Which bag would you prefer?

• Neither

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I like them both

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock

Hello everyone,

My DH would like to get me a nice bag for my birthday, but I cannot decide between the LV damier azur and Burberry large nova check bag.

Which one would you choose?

burberrylv.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I love LV, but I think the colors on the Burberry will match any outfit and I like the black handles, so I picked the burberry.
36.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both, but are you looking for something to carry all the time or just occasionally? I think I''m more partial to the LV because that''s not one you see very often.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The LV is my Spring choice.

cheers--Sharon

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I have the Burberry and I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOOOOOOOOO I would choose the LV for me sooo I would have both :) WOOOOOOOOOOOO They are both beautiful

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm.....that''s a tough choice. I really like both. I think they both have a very classic look and a lot of versatility. Really, I think either one is a great choice! If forced to choose, I''d go with the LV.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hello girls!

Thank you for your replies!! It seems like LV is winning so far, but doesn''t seem to be clearcut.

Yes, both bags are very beautiful and you don''t see either of them too frequently here down under.

pennquaker09 - I`m looking for an everyday bag, I don''t like changing bags very often - too lazy
1.gif

Another thing is that most of my bags are around $30 - $60, so this will be a big jump pricewise for me and hubby... So maybe the burberry could provide a nice step onto an LV further down the track?? And that way I could have both in the end!
3.gif
(just thinking out loud)

Keep the votes coming!!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both!! I posted a very similar poll last summer deciding between the exact same Burberry bag and the LV Neverfull MM tote (mono, not damier). Decided on the LV after much deliberation, and I think it was a great choice for me... it seemed just a bit more neutral than the Burberry and I'd be longing for an LV for ages, so figured I'd take the plunge. But I don't think you can go wrong either way! Have fun making the choice....
1.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thank You all for your votes and comments.

At the moment I`m leaning more to the LV, but as you probably noticed that may change within minutes
1.gif

Keep your votes coming!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The Burburry, I like it better in terms of colour :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Voted for the LV, making it pull out in the lead by one ahead of the Burberry!!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
the LV...its better. Has more room and more versitile..... I have a Mono one...

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I saw that LV the other day. I like the color. I would prefer it over the Burberry.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not a huge fan of either. I love nova check, but would not really want it on my bag. The other one is too light colored and I do not see it in the winter...though spring is around the corner.

Are you looking specifically for a tote (open top) style?

Light colors are bad for me, and I would worry about it getting dirty.

LV makes some other totes that I like a lot. The never full comes in a couple of sizes and seems to be a good bag, I also like the cabos for an every day bag.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Burberry, really like it for a work bag...but when I''m just out running errands it''s a little too much, imo. I carry it anyway, because I''m too lazy to switch bags all the time. I like the LV, but I''m not in love with it. Tara Reid I think has that one, or at least a similar Azur Damier canvas one, so maybe that''s why I''m not in love with it--every pic I''ve seen of her carrying it she looks completely wasted. Sorry, that has nothing to do with your poll!

What about the brown/black Damier canvas, same shape/style? I think that one would be much more versatile, though I do love the Azur color.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hello! Thanks everyone for your input!! Very tight race it is!

diamondfan - Yes, I am looking for a tote bag, as I find they`re the easiest to handle. The light colour of the azur is really its selling point for me as i`m not a big fan of the LV brown colours. And yes, you`re right it`s more likely to get dirty, so I`d have to be extra careful.

monarch64 - When I have googled the azur bag, pictures of Tara Reid came up with the bag... I very much dislike her, so I have been trying to forget that... thanks for bringing it up
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2008 4:53:27 AM
Author: chiquitapet
Hello! Thanks everyone for your input!! Very tight race it is!

diamondfan - Yes, I am looking for a tote bag, as I find they`re the easiest to handle. The light colour of the azur is really its selling point for me as i`m not a big fan of the LV brown colours. And yes, you`re right it`s more likely to get dirty, so I`d have to be extra careful.

monarch64 - When I have googled the azur bag, pictures of Tara Reid came up with the bag... I very much dislike her, so I have been trying to forget that... thanks for bringing it up
3.gif
Sorrryyyyy...
7.gif

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
I''m not crazy about either one of them. I think the Greenwich leather tote (in chalk color) from Banana Republic is cute.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, neither one jumps out as an every day kind of bag. Since you''re looking to step up your collection, what about a Coach or a Dooney & Burke? Your money would go a lot further and they have some great choices.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2008 12:30:37 AM
Author: pennquaker09
Honestly, neither one jumps out as an every day kind of bag. Since you''re looking to step up your collection, what about a Coach or a Dooney & Burke? Your money would go a lot further and they have some great choices.
I''m confused as to how "stepping up her collection" would constitute buying a Coach or Dooney...great brands we all know and love, BUT, not LV or Burberry. Not attacking you personally here, pennquaker, just sayin''...the OP wants to know whether we like either the LV or the Burberry, and you and a couple other posters have brought other names into the mix for no apparent reason...can we stay on topic here until the OP says otherwise (as it is her thread), and vote between the two bags she is originally posting I think that it is only fair. Sorry if I am seeming harsh...I love you all but from experience it''s no fun having everyone chime in with all kinds of opinions on threads like this.

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
Monarch, one of the options posted was "neither". I don''t see a problem with posting some other suggestions and I totally agree with Pennquaker.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heidi, the only prob I see is that the OP asked for opinions on EITHER the LOUIS VUITTON or BURBERRY.
2.gif
Maybe she'll chime in here and let us know what she ended up with. ETA: whoops, I stand corrected...there is indeed an option to vote for "neither." My Bad! [:tongue:

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Here I come from work at 3am and I see a catfight unleashing in my thread!
2.gif

Sorry for the misunderstanding in the poll. I`m very grateful for any input and suggestions from all of you!

pennquaker09 - I have considered Coach, but from the research I`ve done, we have very limited range here in Australia (it''s relatively an unknown brand here), and I`d have to order from US, which is extra hassle and money for shipping/customs. I have never heard of Dooney though - will have to educate myself on that one in the near future.

At the moment, DH and I are both for LV. Unfortunately though, some unexpected expenses came into play, so we won''t be buying just yet.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Definietly the LV Damier Azur. I love this pattern and am getting the pouchette.

But I personally don't like Burberry at all. To me, its like something my grandmother would wear/ carry. Sorry! Plus LV has great resale value. I bought my Speedy Monogram Canvas 25 two and a half years ago for $575, and sold it just the other day for $400. So I really only spent 175 on a purse...
31.gif
That's what I tell FI, anyways.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I am too late to vote but I like the Burberry better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results