shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I wear pantyhose with sandals?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
mmm--you''ll probably laugh to find out I picked out my wedding dress in 20 minutes on my lunch hour. Brought it home and never looked back.

I''m a summer dress person, not winter so that''s where I''m off. I should just move to California with all you girls in the warm weather!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not a dress person AT ALL so that makes it easy for me...hehehee. Long black slacks with high heels and a fancy top and some jewelry and I'm golden!
2.gif

Hmm for that dress I'd 'funk it up'...pearls are too classic IMO and I wouldn't wear diamonds either. If you are wearing tall black suede boots...hmm I'd almost say some sort of golden double or triple wrap necklace with sparkly 'gemstones' or similar to give it a bit of color...the colors in the dress and boots are neutral enough to go a bit sassy with the color. Or you know what would be stunning woudl be something like a topaz necklace kind of like a diamonds by the yard that can be wrapped a few times around your neck at various lengths. And definitely dangling chandeliers in a thin gold. Or no necklace and just really sassy long earrings with topaz or another really warm brown or similar color!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
how about one of those funky chunky round black bead necklaces? either a long one that falls past the V or a short that''s just a bit longer than a choker.

and definitely BOOTS!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I comitting a huge fashion crime by wearing little white socks with loafers????? My Hubby says I am
32.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 3:50:37 AM
Author: Lorelei
Am I comitting a huge fashion crime by wearing little white socks with loafers????? My Hubby says I am
32.gif

Well now that depends, is it with a dress or pants?!
27.gif
heehee!
3.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I love everyones ideas about the chunky, fun necklaces!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Definately no hose w/sandals ...

Definately no socks w/sandals ...

Black boots are going to be "sexy" w/ your dress ...

and I vote for:

Gold type chandelier earrings ... Love the topaz idea esp. w/ the black and gold of the dress!

I don''t think I would do a necklace w/ the dress, esp. if you are already going to drawing attention in that area anyways ...

I''d go w/ awsome earrings ...

You are going to be "Gorgeous!"
9.gif

Have a wonderful night out!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2006 4:04:45 AM
Author: sunkist

Date: 2/3/2006 3:50:37 AM
Author: Lorelei
32.gif

Well now that depends, is it with a dress or pants?!
27.gif
heehee!
3.gif
Pants!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...who are you? Michael Jackson? :) Although it''s actually kind of Martha Stewart preppy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2006 10:12:43 AM
Author: moremoremore
LOL...who are you? Michael Jackson? :)
You found me out Moresie! ROFLMAO - you are so BAD!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Lorelei, NO tiny white socks with loafers!!!! Repeat after me...no white socks with loafers, no white socks with loafers!

I feel like a total fashion victim when I go to my workout class wearing thicker white socks (Gregs) when I can't find my small thin white girly ones. Even cuter is when they are worn with capri workout pants.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2006 1:03:25 PM
Author: Mara
OMG Lorelei, NO tiny white socks with loafers!!!! Repeat after me...no white socks with loafers, no white socks with loafers!

I feel like a total fashion victim when I go to my workout class wearing thicker white socks (Gregs) when I can''t find my small thin white girly ones. Even cuter is when they are worn with capri workout pants.
9.gif
No white socks with loafers no white socks with loafers! I KNEW my confession would horrify you Mara
11.gif
I shall have to change my ways PDQ I think!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I agree with the boots - no hose with sandals.

How much are you looking to spend on a necklace? Are you looking for something kind of funky, or more traditional?

Here''s a few I found on Nordstrom''s site that I think would look nice with that dress. I think you need to add a little color to it. Sorry I have to post these one at a time.

dabbyreid.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry they are so big. You couldn''t see much in the little pics on their web site.

This one is pretty inexpensive at $38 and not as funky.
2.gif

chandelierpendant.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Another....

beadedstandnecklace.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I could spend all day looking! Nordstroms has a lot of nice necklaces.

sequinmoderncross.jpg

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Island--Love the dress! I envision some ethnic kind of jewelry around your neck...check out this great website: http://www.silverleafindia.com/

As for the hose with sandals, what was going on in fashion this season/last season with tights and sandals fashionable? Was I the only one who hated that look? Is it still around??

BN007.jpg

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
and this...

BN020.jpg

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
or this...

CIN22.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
OK, not to hijack this thread but... Here''s a question. I know sandals and hose don''t look right together. But what about a closed toe slingback? (as in open heel with a strap) Can I get away with that??? Thanks.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can totally get away with wearing hose with a closed toe shoe, even with a slingback. I would even venture to say you could do hose with a peep-toe shoe. The whole issue, IMO, is the look of the "sausage casing toes"! I definitely have to wear hose sometimes with heels, mainly because I want to avoid any visible "jiggle" from my backside!!! I know there are plenty of "legless" hose options out there, but they remind me of biker shorts from the 80''s, and I really don''t care for them.

