just use it a few times and get sick of it. I always go back to the classics!

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
I wish that reasoning would work for me! Unfortunately my bf sees even a ~$100 bag to be a waste...if it were him, all my stuff would come from Target etc...lowest cost that''s functional!
5.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 9:05:22 PM
Author: Mara
Milly, the vertical one was something like $750 plus tax so just over $800. The horizontal is more expensive?! How odd?

tea...Greg is VERY practical, so I was surprised he was so on-board with the purchase after we negotiated it to be Birthday AND Xmas! hehe.
I''m glad to see I''m not the only one who does the "gift of future holidays" routine. I think I''ve used up all my birthdays and Christmases until about 2009...my poor husband!

I''m 36 and I still do that to my dad as well!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I love the "gift of the future holidays" routine!
9.gif

Mara, I can''t believe the smaller horizontal one is more expensive! It is weird!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you buy from Eluxury.com do you save any money?? Their prices seem the same as the LV prices in their boutiques??

anika

Shiny_Rock
And you know, it doesn''t matter how fat or skinny you get, a great handbag always fits!
Love the bag,

Anika

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 2:09:04 PM
Author: kaleigh
If you buy from Eluxury.com do you save any money?? Their prices seem the same as the LV prices in their boutiques??

Kaleigh,
From what I know, eluxury is owned by LV, that is why the prices are the same.
The only reason why I would buy from eluxury and not at the local LV store is that I would save on tax, tolls and gas, but you do have to pay shipping fees.
39.gif

ETA: Okay, I called Eluxury and they said that they are owned by the same company that owns LV, Dior and Fendi. The company is called LVMH (?).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know that ELux was owned by LV?

On their site they said that they are the only authorized online etailer for LV items....but they sell other stuff too...not just LV items.

Interesting, I will have to check it out.

K, I would buy from eLux if the savings for tax etc will make it worthwhile, aka here in CA tax is 8.25% so that was something like $70..and shipping if it''s $20 then you do save a bit of $$.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results