shape
carat
color
clarity

Skincare Products

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, guys! I am looking to try a new skincare routine. I have always had really good skin and never really thought about night creams or anything until recently. I am close to turning 30 now, so I figured I don''t need to put it off any longer so I can hopefully prevent some lines from forming. Right now, I use a face wash and put on moisteriser with sunscreen day and night. What is your skincare routine and what kind of skincare products do you recommend?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2007 6:43:56 AM
Author:steph72276
Hi, guys! I am looking to try a new skincare routine. I have always had really good skin and never really thought about night creams or anything until recently. I am close to turning 30 now, so I figured I don't need to put it off any longer so I can hopefully prevent some lines from forming. Right now, I use a face wash and put on moisteriser with sunscreen day and night. What is your skincare routine and what kind of skincare products do you recommend?
DiamondFan got me into this British product by Boots - Protect and Perfect serum. I have been using it for 2 weeks and I am really pleased with the results. You may be able to mail order it, the only thing is that the $ pound exchange rate sux.
The buzz about this stuff has been incredible, it has been flying off shelves in the UK and it seems there aren't many women that don't use it!!

http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/flexible_brand_treatment.jsp?classificationid=1031482&wblinktype=C02S2R01B01

Other than that, I use Avalon Organics cleansers and toners which I really like, apart from the sunscreen I always wear a light foundation with sunscreen, it really helps to protect the skin. I will be hitting the mid forties next year and I don't really have any wrinkles and my skin is still taut and firm. I also exfoliate once or twice a week. Steph, I think the main thing at your age is the sunscreen and try to avoid sunbathing if you can ( hard where you live though!) and use a good anti wrinkle regime, I have always gone on the side of prevention and people are amazed when they hear my age! Mind you, I do come from a wet and dreary country where the sun rarely shines, this helps!
bat%20eyes3.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lorelei! I''ll have to check that brand out....yep, it is hard to stay out of the sun here in Florida, but I am very good about wearing sunscreen!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome Steph and you are right to start now by protecting your skin, it really does make such a difference, especially as you get older. Funny thing, last night Hubby and I were looking at an old photo of me when I was 26. If I could have the choice of looking as I did then, or as I do now - I would actually choose to look the way I do now. My face has thinned down and Hubby agrees that I have really come into my own now and I have never looked better. Funny thing is that I always thought once I hit forty, it was all over, instead I am far more at peace with my looks and enjoy the compliments I get these days!! Who knew?!?

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
The one skincare item I use each and everyday (and I think every woman should use some type of this product) is Lancome's BIENFAIT MULTI-VITAL - SPF 30 Moisturizer lotion. I absolutely love this product because it serves as my moisturizer and sun protection (against all types of harmful rays) in one. SPF 30 may be overkill to some, but I'll stick with what I know best
1.gif

I think if anything should be added to anyone's routine (who doesn't already use this type of product), it should be some sort of sun protection every day. This shield will help reduce the signs of aging and will make a huge difference in your skin's appearance with use over several years!
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2007 8:06:44 AM
Author: steph72276
Thanks, Lorelei! I'll have to check that brand out....yep, it is hard to stay out of the sun here in Florida, but I am very good about wearing sunscreen!
Cleo, Steph does wear a sunscreen already, but I really agree that anyone who doesn't use a sunscreen should do so, even if they live in a dreary dark climate such as myself.
2.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i love the arbonne face stuff. i used to use the clear advvantage (acne line) and i''ve upgraded to the intelligence line. my mom uses the anti-aging line, which she loves. i have really problem skin and this has really made my skin not so problematic,and i''ve known people with great skin say that they see improvement too. good luck finding one you like!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph, I use this from the Skin Care Lab to prevent wrinkles; I am not sure if that is your goal? For face wash I use a prescription from my dermatologist because I break out from time to time. At night I use Dior Hydraction eye serum. Below is what I love best!!!
La Roche-Posay Anthelios Fluide Extreme SPF 50+
A unique, lightweight fluid, great for oil-prone skin, formulated with Mexoryl XL and Mexoryl SX for maximum broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection (50ml)

Read this article http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2229315&page=1 This is what stops wrinkles. I use this all the time now.

