shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfume...

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I''ll check them out for sure.

Several years ago, I bought a bottle of Fracas and ended up being a bit disappointed. It didn''t really smell "tuberose-y" to me. I basically want to smell like a Hawaiian lei.
9.gif
Michael Kors and Kate Spade came pretty close to me, but just missed the mark.

I am out of everything good and down to my emergency perfume - Elizabeth Arden''s Pretty - so I need to go look around soon.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - please share more about your cinnamon buns. Sounds like I may need to hunt it down for Winter.....

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
So I had given myself one of the Mary Kay Perfumes I had and It smells distinctly of roses which is making me very happy right now.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

These will be my next on my list--hope to see them in the US this summer....read they have a high concentration of essential oils....

http://www.ateliercologne.com/

cheers--Sharon

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
My latest kick is Flowerbomb!!!!!!!! OMG, it''s like flowers exploded all over my body!!!! (Hence the name
2.gif
)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 10:28:38 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Lorelei - please share more about your cinnamon buns. Sounds like I may need to hunt it down for Winter.....
LOL!!!

Ok.....Musc Ravageur starts with a blast of lavender, slightly fresh in the opening, then it dries down into pure soft cinnamon, its deelishious and I think you need a decant....The cinnamon is like buns, not like the cinnamon you get in a stick or the dried stuff, its subtle.
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2010 11:42:31 AM
Author: princessplease
My latest kick is Flowerbomb!!!!!!!! OMG, it''s like flowers exploded all over my body!!!! (Hence the name
2.gif
)
I like Flowerbomb too and the bottle is so cute!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 1:46:46 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 5/12/2010 11:42:31 AM
Author: princessplease
2.gif
)
I like Flowerbomb too and the bottle is so cute!
That''s my wedding day scent...branching out from my traditional D & G Light Blue
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute little perfume emotie for us ladies....

Pictures414.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Alright Miss Lorelei. We are on a witch hunt. Last night I went to a wedding, and the venue had this adorable bathroom with a bottle of perfume by the sink. I don''t remember the brand name. It was a square bottle... very pretty cursive lettering. I remember that the name was something along the lines of Eau du Champagne or Eau de Champagne. It was not Sisley... the brand was a longer name than that. Nor was it Caron. The start was .... like a fruity champagne? Like oranges.... but then... I was riding in the car with my mom driving on the way home... and I got this strong whiff of coffee beans. Then she did. It was so strong and so REAL that I searched the entire car for the lost bag of my grandmother''s coffee (at least that''s what I assumed it HAD to be... even though we didn''t smell it on the way there). I then had my mother sniff me and lo and behold it was the perfume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COFFEE BEANS.... it smelled more real than real. NOW I have to have it. A) it lulled me half way to sleep which is good for me at night b) it made me think of tiramisu for some reason... even though it smelled 100% of coffee.

Away I go to hunt it down. Hope you have luck b/c I wants it!
12.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2010 10:09:09 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Alright Miss Lorelei. We are on a witch hunt. Last night I went to a wedding, and the venue had this adorable bathroom with a bottle of perfume by the sink. I don''t remember the brand name. It was a square bottle... very pretty cursive lettering. I remember that the name was something along the lines of Eau du Champagne or Eau de Champagne. It was not Sisley... the brand was a longer name than that. Nor was it Caron. The start was .... like a fruity champagne? Like oranges.... but then... I was riding in the car with my mom driving on the way home... and I got this strong whiff of coffee beans. Then she did. It was so strong and so REAL that I searched the entire car for the lost bag of my grandmother''s coffee (at least that''s what I assumed it HAD to be... even though we didn''t smell it on the way there). I then had my mother sniff me and lo and behold it was the perfume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COFFEE BEANS.... it smelled more real than real. NOW I have to have it. A) it lulled me half way to sleep which is good for me at night b) it made me think of tiramisu for some reason... even though it smelled 100% of coffee.

