shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick new way to clean your diamond ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
OK ... so like many of you, I've become obsessed with keeping my new platinum/diamond ring sparkly clean. Although my diamond sparkles all the time, I especially love how it looks when it just comes out of the Sharper Image US - - so much that I was actually thinking about buying a 2nd US to keep at the office (where I spend a great deal of time!).

Anyway, last week before heading into a client meeting, I had the urge to clean my ring. Since we only have paper towels and tissues in the office, I grabbed this little microfiber cloth that came with my eyeglass case from Lenscrafters and quickly rubbed it over the diamond and around the shank of my ring ...

Amazingly, just a few quick swipes with this little dust-grabbing microfiber cloth made both my diamond and the platinum of my ring ultra-clean and super-shiny! It was really amazing!

As a result, today I went to Lenscrafters and bought 3 more little microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloths - they're $6.99 each and come in lots of cool colors.
26.gif

Now, I can keep one at my desk, in my purse, and in the sunglass case in my car - - so I can swipe my diamond clean while sitting in traffic, and enjoy even more sparkle while I drive!!!
26.gif

Just thought I'd share ...

P.S. At Lenscrafters, you can buy the microfiber cleaning cloths individually ($6.99) or for slightly more $$, you can buy the cloth in a little kit that also comes with a small, spray-pump bottle of eyeglass lens cleaner, which is probably not a whole lot different from Windex. It occurs to me that the little bottle of spray cleaner might also do a nice job cleaning a diamond ring ... wish I had thought of this while I was there ...
4.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
good tip BE...unfortunately for me what bugs me the most is not the top and platinum on my rings but the pavilion of the stone which nothing reaches but a good run in the US....even if i keep the top and sides of the diamond and rings clean during the day with swiping it here or there, the bottom and sides of the pavilion gets a film on it within a day and it drives me INSANE. hehehe.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
What a good idea! I''m always wiping mine off on my t-shirt etc...

I have one cloth from the WF cleaning kit, but I''m going to get one for my purse!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Tawn: I'm curious: is the cloth from the WF cleaning kit also microfiber? For some reason, microfiber must have dust-catching properties that really work on diamonds and platinum (as well as glass - - LOL!) The little instruction sheet that comes with the Lenscrafter cloth says to keep the cloth in its carrying pouch so it doesn't collect dust from the environment ...

Now, the platinum shank of my ring shines like a mirror whenever I use it! This might work great on those gorgeous x-prong e-rings with the wider bands.

ALSO, I'll bet that some of the more crafty PS'ers could just go to a local fabric store and buy BOLTS of micro-fiber cloth for $6.99, and then just finish off the edges - -

Glad you found this helpful!
4.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
I have a blue microfiber cloth from Lenscrafters that came with spray also for my glasses. I HATE the cloth. Maybe mine is defective or something, but it leaves little blue pieces of lint or something all over my glasses, etc. And the spray is nothing more than Windex basically.

But I''m glad it works well on diamond rings!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Rascal:

The cloth I used on my ring the first time was solid black and it didn''t leave a spec of lint - - Come to think of it, I never had any trouble with lint on my glasses either!

The new cloths I bought today are multi-colored but also, so far there''s been no hint of lint!

Perhaps your cloth is more along the lines of the thicker, papery kind that Lenscrafters also sells with the liquid cleaner? It seems to me that those might leave lint behind ... but then again, I''m not an expert about this ...
40.gif

Or maybe the newer versions of the cloth are somehow improved? Hard to say ...

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Browneyes, what you are describing must be different from what I have, because mine is just horrible! I will definitely have to go back to Lenscrafters and see if I can find what you are talking about! I would love two for my glasses and ring! Hehe, thanks for the info!!!
1.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been using my eyeglass microfiber cloths to dry my rings after cleaning them in my Salton Jewelry Spa for some time now...BrownEyes, you are SO right how well it keeps your rings sparkly as a great quick fix until you can use your cleaning machine again!!!!
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i do have a few of those microfiber cloth but,never try to clean a ring with it.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple of microfiber cleaning cloths from swarovski and that''s what I also use to dry off my rings after cleaning them in my salton or with my jewel jet. I love how they don''t leave lint behind.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 4:43:21 PM
Author: BrownEyes
Tawn: I''m curious: is the cloth from the WF cleaning kit also microfiber? For some reason, microfiber must have dust-catching properties that really work on diamonds and platinum (as well as glass - - LOL!) The little instruction sheet that comes with the Lenscrafter cloth says to keep the cloth in its carrying pouch so it doesn''t collect dust from the environment ...

Now, the platinum shank of my ring shines like a mirror whenever I use it! This might work great on those gorgeous x-prong e-rings with the wider bands.

ALSO, I''ll bet that some of the more crafty PS''ers could just go to a local fabric store and buy BOLTS of micro-fiber cloth for $6.99, and then just finish off the edges - -

Glad you found this helpful!
4.gif

I''m not sure, the WF one really soft on one side (almost flannelish, but not really) and then silkier on the other?

It''s not the same as the cloth I got with my glasses, which is like a polyester **** star shirt material!
31.gif
There''s no lint coming off that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results