shape
carat
color
clarity

Non-Control Top Pantyhose/Tights

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Other than thigh-highs, I can''t seem to find any pantyhose/tights that don''t have control tops. A few years ago I came across a non-control top pair of black pantyhose/tights made by Hanes, I believe they were part of the "Solutions" collection, but (as all pantyhose/tights eventualy do) that pair developed a run and had to be tossed.
8.gif
I''ve searched Hanes'' website and scoured Target with no luck. Any tips on where I could find some non-control top (preferably low-rise) black pantyhose/tights?

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 1:32:21 PM
Author:aprilcait
Other than thigh-highs, I can''t seem to find any pantyhose/tights that don''t have control tops. A few years ago I came across a non-control top pair of black pantyhose/tights made by Hanes, I believe they were part of the ''Solutions'' collection, but (as all pantyhose/tights eventualy do) that pair developed a run and had to be tossed.
8.gif
I''ve searched Hanes'' website and scoured Target with no luck. Any tips on where I could find some non-control top (preferably low-rise) black pantyhose/tights?

For tights, DKNY makes both control top and non-control top options. Just read the packaging carefully.
2.gif

For pantyhose, Victoria''s Secret has had it when I''ve looked in the past... though I have to admit that it''s been a couple of years since I''ve purchased PH. Perhaps someone with, err, more up-to-date data can weigh in.

Hope this helps!
f-d-l

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 1:38:20 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis

Date: 12/2/2008 1:32:21 PM
Author:aprilcait
Other than thigh-highs, I can''t seem to find any pantyhose/tights that don''t have control tops. A few years ago I came across a non-control top pair of black pantyhose/tights made by Hanes, I believe they were part of the ''Solutions'' collection, but (as all pantyhose/tights eventualy do) that pair developed a run and had to be tossed.
8.gif

For tights, DKNY makes both control top and non-control top options. Just read the packaging carefully.
2.gif

For pantyhose, Victoria''s Secret has had it when I''ve looked in the past... though I have to admit that it''s been a couple of years since I''ve purchased PH. Perhaps someone with, err, more up-to-date data can weigh in.

Hope this helps!
f-d-l
Ditto DKNY (try Nordstrom). They also have some control top that go all the way up to the bottom of your bra, like Spanx. I can''t be of much more help. I haven''t worn hose in a looooong time.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try Marshall''s or TJMax, I just got a few pairs at TJMax.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Thing2of2 who is a clothing buyer raves about Hue tights. They have some non control top options I believe.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I used to have to wear them all the time and the ones I got were from walmart I believe. I don''t remember the brand but they were one of the cheapest ones and lasted a long time. Try checking there!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Ditto TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I got some black tights that are made from bamboo fibers at TJ Maxx in October. They are not control top. They''re fabulous. They are the best tights I''ve ever owned. I really like the bamboo fibers....they''re warm and soft.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Fleur-de-lis and Miranda: Thanks forthe suggestion! I am so thrifty when it comes to tights/pantyhose because I always manage to put a hole or run in them very quickly (that''s why I make sure to have clear nail polish with me when I wear them). So, my clumsiness makes me hesitant to pay for name brand tights. I know... kinda silly. Good sugestions, though! Maybe I can find them discounted somewhere.

Hudson Hawk: Ooo! Marshalls or TJ Maxx sounds like a great idea.

Neatfreak: I think I''ve heard of Hues. Do you know who sells them? Are they more of a Target/Kohls brand or a Nordstroms/Macys brand?

Oobiecoo: Thanks for the Walmart suggestion. Unfortunately, I don''t think we have one nearby. Maybe K-mart would have them though. Hmm...

IslandDreams: DH and I have bamboo shets. They are soooo comfy. I can''t imagine how soft bamboo tights must be. Comfy tights... YAY! I''ll have to look for those.

Thanks everyone!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 3:09:40 PM
Author: aprilcait
Fleur-de-lis and Miranda: Thanks forthe suggestion! I am so thrifty when it comes to tights/pantyhose because I always manage to put a hole or run in them very quickly (that's why I make sure to have clear nail polish with me when I wear them). So, my clumsiness makes me hesitant to pay for name brand tights. I know... kinda silly. Good sugestions, though! Maybe I can find them discounted somewhere.

Hudson Hawk: Ooo! Marshalls or TJ Maxx sounds like a great idea.

Neatfreak: I think I've heard of Hues. Do you know who sells them? Are they more of a Target/Kohls brand or a Nordstroms/Macys brand?

Oobiecoo: Thanks for the Walmart suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't think we have one nearby. Maybe K-mart would have them though. Hmm...

IslandDreams: DH and I have bamboo shets. They are soooo comfy. I can't imagine how soft bamboo tights must be. Comfy tights... YAY! I'll have to look for those.

Thanks everyone!

Amazon has them, but I'm not sure who else sells them, sorry! I'd guess more of a Macy's Nordstrom's brand, but not sure. They aren't expensive.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 2:45:25 PM
Author: neatfreak
I know Thing2of2 who is a clothing buyer raves about Hue tights. They have some non control top options I believe.
I do, I do! LOVE them. They have several non control top options...their non control top tights are called "Sheer to Waist." I don''t have any sheer tights from them but I love their opaque tights so I''m sure their sheer ones are just as good.

You can get them at Macy''s, Nordstrom and Dillard''s for sure. Probably any major department store, really. They''re all over the place online, too.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 2:59:17 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 12/2/2008 2:45:25 PM
Author: neatfreak
I do, I do! LOVE them. They have several non control top options...their non control top tights are called ''Sheer to Waist.'' I don''t have any sheer tights from them but I love their opaque tights so I''m sure their sheer ones are just as good.

You can get them at Macy''s, Nordstrom and Dillard''s for sure. Probably any major department store, really. They''re all over the place online, too.
Thanks, Thing2of2!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results