The only downside of wearing hose with heels besides the sausage factor to me is that the slickness of the hosiery can cause your foot to slip out of the shoe unexpectedly. I wish I could find a variation of a fishnet with a slimming panty built in so I could have a. grip from sole of my foot to shoe so it doesn''t fall off, and b. the slimming, non jiggly factor!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Monarch. I am not a fan of those legless hose either-I think they just look odd. It''s funny, a salesgirl had mentioned to me that there was an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer (good old Ohio I live in) that hose are OUT. I said to her "But we live in freezing cold Ohio". I could see not wearing them in states that always have warm weather, and not that hose keep you that warm, but I almost feel like it just looks strange to have bare legs here in the winter.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, C! I live outside of Chicago, and believe me, I wouldn''t set foot outside without my legs covered! I can remember living in southern IN and going to my high school prom when I had a friend who didn''t wear hose under her dress--I thought she was so tacky!!! I hate wearing hose, but sometimes they are just appropriate. I went through absolute hell trying to find the right ones to wear under my wedding gown. I''m just a very old school 20-something, I guess. I ended up buying umpteem pairs of Spanx, and every other brand of toeless/footless hose I could find without returning any of them for the butt jiggle factor alone. I finally ended up wearing a pair of regular nude hose (my dress was a little on the sheer side and form fitting so I didn''t want the waist band to be visible) and cutting off the feet--how "ghetto" is that?!

I just hate seeing visible thongs, or anything that is recognizable as an undergarment on ladies. I feel like it takes away the feminine mystery, so to speak! And I''m just a fan of being modest while showing off one''s figure, legs included! For me, it''s all about accentuating the positives while "hiding" the flaws!

9.gif

Jillbarns

Rough_Rock
These pantyhose look pretty good with sandals. www.tohos.com
Date: 2/13/2006 2:21:37 AM
Author: monarch64
LOL, C! I live outside of Chicago, and believe me, I wouldn''t set foot outside without my legs covered! I can remember living in southern IN and going to my high school prom when I had a friend who didn''t wear hose under her dress--I thought she was so tacky!!! I hate wearing hose, but sometimes they are just appropriate. I went through absolute hell trying to find the right ones to wear under my wedding gown. I''m just a very old school 20-something, I guess. I ended up buying umpteem pairs of Spanx, and every other brand of toeless/footless hose I could find without returning any of them for the butt jiggle factor alone. I finally ended up wearing a pair of regular nude hose (my dress was a little on the sheer side and form fitting so I didn''t want the waist band to be visible) and cutting off the feet--how ''ghetto'' is that?!

I just hate seeing visible thongs, or anything that is recognizable as an undergarment on ladies. I feel like it takes away the feminine mystery, so to speak! And I''m just a fan of being modest while showing off one''s figure, legs included! For me, it''s all about accentuating the positives while ''hiding'' the flaws!

9.gif
Date: 2/13/2006 2:21:37 AM
Author: monarch64
LOL, C! I live outside of Chicago, and believe me, I wouldn''t set foot outside without my legs covered! I can remember living in southern IN and going to my high school prom when I had a friend who didn''t wear hose under her dress--I thought she was so tacky!!! I hate wearing hose, but sometimes they are just appropriate. I went through absolute hell trying to find the right ones to wear under my wedding gown. I''m just a very old school 20-something, I guess. I ended up buying umpteem pairs of Spanx, and every other brand of toeless/footless hose I could find without returning any of them for the butt jiggle factor alone. I finally ended up wearing a pair of regular nude hose (my dress was a little on the sheer side and form fitting so I didn''t want the waist band to be visible) and cutting off the feet--how ''ghetto'' is that?!

I just hate seeing visible thongs, or anything that is recognizable as an undergarment on ladies. I feel like it takes away the feminine mystery, so to speak! And I''m just a fan of being modest while showing off one''s figure, legs included! For me, it''s all about accentuating the positives while ''hiding'' the flaws!

9.gif

tantoecloseup5.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
those to-hos are kinda creepy - it''s still the pantyhose over painted toenails but since the separation is not expected it creeps me out
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 3:55:05 PM
Author: Starset Princess
those to-hos are kinda creepy - it''s still the pantyhose over painted toenails but since the separation is not expected it creeps me out
2.gif
what creeps ME out the most is the picture of the extra large foot!
32.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 6:27:30 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 3/2/2006 3:55:05 PM
Author: Starset Princess
2.gif
what creeps ME out the most is the picture of the extra large foot!
32.gif
pantyhose over painted toenails is just wrong.

so are extra large feet pics!

23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results