shape
carat
color
clarity

Professional Ultrasonic cleaners--solution?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kind of solution should I be using in the professional units? Accdg to the package instrucctions on my new device, it says not to use:
Flammable (alcohol based solutions, etc), acidic based (Drain-O(!), etc) or Ammonia Based solutions (Mr. Clean, etc) in the ultrasonic...

so...what SHOULD I be using?!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm, the only one I haven''t tried is Draino....yet!!
emwink.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tcosta

Rough_Rock
Cflutist

On an earlier post about ultrasonic cleaners you mentioned not to clean tanzanite in them, only diamonds, sapphires and rubys. I have a custom made ring with Tanzinite in the center and four bands of 40 little diamonds in a channel cut. These diamonds are always looking dull and sometimes a tooth brush just doesnt seem to do the job. If not ultrasonic becasue of The Tanzanite, any other ideas? I tend to have Tanzanite, Mystic Fire, Amethyst as well as diamonds.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just ordered the GemOro for my new Crest Ultrasonic Jewelry cleaner. I needed a more concentrated solution. I'll let you guys know how I like it. The new UC is fabulous. Thanks noobie!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2006 12:00:45 PM
Author: kaleigh
I just ordered the GemOro for my new Crest Ultrasonic Jewelry cleaner. I needed a more concentrated solution. I''ll let you guys know how I like it. The new UC is fabulous. Thanks noobie!!!
Kaleigh
congrats!! so you finally bought a real US.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 2:20:08 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

I just ordered the GemOro for my new Crest Ultrasonic Jewelry cleaner. I needed a more concentrated solution. I''ll let you guys know how I like it. The new UC is fabulous. Thanks noobie!!!
Kaleigh
9.gif
And I am in love with it. Love that it is heated. Works great, and the noise isn''t bad at all. So far so good. I turn it on in the morning before I shower and viola my rings are cleaner than ever.
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2006 5:46:36 PM

Date: 2/15/2006 2:20:08 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Kaleigh
9.gif
And I am in love with it. Love that it is heated. Works great, and the noise isn''t bad at all. So far so good. I turn it on in the morning before I shower and viola my rings are cleaner than ever.
3.gif
Do you microwave the solution first or do you just use the heater? Mine take about 20 min. to heat up.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Just an update on my new GemOro US. I purchased and received mine from Renterprises about 2 weeks ago. It worked once and then shorted out!!!! Thankfully, the company was very apologetic and allowed me to return it for a new one rather than insisting I send it to Gemoro for repair. After one use, I wanted a new one, not repair on that one!!!!

I sent the unit back and they immediately sent me a replacement. Robert Pittman called me just to let me know what the problem was with the faulty one. It turns out the first one had a circuit board that was not screwed into place. When it moved around inside the US, it broke off a transistor which is why it stopped working. For $200 I was expecting a lifetime of use, so you can imagine I was a little annoyed when it stopped working after one use. That was really nice of them to call me and just let me know exactly what the problem was.

Anyway, Renterprises got a new one to me in a couple of days, and it has been working fine. It is pretty quiet compared to my last US, and I do think it works better on getting the gunk out of the small spaces in my jewelry.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2006 8:47:55 AM
Author: diamondlil
Just an update on my new GemOro US. I purchased and received mine from Renterprises about 2 weeks ago. It worked once and then shorted out!!!! Thankfully, the company was very apologetic and allowed me to return it for a new one rather than insisting I send it to Gemoro for repair. After one use, I wanted a new one, not repair on that one!!!!

I sent the unit back and they immediately sent me a replacement. Robert Pittman called me just to let me know what the problem was with the faulty one. It turns out the first one had a circuit board that was not screwed into place. When it moved around inside the US, it broke off a transistor which is why it stopped working. For $200 I was expecting a lifetime of use, so you can imagine I was a little annoyed when it stopped working after one use. That was really nice of them to call me and just let me know exactly what the problem was.

Anyway, Renterprises got a new one to me in a couple of days, and it has been working fine. It is pretty quiet compared to my last US, and I do think it works better on getting the gunk out of the small spaces in my jewelry.
DL
are Gemoros still made in the U.S.? the appraiser that i go to said his Gemoro US is 10 yrs old and he keeps the solution heated during business hrs and never had a problem with the unit.

btw; the US works better after the solution has been degassed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results