Away I go to hunt it down. Hope you have luck b/c I wants it!
12.gif
Never could resist a challenge....
11.gif

I am on the case.....What colour was the bottle?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It''s a square clear bottle. Not cube, but square from the front. Silver taller cylindrical (Spelling?) top. It had a gold mesh ribbon. The label is on parchment paper with gold writing. I googled and went to TPC and haven''t found it yet.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
No luck on my end which is pooey

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
no ma''am

I''m thinking it must have been a very small line.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am still stuck on good old Bond No. 9, specifically New York Fling. I wish I could make my whole house smell like it. I. Love. IT!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2010 6:41:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

These will be my next on my list--hope to see them in the US this summer....read they have a high concentration of essential oils....

http://www.ateliercologne.com/

cheers--Sharon
Those look interesting Miss Sharon, longevity should be good with the oils too.

Hudson, I need to investigate the Bonds and find a retailer near me, what is New York Fling like?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, the only place I''ve been able to find it IRL is at Saks. I bought samples off of BeautyCafe.com for a long time and then finally bit the bullet and ordered a full bottle off of Ebay at a 50% discount. It was still about $100 for the bottle; however, it''s huge and could easily last me two years.

NYF is a really crisp clean scent. It''s not really a floral, it''s just very light. It''s not a scent that follows you either, which I like a lot. The breakdown of notes is as follows:

Top Notes
Bergamot, Clementine, Cardamom.

Middle Notes
Peony, Basil, Muguet, Freesia.

Base Notes
Musk, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Jasmine Absolute, Amber.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting back into my gardenia mode again. It makes the summer so much lighter.

price comparison

Rough_Rock
Great dragon fly i used En Avion it so cool

i love it
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm bouncing this up. Any new purchases ladies? I haven't purchased anything here, but am wearing Versace Sig. almost every day right now. Once it cools, I'll be back in vanillas.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Rocabar by Hermes :lickout:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hudson_Hawk said:
I am still stuck on good old Bond No. 9, specifically New York Fling. I wish I could make my whole house smell like it. I. Love. IT!

Ditto, except mine is Scent of Peace. I love the new Bond No. 9 signature though (in the gold bottle) - reminds me of Starbursts! But Scent of Peace is my go-to scent.

ETA: HH, thanks for the Beauty Cafe link! Yay samples!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I wear:

Shalimar, Guerlain
Tiffany, Tiffany
Pure Tiffany, Tiffany

I've been wearing Shalimar forever - it's my signature scent, but unless I pour it on my clothing, it is gone by midday. I think my skin absorbs it and my body metabolizes it since I've been wearing it for so long.

I then started with "Tiffany" and it was great and tried the "Pure Tiffany" for spring/summer. Both are great on me.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Organza Indecence by Givenchy. Sadly, it is only available in limited quantities :(sad

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
I have a suggestion for the tuberose lovers. Bruno Acampora Blu. I am a big fan of tuberose too, and to my nose, I have never sniffed a truer, purer tuberose than this. It's an oil, and it's expensive but omg is it worth it. Holy Grail tuberose for me. Luckyscent has it but they must have their own site too, I assume?

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
whitehotblank|1288998440|2756314 said:
I have a suggestion for the tuberose lovers. Bruno Acampora Blu. I am a big fan of tuberose too, and to my nose, I have never sniffed a truer, purer tuberose than this. It's an oil, and it's expensive but omg is it worth it. Holy Grail tuberose for me. Luckyscent has it but they must have their own site too, I assume?

I just read a review of this on the Scented Salamander. Sounds intense!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there ladies,
I'm looking for a new vanilla based scent. Something light and fresh. I have been rotating b/w Hanae Mori and Kenzo Amour and Burberry parfum but want something new. I also wear Pure Vanilla from LaVanilla laboratories and like it but it is missing sophistication.

I tried some essential oils (vanilla) but was underwhelmed as I really had a difficult time making out the scent.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Missy - I wear Bath and body works warm vanilla sugar, but it is warming to me. I also like the Body Shop vanilla perfume. It's not as warm to me, lighter, but very vanilla in smell.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dragonfly!
I used to love the Bath and Body works warm vanilla sugar body lotion but I ran out last year and when I finally got around to ordering more I found out they changed it. I read the reviews and it seems that they changed their formula and scent. Is that true? Anyway, the reviews were almost universally negative about the new Vanilla body lotion so I decided not to order it. But if you are saying it is still delicious smelling I certainly will go ahead and get some. When was the last time you bought it and was it the new one or the original?

I really love the smell of vanilla :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results