Ingredients: Mexoryl XL, Mexoryl SX

skincarelab_1932_2735777.jpg

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Most women find that the big issue when they turn 30 is that their skin isn''t "turning over" often enough. I think it has to do with changes in the sebum''s stickiness? Anyhow, adding a 1X week exfoliant works wonders. I like Dermatologica''s chemical exfoliant, as well Clinique''s 7-day Scrub. I find doing either one once a week and wearing sunscreen/moisturizer keeps my skin fresh and glowing.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Epicuren is my current fav.

you are right to start now. i started at 28 and have oily skin...or had. i''ve also got good genes which helps. but good skin care is a must. my mother who is 83 has fab skin and she had dry skin all her life. she didn''t use anything fancy and still doesn''t. believe it or not, pond''s night creme for the last at least 30 years! but her skin at 83 is better than many women''s at 60. smooth skin, healthy and vibrant w/o many lines at all. i can only hope that 83 my skin looks as good!

movie zombie

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the great replies guys. I have really sensitive skin, so the less I do to it the better it seems to be....but I also want to make sure I''m doing all I can to prevent lines and wrinkles and there are just so many products out there it gets confusing. I will check into the ones you guys are recommending, though. Thanks
1.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
steph, there are so many products on the market, it''s hard to find the one
that is just right for you. And I bet there is more than just 1 line that will
do the job. With that in mind, you might read product reviews at Makeup Alley
or http://essentialdayspa.com/ , (look to the left on the home page for the forums)

I used Alpha Hydroxy for years, but now have moved on. I am much older to you, but
wow, wish I had the sense to take better care of my skin when I was younger.
Good luck.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I have very sensitive skin. I''m a sephora and beauty project junkie, but I always come back to Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizing cream. Once or twice a week I use Philosophy''s microdermabrasion in a jar.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy, I will read Monnie''s old thread...you are so resourceful! Thanks for the other suggestions bebe and lindsey.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
There is nothing like friends sharing what works for them! And you have an avalanche of great advice.

I would like to add, if I were in your shoes...I would dole out $100 clams or if you have med insurance lower...but I would get an appointment with a dermo. Tell her/him of your concerns and the long term results you hope to achieve or counter. You will get an individual professional insight - hand on that is specific to your needs.

From you avatar it is apparent that you a gorgeous and have equally as beautiful skin. This is only an investment to continue that. Many times they will give you samples that will take you through a month to see if you like the results. They may introduce you to their esthetician who can offer your services that compliment your skin type and care. Chemical peels are absolutely incredible. Spots wrinkles and the texture of your skin all change for the better.

My hat is off to you that you are thinking of prevention so early. I was still slathering on Crisco at 30...and I have to get professional treatments to see results.

Go ahead...make an appointment. It is the start of the new year...and your 30th. You are worth it!!
emangel.gif
§

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
DKS, thanks for the compliment and advice. I never really thought about going to the dematologist for a skincare routine, just for skin cancer screenings. That makes total sense to go and get a plan specifically designed for my skin. Good thinking
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use products from Mario Badescu. I like them a lot and they smell good.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Only thing I think you need if you arent already using it is sunscreen. Sunscreen will help prevent line & wrinkles. Use a foundation with SPF 15 or apply sunscreen before your makeup. I keep sunscreen in my car & apply it like lotion. Paula Begoun''s skincare/makeup line has really well formulated products.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just thought of another thing I do Steph which has really helped my skin. I take 3 fish oil capsules daily and try to drink 2 litres of water.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad that I found this topic, because skincare is another passion of mine outside of diamonds!

I am currently using the Avene line for sensitive skin, which can be found at CVS in the US, but it''s a French skincare line that is pretty new to this country. I''ve always had sensitive but acne-prone skin, and this is the only thing that keeps my skin clear without iriitating it or drying it out. Plus, everything smells heavenly. It''s more $$ than your average CVS product - they sell it in a special skincare section in my local CVS - but it''s much less expensive than the luxury brands I''ve used before - Estee Lauder, Dermalogica, etc.

They have several different formula lines for different skin types, from combination skin, to acne prone, to very dry. I haven''t yet found one of their products that I don''t like.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''m relatively low maintenance when it comes to facial skin care. I buy a lot of Neutrogena products, for some reason, they tend to give me great results. I have their version of Proactiv and it''s pretty amazing.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I've used many many products, spent many $$$, could have saved it for diamonds..

This is what I now use, and I'm very pleased with the products.. Paula's Choice..

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/

You can find recommendations for different skin issues. Her prices are so fantastic, I feel I can later it on.

Good for you to start now, wish I had worn sunscreen daily at your age, that's the best thing you can do! Do it now and do it daily..

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find the Vitamin E range by the body shop has really improved my skin. It''s worked wonders. I have the cleanser, toner, moisturiser and some of the bath products and I just love them.

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
I go to makeupalley.com every time I want to try a new product but need some advice from people who have used them before. I swear they have reviews of every skincare/makeup product.

As for skincare that I like, Bliss Sleeping Peel, Clinique Total Turnaround Concentrate, Paula''s Choice 2% BHA, Philosophy Hope in a Bottle, and Estee Lauder Clear Difference mask, and really cheap products that work are Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream and cleanser.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
sunscreen day and night.

I would not use sunscreen at night.We don''t need to put too much of anything especially at night.Some organic skin care lines don''t even recommend to put anything at all at night.I only use night cream if my skin gets dry or have some issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results